autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots g9 broken?

Quote Originally Posted by parshisa View Post
    Do you mind sharing when was the second polisher sent to you? I’ve read on the forum that Griots is aware of the issue and was working on a revised version so I wonder if they are selling new version already (i was about to order a GG9 for myself but will hold off for now). Also, what issues have you had with griots regarding the second tool?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    From what they said the revised version fixes the high pitch motor sound at certain speeds and they did something to lessen the vibration. They didn't mention anything about a cord issue. Sounds like maybe the 3rd shipment will be a another revision where they fix the cord. And to think in their video for this, Nick swings the polisher around his head to show how secure and tough the modular cord is lol. I'm not saying this is a problem, but when 1 person has 2 fail the same in under a month, I gotta wonder.

If the cord turns out to be an issue, it'll make Nick lassoing it around his head even more hilarious. Even before reading this thread I wondered what was the purpose of him doing that. I do love the "don't try this at home" disclaimed on the video. The new 21mm Adam's polisher uses I believe the same cable, both were made by the same Chinese company I'm sure. Will be interesting to see if more G9 owners have problems. If this is a problem, the Adam's will no doubt have the same issue. And I was about to order the Adam's one. Think I'll wait a bit and see...

Post Thanks / Like

let's not forget about the hundreds/thousands they have sold where there aren't any issues. a small percentage of problems will happen with any tool. GG takes feedback seriously, so let's wait and see...

3. Likes DBAILEY, Reuben Brumby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j.williams@perpetualradiance View Post
    The new 21mm Adam's polisher uses I believe the same cable, both were made by the same Chinese company I'm sure. Will be interesting to see if more G9 owners have problems. If this is a problem, the Adam's will no doubt have the same issue. And I was about to order the Adam's one. Think I'll wait a bit and see...
    Griot’s said the new manufacturer only makes products for them and no other company will get polishers from that same source this time. Adam’s just copied the design.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear of these issues that some of you folks have now experienced with this new machine.

Has in any instance, Griots Garage mailed a return shipping label, or are you finding you have to pay the return shipping on your dime? I feel they should be handling this in whole with such a situation.

It seems to appear evident and factual that there are some bugs to work out, Griots now knows about them after further investigation, and should then issue recall procedures on their website. Other suppliers, such as Autogeek and others as well should also inform customers who have bought this machine, and that in the event of premature failure contact Griots Garage directly to resolve any-all issues.

6. Likes Reuben Brumby, KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Sorry to hear of these issues that some of you folks have now experienced with this new machine.

Has in any instance, Griots Garage mailed a return shipping label, or are you finding you have to pay the return shipping on your dime? I feel they should be handling this in whole with such a situation.

It seems to appear evident and factual that there are some bugs to work out, Griots now knows about them after further investigation, and should then issue recall procedures on their website. Other suppliers, such as Autogeek and others as well should also inform customers who have bought this machine, and that in the event of premature failure contact Griots Garage directly to resolve any-all issues.
    This whole thing makes me upset. I was set on ordering one but not really sure after reading this tread and doing some research

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post

GG always emails a return label. I've never spent a dime to send them any polisher for any reason.

I haven't used my G9 yet, but if it has any issue I'm not worried about them replacing it without a single question.

Post Thanks / Like

My only issue was the turn around time. I didn’t buy a polisher to be used for a couple weeks. I have an extremely high demand and I really can’t be down a polisher. They wanted me to send it in, wait for them to diagnose it, then decide what they would do. I needed a polisher the next day, so Autogeek stepped up and sent me a new Rupes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes Reuben Brumby, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    GG always emails a return label. I've never spent a dime to send them any polisher for any reason.

I haven't used my G9 yet, but if it has any issue I'm not worried about them replacing it without a single question.
    Thank you for that info, good to know, and that it's out there for others to know. I've got 2 Griots Machines, GG3 and Boss 15, but so far have not had the need of sending either back to them.

I'd give Griots a little bit of time if wishing to purchase the GG9. They have an outstanding reputation, this will all be worked out if there is some inherit design or part flaw incorporated. Sadly, there's not more companies like them.

12. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really loved how the machine felt. I might will end up with another one. It was just a hassle at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You had said earlier that you added another Rupes. Which one and how do they compare to the Griots?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast