autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: applying ceramic for the first time,

well i just went ahead and ordered these:
    http://grabilla.com/09b05-8a6f0e12-a...da1a3893ca.png

dont think i need anything else do i ??

apparently the Lite cquartz is arriving soon so i might just apply that, but i must say the original cquartz doesnt seem impossible to do either ! and i may end up Trying it on the family car !...

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    The secret is to use and then immediately soak them in a bucket with APC/MF cleaner and then once done wash them all. No need to throw them out.
    just wondering since i have just 4 towels if soak the WHOLE towel in water immediately after applying the coating on a single panel. then i guess not many towels left to do the whole car right ??! or i need more towels in this scenario ? does that apply for cquartz Lite as well ??

finally can i dilute 2oz of MF cleaner with a whole bucket of water or any special dilution ratio etc..?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, 4 towels probably only enough to do one layer of whatever coating it is. Lite will require same amount of towels.
    2oz sound fine, you really just need them to stay wet and any cleaner will just help break down the curing that could be starting.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

I found this extremely informative
    YouTube

4. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, 4 towels probably only enough to do one layer of whatever coating it is. Lite will require same amount of towels.
    2oz sound fine, you really just need them to stay wet and any cleaner will just help break down the curing that could be starting.
    My question actually is if I throw that entire towel immediately into a water bucket right after removing the flashing product from ONE SECTION. Well then I will probably need maybe 15 towels or so not just 4 ?!...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jojokoko View Post
    My question actually is if I throw that entire towel immediately into a water bucket right after removing the flashing product from ONE SECTION. Well then I will probably need maybe 15 towels or so not just 4 ?!...
    Use two towels at a time. After about half car you switch them with clean ones. Soak the ones you were using. So 4 towels per layer of coating. You can use more but I’d say 4 is the minimum for each layer.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

You’ll need to have at least 4 and I say 6 to remove coating. Remember you’ll Need to follow up with a towel for buffing and leveling after you remove.

Like I and budget mentioned before get a 10 pack of TRC 300-350 edgeless and you’ll be fine.

You won’t replace the buffing/leveling towel as often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I have done and it seems to work. I fill up a bucket with a couple gallons of water. I then add a strong mixture of Micro Restore into the bucket. Once I feel that the towel is not absorbing product but rather pushing it around I will toss it in the bucket and let it soak. I will do the same for the other towels after I am all finished. I will then wash them in the washing machine with more micro restore but less concentrated. The towels have come out fine so far.

9. Likes jojokoko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You want to do Trix before claying and polishing. So you can do that before they get your car. Just make sure to wash it after applying and before taking your car in for polishing.
    dammit it seems like i will have to find another detailer then ! my car is already coated ! they need to Remove the old coat, by polishing, clay and decontaminate, then polish again after claying, use IPA, and its all up to me then to install the new coat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Here is what I have done and it seems to work. I fill up a bucket with a couple gallons of water. I then add a strong mixture of Micro Restore into the bucket. Once I feel that the towel is not absorbing product but rather pushing it around I will toss it in the bucket and let it soak. I will do the same for the other towels after I am all finished. I will then wash them in the washing machine with more micro restore but less concentrated. The towels have come out fine so far.
    ok thanks that probably what am gonna do then !...

Post Thanks / Like

dammit it seems like i will have to find another detailer then ! my car is already coated ! they need to Remove the old coat, by polishing, clay and decontaminate, then polish again after claying, use IPA, and its all up to me then to install the new coat.
    They can polish once after the other steps even if your removing a coating. Claying, Iron remover, Trix (tar remover). All are gonna remove bonded contamination which will be on top of your old coating. Once removed polish and bingo.

Still say if your gonna spend $300 buy a g8 and do it yourself. Not hard at all just gotta be a little careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Thanks jojokoko thanked for this post
    Likes jojokoko liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast