autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worx Hydroshot - Poor water pressure

Quote Originally Posted by mightypudge View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

The Hydroshot was a very disappointing purchase. I didn't need it to be as powerful as a pressure washer, but it would have been nice for it to at least be as good as a hose. I think in some ways it was more wasteful than a pressure washer, as it took far more water than it should have to rinse the soap off my car.

As I mentioned in another thread, our HOA has stringent guidelines about water usage. There are no external hose hookups and running a line from inside the apartment to an outside pressure washer isn't an acceptable workaround. So I am still looking for an alternative solution. I found these two items on Amazon, neither have glowing reviews, but I am getting desperate. Does anyone have positive experiences with these?

Sun Joe SPX6000C-XR iON Cordless Pressure Washer

Pure Clean Portable Spray Washer

The second link is similar to one I had originally a few years back. It's good and works well but beware of the hose connection to the unit as it's plastic. I dropped mine and broke it in several places but was always concerned that it was fragile where the hose connects. Overall, meh...

Sorry to hear the Hydro isn't working out.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    The second link is similar to one I had originally a few years back. It's good and works well but beware of the hose connection to the unit as it's plastic. I dropped mine and broke it in several places but was always concerned that it was fragile where the hose connects. Overall, meh...

Sorry to hear the Hydro isn't working out.
    Thanks. I am probably overthinking this. The Wolfgang Rinseless seems the way to go for someone in my situation. I could visit the local coin-op to do a quick pre-rinse with their pressure washer to get all the pollen or hardened bugs and bird dookie off my paint. The Hydroshot is probably good enough to rinse my wheels after a Sonax or Wolfgang treatment.

Post Thanks / Like

It's just not that powerful

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mightypudge View Post
    Thanks. I am probably overthinking this. The Wolfgang Rinseless seems the way to go for someone in my situation. I could visit the local coin-op to do a quick pre-rinse with their pressure washer to get all the pollen or hardened bugs and bird dookie off my paint. The Hydroshot is probably good enough to rinse my wheels after a Sonax or Wolfgang treatment.
    Exactly what I was going to post. Go to the coin-op to knock off the heavy stuff and come back and use the Hydroshot with what ever rinseless product you decide to use.

5. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Work Hydroshot - Poor water pressure

I really like the Krause and Becker airless paint sprayer for this. Its got enough power to knock dirt off the car (up to 3000psi rating - it has a pressure control knob). I mix my rinseless solution in the bucket and use it to pre-rinse the wheels, paint etc. Then follow up with my rinsleless wash with the BRS/ MF towels but it really knocks most of the dirt off the panels.

I think the only difference here is that it has to be plugged in for power. It is not battery operated so may not be a viable option for mobile washes unless you have a generator.

Airless Paint Sprayer Kit
    Raydiant Reflections Auto Detailing
    Website
    Facebook

7. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    I really like the Krause and Becker airless paint sprayer for this.

Wow, interesting. I never thought of using a paint sprayer. I'll have to look into this. Power is no problem; I have an outlet in my driveway, just no hose hookup. This may be perfect. If it saves me a $10 trip to the local coin-op every Saturday, it'll pay for itself in no time.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Saw the info yesterday on it. Am I correct in saying it can also be hooked up to a regular garden hose to greatly increase pressure? At least they showed it that it can be done.
    Yes you can connect it right to the garden hose. It is supposed to increase the water pressure 10x. Good pressure from a garden hose is 30 psi.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    I really like the Krause and Becker airless paint sprayer for this. Its got enough power to knock dirt off the car (up to 3000psi rating - it has a pressure control knob). I mix my rinseless solution in the bucket and use it to pre-rinse the wheels, paint etc. Then follow up with my rinsleless wash with the BRS/ MF towels but it really knocks most of the dirt off the panels.

I think the only difference here is that it has to be plugged in for power. It is not battery operated so may not be a viable option for mobile washes unless you have a generator.

Raydiant, do you think this works better in the engine than the Hydroshot? I was talking to a guy that said the Airless Pain Sprayer is too weak....he said it's like a bit stronger than the mist setting on a hose. I'm torn between the Hydro and Paint Sprayer for engines.

Hydro looks good here:

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

I use the hydro shot for rinsing the car with DI water after washing it, followed by blow drying to remove DI water then towel dry ( we have really hard water in the mountains of NE , PA)
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

12. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post
    I use the hydro shot for rinsing the car with DI water after washing it, followed by blow drying to remove DI water then towel dry ( we have really hard water in the mountains of NE , PA)
    i do this too. I find that I don’t even need a towel.

The Hydroshot is great for what it can do, but expecting a true pressure washer replacement is a mistake.

My favorite use for it is road trips. I can take some distilled water and the HS in my trunk and it’s great for removing fresh bird crap and bugs! I get a kick out of the looks I’ll get in hotel parking lots. 😂

For the OP, I’m surprised it doesn’t work for you at least as a RW pre rinse.
    In your situation, I’d pre rinse with the HS, then do a RW and rinse with the HS.

14. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast