autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: New FLEX PXE 80 10.8-EC by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

So we're now into "next week".

Great news. Standing by for more info. Thank you Mike.
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing & Repair
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don't Do It At All

2. Likes Linda Fields liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i need to buy both of the cordless polishers!!!!! when can i buy them?

Post Thanks / Like

I want this. Haven't had the desire to get a new machine in a while because I can do it all with my 3401 and Rupes ibrid,

They really need to make a backing plate extension for this machine (like the ones they sell for rotaries) because the head is still really big and will be hard to get into tight spots (rear license plate areas and difficult parts on bumpers/exotic cars). What good is a 1" buffing pad if I can't fit the head of the machine into a tight area.

If they can figure that out, I'll sell my Rupes. It's a good unit but not designed for extended use and probably MUCH weaker than this new Flex. Plus the quick disconnect would be much more fun to use and a time saving feature.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Pictures: New FLEX PXE by Mike Phillips

I will definitely be adding one of these incredible looking tools to my FLEX arsenal of tools.

I absolutely love my 3401 forced rotation unit as it can really correct some paint flaws with speed and precision.

I also love my KOMPACT Flex tool with the 1", 2", and 3" pads/backing plates and 3 different size extension bars. The KOMPACT essentially does much of what the iBRID from RUPES can do in many circumstances, although it has to be plugged in versus the cordless ability of the iBRID. This unit has now brought the cordless function and many of the features of the iBRID to a Flex machine. One thing I really like about the Flex units are their DURABILITY! And this units looks to be pretty darn DURABLE right from the get go just from the appearance.

I'm sold on the appearance alone of this unit. Jon from UK who runs the "FORENSIC DETAILING CHANNEL" on Youtube and a few others have already posted extensive and detailed reviews of this new Flex portable battery powered unit and the reviews have been very positive.

Flex clearly got inspiration from the iBRID which paved the way now for other manufacturers to follow.

The iBRID has a few years of service and a very loyal following of professional and enthusiast users under it's belt and has proven to be game changer in the world of detailing. When years ago all you had was a giant, heavy, but certainly capable ROTARY polisher with wool pads, with all the innovations in polishers now, polishing paint has an almost surgical like precision to it now. Even home enthusiast can correct paint defects with very good results, whereas in the past, that type of correction would have had to be done by a trained professional detailer or body shop.

The past 10 years have been exciting in the arena of what is now commonly called "Car Detailing". Detailing has become so much more mainstream with the now worldwide market and of course that useful little instrument called the "Computer" and that symbiotic relative of the computer, THE INTERNET!!

Once DA polishers took off starting with the PORTER CABLE years ago, pressed on further by the Griots Garage 6" DA after the success of the Porter Cable, and those early adopters of YouTube and streaming videos, those first users who took the "plunge" and started posting videos such as Kevin from Buff Daddy, Larry from AMMO NYC, Mike Phillips of course, Barry Mequiar and his TV show, Griot's to some extent and Richard Griot's flare to great marketing and bringing great quality products to the market for the masses, etc, etc.

After that early few years got the whole idea of detailing for the home enthusiast's going, the "weekend warriors" or "home detailing enthusiasts" really started to take off. From there as most reading this will know, it started to see an influx of MANY different people trying to use social media as a platform for many different detailing channels across the entire spectrum of all platforms of social media from Facebook, to YouTube, to instagram, all the way up to Mike Phillips and his crew having their own TV show specifically about car detailing. (Love that show by the way Mike, hope to see another "season" on TV soon). Come on Motor Trend TV, "Hint Hint", we all want a new seasons of Mike's car detailing show!

Now, in 2019, there are literally THOUSANDS upon thousands of detailing products out there, although the majority of paint protection is on PPF (Paint Protection Films) and Glass coatings, Ceramic coatings, even newer technology past ceramic using other chemicals and bases different than ceramic, with even more durability, gloss, and ease of use are in the works right now and will no doubt be on the market within a very short time span. The amount of detailing products and tools out on the market right now across the world stage is truly MIND BOGGLING.

It would take you several years to try and test out or use just a fraction of what products are out there for consumer use. I actually personally think it's gotten out of hand. Every "want to be the next million dollar product" start up company out there is putting out products (many of them "sub standard") and just plain "junk" imitation products or "copy cats" of the actual tested and very good original products. Eventually, most of the "copy cats" go "bye bye" because their companies fail. But unfortunately, many of the consumers SUFFER because they spend money on absolute JUNK and stuff that does not work even closely like the original product they try to copy.

Microfiber cloths are a good example of this field. There are SO MANY different microfiber cloths in the world right now, how does the consumer (or "weekend enthusiast") know they are buying a good quality product. Quite simply.....THEY DON'T. They buy the product based on false claims on the internet or the product packaging itself and take that hype or printed material as "gospel" and it's not the case which they find out when they start using the product. Fortunately, with YouTube and places like this detail Forum run by Mike and the team at Autogeek, most of us enthusiast know what products are usually the good (or sometimes GREAT, FANTASTIC, INCREDIBLE, REVELATION LEVEL) products that are currently in production/use or are on the way.

Mike seems to be the real deal and a very truthful product tester/user. I would trust what he says related to anything detailing related and also product recommendations. Mike is a master detailer and in fact, I would go as far as saying he should probably be a "honorary PROFESSOR" or "DOCTOR OF DETAILING". Mike Phillips..PHD! Is there any Automotive Educational Institution willing to give Mike his PHD in the very technical profession of Car Detailing and Paint Restoration.

It's an emerging trade although there are no professional educational institutions that offer an under graduate degree in "Automotive Detailing" or "Paint Correction Professional" although maybe students and instructors should rally the colleges and trade schools all over the world to start incorporating something like that field into their instructional curriculum. I definitely see an educational opportunity for some sort of college or trade school to start up something like that. I know for a fact that the classes would be FULL from day one!

There are SO MANY men and women out here in the world right now that are flat out in love with their cars whether that be a classic car, their first car, their dream car, whatever, a lot of people around the entire world are in LOVE with their cars. Just think how much time we, as a society, deeply dependent on our TRANSPORTATION, spend in our chosen form of transportation, whether that be our personal cars, a commuter train, a bus in your town, a plane (whether a small single engine two person personal plan up to an A380 Super Jumbo Jet) to get you to another city. We, quite simply are a world dependent and many of us DEVOTED to our transportation choice, most of which is CARS or MOTORCYCLES!

As soon as this new Flex Tool with Battery/Charger is available, hopefully i'll be one of the first to get mine purchased and in my hand to use here at my own garage! Can't wait.

I love my Flex polishers and this will be the third unit in my arsenal of polishing tools. I know at some point, i'll be switching over to all the Flex "battery" units, mainly for the ease of use and no longer needing that cumbersome cord you have to constantly sling over your shoulder to avoid it hitting the vehicle you are trying to perfect and correct. With a cordless unit, it makes it SO MUCH easier to be able to walk around and polish the vehicle without having to worry about the cord.

I know "POWER" is always a topic when it comes to the battery unit so hopefully the technical engineers in product development have worked out all the "Kinks" and these units will perform as good, or better than, the plug-in units currently out in the field polishing cars all over the world.

I have no doubt that Flex, and all the other major manufacturers, have done their homework and these new battery powered units will perform like a Ferrari or Lamborghini that the units are polishing!

The Detailing World is a very exciting time right now. I know that 2020 and beyond are going to be even better! I dare say we will be seeing some really innovative, creative, useful, and exciting products in the future.

Happy detailing all. And enjoy your garage therapy of making your own personal vehicle look as beautiful as possible.

Have a great day all.

And Mike, thanks for taking the time to post these "pre photo's" of a really innovative and exciting product from Flex.

Post Thanks / Like

Another video reviewing the PXE80. Looks like some places in Europe are accepting pre-orders.

Bill Strobel
    Fayetteville, NC

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: New FLEX PXE by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by jvanseeters View Post
    I will definitely be adding one of these incredible looking tools to my FLEX arsenal of tools. I absolutely love my 3401 forced rotation unit as it can really correct some paint flaws with speed and precision. I also love my KOMPACT Flex tool with the 1", 2", and 3" pads/backing plates and 3 different size extension bars. The KOMPACT essentially does much of what the iBRID from RUPES can do in many circumstances, although it has to be plugged in versus the cordless ability of the iBRID. This unit has now brought the cordless function and many of the features of the iBRID to a Flex machine. One thing I really like about the Flex units are their DURABILITY! And this units looks to be pretty darn DURABLE right from the get go just from the appearance. I'm sold on the appearance alone of this unit. Jon from UK who runs the "FORENSIC DETAILING CHANNEL" on Youtube and a few others have already posted extensive and detailed reviews of this new Flex portable battery powered unit and the reviews have been very positive. Flex clearly got inspiration from the iBRID which paved the way now for other manufacturers to follow. The iBRID has a few years of service and a very loyal following of professional and enthusiast users under it's belt and has proven to be game changer in the world of detailing. When years ago all you had was a giant, heavy, but certainly capable ROTARY polisher with wool pads, with all the innovations in polishers now, polishing paint has an almost surgical like precision to it now. Even home enthusiast can correct paint defects with very good results, whereas in the past, that type of correction would have had to be done by a trained professional detailer or body shop. The past 10 years have been exciting in the arena of what is now commonly called "Car Detailing". Detailing has become so much more mainstream with the now worldwide market and of course that useful little instrument called the "Computer" and that symbiotic relative of the computer, THE INTERNET!! Once DA polishers took off starting with the PORTER CABLE years ago, pressed on further by the Griots Garage 6" DA after the success of the Porter Cable, and those early adopters of YouTube and streaming videos, those first users who took the "plunge" and started posting videos such as Kevin from Buff Daddy, Larry from AMMO NYC, Mike Phillips of course, Barry Mequiar and his TV show, Griot's to some extent and Richard Griot's flare to great marketing and bringing great quality products to the market for the masses, etc, etc. After that early few years got the whole idea of detailing for the home enthusiast's going, the "weekend warriors" or "home detailing enthusiasts" really started to take off. From there as most reading this will know, it started to see an influx of MANY different people trying to use social media as a platform for many different detailing channels across the entire spectrum of all platforms of social media from Facebook, to YouTube, to instagram, all the way up to Mike Phillips and his crew having their own TV show specifically about car detailing. (Love that show by the way Mike, hope to see another "season" on TV soon). Come on Motor Trend TV, "Hint Hint", we all want a new seasons of Mike's car detailing show! Now, in 2019, there are literally THOUSANDS upon thousands of detailing products out there, although the majority of paint protection is on PPF (Paint Protection Films) and Glass coatings, Ceramic coatings, even newer technology past ceramic using other chemicals and bases different than ceramic, with even more durability, gloss, and ease of use are in the works right now and will no doubt be on the market within a very short time span. The amount of detailing products and tools out on the market right now across the world stage is truly MIND BOGGLING. It would take you several years to try and test out or use just a fraction of what products are out there for consumer use. I actually personally think it's gotten out of hand. Every "want to be the next million dollar product" start up company out there is putting out products (many of them "sub standard") and just plain "junk" imitation products or "copy cats" of the actual tested and very good original products. Eventually, most of the "copy cats" go "bye bye" because their companies fail. But unfortunately, many of the consumers SUFFER because they spend money on absolute JUNK and stuff that does not work even closely like the original product they try to copy. Microfiber cloths are a good example of this field. There are SO MANY different microfiber cloths in the world right now, how does the consumer (or "weekend enthusiast") know they are buying a good quality product. Quite simply.....THEY DON'T. They buy the product based on false claims on the internet or the product packaging itself and take that hype or printed material as "gospel" and it's not the case which they find out when they start using the product. Fortunately, with YouTube and places like this detail Forum run by Mike and the team at Autogeek, most of us enthusiast know what products are usually the good (or sometimes GREAT, FANTASTIC, INCREDIBLE, REVELATION LEVEL) products that are currently in production/use or are on the way. Mike seems to be the real deal and a very truthful product tester/user. I would trust what he says related to anything detailing related and also product recommendations. Mike is a master detailer and in fact, I would go as far as saying he should probably be a "honorary PROFESSOR" or "DOCTOR OF DETAILING". Mike Phillips..PHD! Is there any Automotive Educational Institution willing to give Mike his PHD in the very technical profession of Car Detailing and Paint Restoration. It's an emerging trade although there are no professional educational institutions that offer an under graduate degree in "Automotive Detailing" or "Paint Correction Professional" although maybe students and instructors should rally the colleges and trade schools all over the world to start incorporating something like that field into their instructional curriculum. I definitely see an educational opportunity for some sort of college or trade school to start up something like that. I know for a fact that the classes would be FULL from day one! There are SO MANY men and women out here in the world right now that are flat out in love with their cars whether that be a classic car, their first car, their dream car, whatever, a lot of people around the entire world are in LOVE with their cars. Just think how much time we, as a society, deeply dependent on our TRANSPORTATION, spend in our chosen form of transportation, whether that be our personal cars, a commuter train, a bus in your town, a plane (whether a small single engine two person personal plan up to an A380 Super Jumbo Jet) to get you to another city. We, quite simply are a world dependent and many of us DEVOTED to our transportation choice, most of which is CARS or MOTORCYCLES!

As soon as this new Flex Tool with Battery/Charger is available, hopefully i'll be one of the first to get mine purchased and in my hand to use here at my own garage! Can't wait. I love my Flex polishers and this will be the third unit in my arsenal of polishing tools. I know at some point, i'll be switching over to all the Flex "battery" units, mainly for the ease of use and no longer needing that cumbersome cord you have to constantly sling over your shoulder to avoid it hitting the vehicle you are trying to perfect and correct. With a cordless unit, it makes it SO MUCH easier to be able to walk around and polish the vehicle without having to worry about the cord. I know "POWER" is always a topic when it comes to the battery unit so hopefully the technical engineers in product development have worked out all the "Kinks" and these units will perform as good, or better than, the plug-in units currently out in the field polishing cars all over the world. I have no doubt that Flex, and all the other major manufacturers, have done their homework and these new battery powered units will perform like a Ferrari or Lamborghini that the units are polishing! The Detailing World is a very exciting time right now. I know that 2020 and beyond are going to be even better! I dare say we will be seeing some really innovative, creative, useful, and exciting products in the future. Happy detailing all. And enjoy your garage therapy of making your own personal vehicle look as beautiful as possible. Have a great day all. And Mike, thanks for taking the time to post these "pre photo's" of a really innovative and exciting product from Flex.
    Holy Moly.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but that huge hunk of text turned my "Cannot read this" switch on in my brain.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Likes DETAILROOKIE, mc2hill, Kaban liked this post
    Mike Phillips

In case you didn't know....

These are now available to pre-order!

FLEX PXE 80 12-EC KIT PRE-ORDER - $399.99

TECHNICAL DATA:

Max. polishing pad Ø- 3”
    Max. backing pad Ø- 3”
    Stroke- 3 & 12 mm
    No-load speed- 400-2000/-3000/-4000/-5800 rpm
    Stroke rate at no-load- 800-4000/-6000/-8000/-11600 rpm
    Battery voltage- 12V
    Battery Capacity- 2.5/4.0/6.0 Ah
    Ø battery runtime*- 2.5 Ah (up to 20 min.), 4.0 Ah (up to 35 min.), 6.0 Ah (up to 50 min.)
    Weight without battery- 1.5 lpounds

FLEX PXE 80 12-EC KIT includes:

• PXE 80 12-EC
    • 1 each of the adapters (1 rotary, 1 orbital 3mm and 1 orbital 12mm)
    • 1 each of the backing plates (1- 1" sticky, 1- 1" Velcro and 1- 3" Velcro)
    • Quantity of two - 2.5 Amp batteries
    • 1 charger
    • 1 Bag

On Autogeek.com

FLEX PXE 80 12-EC KIT PRE-ORDER - $399.99

I didn't have anything to do with this video

10. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

More....

We took a fully charged 2.5 amp battery and rand it constant until the battery died.

We did this LIVE - so there's no fooling the camera phone.

Pre-Order NOW! 40 minutes battery run time for the NEW FLEX PXE 80

We ran a fully charged battery solid, that is we never turned her off. Re ran the tool until the battery died on it's own.

We easily obtained 40 minutes run time!

>CLICK< on the picture to watch the video - it's hosted on my Facebook page

If you fast forward to about the 40:34 time mark, that's when the tool shut down as the battery had finally died.

12. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Happiness is the same price as red buffers XD

The forced rotation still says pre order on AG website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    -Mr. Slick, Palm Springs' Mobile Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I have ordered mine. Thank you for the heads up Mike.
    Bill Strobel
    Fayetteville, NC

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast