autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Every few years comes along something that’s known as a game changer... And until the masses discover it on their own through 1st hand experience, it’s initial reputation gets built on assumptions and heresy, doubts, etc..

Just imagine how hard it must’ve been to bring the 1st real widely used rinseless wash concentrate to market? For example Megs D114 was a sales failure and was eventually discontinued.. Proof that it’s not always easy to change the game and convince the masses to even pay attention, but it can happen.

I’m not saying this exact TW line is a bonafied game changer, I’m just saying that anything is possible. We should at least give things an honest shake before assuming it’s not in the same league.
    Very well said, Ric.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was mentioned earlier about 3 in 1 not being too good but maybe the weather was an issue. Temp is oh so important and I'd like some more background on the conditionsTurtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?Turtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    So if I’m reading this correctly, you’re leaving the new TW Spray Coating out of this testing and out of your opinion as of today? Because sure it’s alot easier to say none of those 3 products deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as CQuartz dedicated coating, but why not compare apples to apples? Or at least what we’re all currently interested ln comparing... The brand new TW products.
    That's right, I don't have enough time with the new TW Spray Coating so I can only make assumptions based on first impressions and experience with other sprays sealants and coatings. We've worked with impressive and expensive spray sealants on the market like IGL Premier, Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz and High Gloss come to mind as high price examples. For Turtle Wax's new spray coating to come anywhere near the performance to where we start making comparisons directly with CQuartz, it would have to have an ingredient or chemistry that completely revolutionizes the coating industry, and greatly leap frogs products that are much less bound by adhering to consumer friendliness, costs of materials, and pricing structure like IGL and PA.

I think a healthy amount of skepticism is good to express, especially if the OP is wondering why current reviewers aren't necessarily going out of their way to compare it directly against CQuartz. The current gap in performance is so far out of reach that there's a big opportunity for the market to produce products that better bridge that gap, and it's more likely that these are the types of products that may fill that void, so that's where I would set its expectations. I'm remaining optimistic about its performance, but just based on my initial impressions if it's based around current options on the market right now, it would certainly be a revolution if it can perform to the same extent as full ceramics. Here's my analogy, if TW Spray Coating is Seal N Shine on steroids, it needs to be the serum that turned Steve Rogers into Captain America in order to compare it against CQuartz. It could be, but I'm not expecting that.

5. Likes Klasse Act, The Guz, PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've mentioned this before, the cost being only a couple more bucks than say TWSS produces a little "thought" on my part, I'm just sayin'. I'm getting some during Christmas but not sure when I'll be able to use it.

Btw, when does this line hit the storesTurtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I've mentioned this before, the cost being only a couple more bucks than say TWSS produces a little "thought" on my part, I'm just sayin'. I'm getting some during Christmas but not sure when I'll be able to use it.

Btw, when does this line hit the storesTurtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?

And this is exactly what we need with this product. Testing!

8. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Egads! Huh? Phooey!

•I must be losing what little bit of sense I
    have left up there in the old brain matter.

-Here I am, actively involving myself in a
    quasi-serious discussion about some Turtle
    Wax products: just the opposite of my original
    intentions/reasons for becoming a member of
    an Enthusiasts’ detailing forum (AGO) in the
    first place. What was I thinking!?!?

•In most cases like this, a person would
    ask for someone to just shoot them, and
    put them out of their misery.

-I would, but there are laws in Ohio that
    discourage stampedes.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Egads! Huh? Phooey!

•I must be losing what little bit of sense I
    have left up there in the old brain matter.

-Here I am, actively involving myself in a
    quasi-serious discussion about some Turtle
    Wax products: just the opposite of my original
    intentions/reasons for becoming a member of
    an Enthusiasts’ detailing forum (AGO) in the
    first place. What was I thinking!?!?

•In most cases like this, a person would
    ask for someone to just shoot them, and
    put them out of their misery.

-I would, but there are laws in Ohio that
    discourage stampedes.

Bob
    As enthusiastically as the hoards may flock to your posthumous service Bob, I would still be interested in your opinions.............

12. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax Hybrid Spray Coating - Are the reviews misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    For Turtle Wax's new spray coating to come anywhere near the performance to where we start making comparisons directly with CQuartz, it would have to have an ingredient or chemistry that completely revolutionizes the coating industry, and greatly leap frogs products that are much less bound by adhering to consumer friendliness, costs of materials, and pricing structure like IGL and PA.
    I think it’s alot more possible than one may think.. In Jimbos recent video he interviews Michael Stoops of Meguiars, and Stoops makes a statement along the lines of “when it comes to certain things, we may not always be 1st, but you can count on us being the best when we finally do join the crowd and come to market with a latest category of product”... Now he did sort of retract a bit on his statement there, but you could see the smile of confidence that only comes from someone who knows he’s part of an industry giant such as Meguiars.

He went on to speak about the user friendliness of their soon to be released new “coating” and said that it will be the 1st coating that can be applied and not have to be wiped off for 5-10min. unlike the way all current coatings have had to be applied, basically eliminating the risk of high spots and making the process of applying a coating easier than any coating on the market. [I’m paraphrasing]... But either ways, not bad.

As far as big companies having to feel the pain of costs of product and pricing structure? Once again I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the other way around, with smaller companies feeling the pain as opposed to the bigger companies who can afford to buy in much higher quantities and sell on a much broader scale than the lesser known and more expensive boutique/“high quality” brands we here are familiar with.

Just for example, I used to work for a pretty big [but in actuality mid size] aluminum company a few years ago, and we had permission, yes permission to buy directly from industry giants such as Alcoa, Kaiser, among other top aluminum manufacturers in the world.. But the funny thing is that Alcoa and similar big companies won’t allow just anyone to buy from them.. They consider it a complete waste of time to sell to anyone unless you agree to buy a certain amount aka thousands of tons of metal from them per year. So I wouldn’t doubt it if certain deals work in a similar way to where a huge company like TW or Meguiars has the ability to make deals on a much broader scale that’s unavailable to smaller companies who in turn have to charge alot more to their customers to buy and therefore are the real ones who are more bound to costs of materials and pricing structure. That would be a fair, dare I say perfect explanation for their higher prices.

The whales of the industry like AA make more on just their famous Protectant than some detailing companies make across their entire line of products. And that’s a fact.

14. Likes Klasse Act, DetailZeus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not gonna jump the gun on any of these products...I bit on cmx last year and a 95%full bottle sits in my cabinet. I'm gonna do the smart thing and only listen to reviewer's who have never been to Arizona in their lives! However if I had to buy stock in one I cannot go against griots. I've never been upset with anything they sell

Sent from my SM-A205U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Diamond Dog,

I haven't read the entire thread, but I believe you're overthinking it. I had several applications of Seal N Shine on my car and a single pass with a light polish (Turtle Wax Clean Finish Polish) on a light polishing pad, removed it all, leaving the paint literally squeaky clean.

Like it's been said, TW "target audience" is the average consumer - attention from the "upper level" of detailers is icing on the cake for them. I don't see them marketing a product (to the average consumer) that needs to be sandblasted to remove it.

I think Mike Phillips is right about TW using the wrong WORD to describe how to remove their Ceramic Spray.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

17. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast