autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a carwash soap that DOESN'T have wax in it, sell me on YOUR favorite!

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    Owning a detail shop I've used many soaps. My absolute favorite is the Griots Car Soap.
    It's all I'll use for Ceramic Coatings

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I hear you. Griot's Garage got it down. Why other manufacturers fail to present such simplicity to potential customers? Chemical Guys website is a total disaster.

2. Likes PaulMys, JustJesus, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a carwash soap that DOESN'T have wax in it, sell me on YOUR favorite!

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    This guy: YouTube tested about 30 car soaps both in the foam cannon and in the wash bucket. So if you are interested about a particular soap, I suggest you watch the video he did about it.

I did not watch all the videos he did, but a watched a lot. Seems like the following products were the ones he rated highest: Chemical Guy's Glossworks, Adam's shampoo (can't remember which one), Meguiar's Gold Class. There was also an other Chemical Guy's that came about equal to Glossworks but I can't remember it either.

Welll, you have plenty to watch
    Interesting...he also demonstrates and states "Why the two bucket wash method is a failure" YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

I use hyper wash regularly, chemical guys clean slate if I want to re wax

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Based on my understanding, any additives (e.g. polymers, carnauba, conditioning agents, gloss enhancing ingredients) are irrelevant for foam gun.
    None of these are effective with ~5 minutes pre-soak, right?
    Now, with a mitt, the outcome will be different.

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Car Wash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mpulsiv View Post
    Based on my understanding, any additives (e.g. polymers, carnauba, conditioning agents, gloss enhancing ingredients) are irrelevant for foam gun.
    None of these are effective with ~5 minutes pre-soak, right?
    Now, with a mitt, the outcome will be different.
    IME it's so. You will get some cleaning ability from a car soap as it's wetting the surface and loose up dirt that way and some of them can have an ability from the chemicals in them to desolve some dirt too. But compared to a dedicated prewash foam and PW clean rinsing it off. A car soap don't do much but like someone claims for lubrication of the dirt. But that's water plenty enough to give IMO. Then it's a huge difference between the prewash foams that is in the top of cleaning ability from it. Then you have the even more effective TFR foams. Where you have a higher ph level that is more impacting on the LSPs. The difference shows most on the more dirty paints. But in the longrun it could be worth to use a prewash foam. And especially if you have a ceramic coating that you have a high chemical resistance and you benefit from haveing it as clean as possible cause of the longevity from them.

With the use of a prewash foam and PW clean rinsing it off at every wash I do. And decon washes as needed and in my environment it's a tar remover followed by an iron remover. I don't wash regualary and maybe it's between once a month and every other month I do wash. Tar remover I need to be useing every wash during the winter months here in Sweden. At least when it goes over a month between the washes. During the winter months I useally uses a little stronger prewash foam or a mix of the awesome one I have and an APC from the same brand that's very effective at weak dilutions too.

The benefit with the prewash for me is less aggitations when doing the contact wash. But it's also very effective on the road film and especially in the winter months when the road salt desolves much more of all of the oily dirt build up on the roads. So in my environment I benefit a lot of useing a prewash foam. I have noticed that some of these also have glossenhancers left behind. Don't know if it's to trick you so it looks cleaner.

If you don't have tried Carpro Reset car soap. I would test the small bottle of it and see how you like it. Since it's so concentrated it's important to get the 1:500 dilution right. If you have a stronger dilution wax and sealants longevity can be reduced. With so little of product it's so easy to get it so much stronger and that's not necessary as at the right dilution you have one of the best car soap in both cleaning ability and lubrication from it. The easiest to dilute it is 1oz in 4 gallons of water. Gtechnic G-Wash is one that's on par with Reset in the cleaning ability. Both is very easy to rinse off and don't leave anything behind as in protection and glossenhancers. I don't like when a car soap leaves protection and glossenhancers behind as they have an impact on the LSP. And if I have something I like the looks from it I want it left after the wash. I don't use drying aid either as it messes to much with the drying towels performance. So if I want to ad something I do that on dry paint and also to not dilute when used as a drying aid. I do have 2 car soaps that leaves SiO2 from one and Sonax Wash and Seal which leaves the same as Sonax Spray and Seal behind. Both gives around 4-6 weeks of great performance from them.

If I would use a car soap for maintance washes. I would use one from the same kind of the LSP I have on the car. Or a longer lasting quality protection and glossenhancers like those I have now or something like the Wolfgang über SiO2 Wash.

Just my opinions about it and what works for me in my environment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Then it's a huge difference between the prewash foams that is in the top of cleaning ability from it. Then you have the even more effective TFR foams. Where you have a higher ph level that is more impacting on the LSPs. The difference shows most on the more dirty paints. But in the longrun it could be worth to use a prewash foam. And especially if you have a ceramic coating that you have a high chemical resistance and you benefit from haveing it as clean as possible cause of the longevity from them.
    Cost and extra effort aside, sound like a ~ 5 minutes pre-soak is the preferred method before physical contact.
    If time permits:
    1) Pre-soak with foam gun to gently loosen, lifts, encapsulates, and releases contaminants
    2) Rinse off
    3) Wash

Here's my first attempt with Griot's Garage Surface Wash
    I started with 2 oz + 28 oz of warm water on setting E to yield maximum suds. I was able to do 2 cars. I feel that there's room to be more conservative with 1 oz and less water pressure in control with single brass connector shut off valve

• A: 1-128 for 1 oz./gal.
    • B: 1-64 for 2 oz./gal.
    • C: 1-32 for 4 oz./gal.
    • D: 1-20 for 6 oz./gal.
    E: 1-10 for 12 oz./gal.

Based on the dilution rate, as low as 0.31 oz can yield enough suds with HoneyDew Snow Foam?
    Source: honeydew ratio for gilmore foam gun

A: mix 3.34 oz Honeydew and 28.66 oz water for 32 oz pre-mixed solution
    B: mix 1.76 oz Honeydew and 30.24 oz water for 32 oz pre-mixed solution
    C: mix 0.90 oz Honeydew and 31.10 oz water for 32 oz pre-mixed solution
    D: mix 0.61 oz Honeydew and 31.39 oz water for 32 oz pre-mixed solution
    E: mix 0.31 oz Honeydew and 31.69 oz water for 32 oz pre-mixed solution

9. Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    I like Optimum's car wash
    +1 to this.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to end up buying/trying Optimum carwash, as I've heard so much good about it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

13. Likes DetailKitty, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm going to end up buying/trying Optimum carwash, as I've heard so much good about it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I put the OCW right up there with my Meg's HyperWash, Rog.

(I know Ric will slap me for this opinion.......... Lol)
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

15. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast