autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 66 of 92 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Quote Originally Posted by TNcoupe View Post
    Rumor is a G70 coupe is coming. It would fit in a GT3 class most likely.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That would be a great fit. They could run it in IMSA's GTD class too like Lexus does with their RC-F. It's fun watching those cars mix it up with Lambo's, 911's, AMG GT's, and NSX's. If they are smart about it (hey, we're dreaming!), they would go about it like Aston Martin did and design the car such that it can be used in both GT3 and GTD/GTE-AM with simple bolt-on changes. Those cars are sold to teams globally. I think a couple teams have even moved between classes with the same car!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    That would be a great fit. They could run it in IMSA's GTD class too like Lexus does with their RC-F. It's fun watching those cars mix it up with Lambo's, 911's, AMG GT's, and NSX's. If they are smart about it (hey, we're dreaming!), they would go about it like Aston Martin did and design the car such that it can be used in both GT3 and GTD/GTE-AM with simple bolt-on changes. Those cars are sold to teams globally. I think a couple teams have even moved between classes with the same car!
    Its just a rumor right now but lets hope it happens. Maybe I'll get to see it at Rolex 24 in a couple years.

Post Thanks / Like

never say never, you just never know...

i like when an underdog proves people wrong...

4. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I've never been too excited about the initial quality surveys. They just measure the number of defects owners found in the first 90 days of ownership. Granted there shouldn't be any issues when it rolls out of the factory, but I am much more interested in the long term reliability. Not that I doubt Hyndai and Kia won't do well over the long haul.

I find it funny Ford is listed so high. This summer, while car shopping I was looking at Mustang GT's. At my local dealership I looked at two or three GT's and a Bullit and EVERY car had external body pannels which were not put on straight/correctly. The Bullit was really bad. I remember not a single pannel being straight and a couple were so bad they were causing the adjacent piece to be mishapen. The reports of all the issues of the new Explorers coming out of the Chicago plant having to be shipped to Michigan for repairs prior to being sold isn't encouraging either.

Post Thanks / Like

Savagegeese said as much about the Mustang's quality issues, then there's your observations and the reports are in about the Exploders issues, absolutely pathetic that people given so much as far as pay and insurance can't do a better job but it's been par for the course for decadesCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

My 2015 Mustang GT panel alignment was spot on. The paint bubbling at the leading edge of the hood wasnt optimal but its gone now so no more Ford worries from me.

9. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How is the internal material quality in your new Veloster? I've driven quite a few different Hyundai and Kia cars models as rentals, and while they were put together well some of the materials like the cloth on the seats and some of the plastics made me wonder whether they would hold up over a long haul of daily use.

I'll also add the infotainment in the KIA's was by far my favorite of any car I've ever driven. Great layout and the way it incorporated Android Auto was fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Its fine to me. The dash and door panels are hard plastic but thats all in the thought of saving weight. Very little sound deadening and the carpet is thin but interior comforts are not my thing. I need a good seat to hold me in, steering wheel with nice thumb bolsters, pedals close enough to heel toe, and the shifter to be in a nice natural shift position. I dont need fancy stereos, heated or cooled seats, and I damn sure dont need my car to talk to me.

12. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 66 of 92 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast