autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures - September 2019 3-Day Car Detailing Bootcamp Class

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell L View Post

Since I returned from the class a lot of people have asked me about XZY buffer, pads, polish, etc and what should they get or how to use it. After trying so many tools I have to reply it’s a personal preference. Great opportunity of the class is hands on with many polishers. I went in thinking I would buy one brand of products but came out liking the cordless FLEX tools. Using the cordless finisher in the class with Sonax EX 04-06 I was able to achieve the following result along with everyone else in the class doing the same.

Just goes to show, use the a good tool, the right technique and amazing abrasive technology and you cannot help but get amazing results!

Before the class I used the Porter Cable with semi success, having Mike and Andre nearby I was quickly able to improve my performance with Griots Garge G6 on half the roof of the Lamborghini. I'm sure Mike will post the pictures of the damage that was on the roof before we started.
    Yep - I have them....

Lamborghini Detailing Class - HOLOGRAMS FROM HELL! - PLUS MORE CARS!

Within 5 minutes I learned from Mike what I wasn’t doing with the Porter Cable to get results, struggled with the issue for years and fixed my technique within 5 minutes.

Nice work.

Learning from Mike how to turn the free spin DA on edge and shrink the pad to the size from 7" to ~1” and polish A pillars, B pillars, and other small panels was a time saver. No need to pick up a different tool. Get it done.

Learning in one day to work a long throw polisher, priceless.

Thank you so much for sharing the above. I'm a pretty good typist but it's hard if not impossible to list, or share or type-out all the different things I teach in my classes but it's a LOT!

And yeah, while it's nice to have 5-6 different tools with different pads sizes to tackle any panel I know how to make a large pad a small pad and I show others how to do the same.

After reflecting on the class you really learn to be more efficient through all steps. I don’t remember reading that is a key benefit of the class. I can pick up any maker of DA or forced rotation DA (3401/Mille) and achieve great results. I’m a finesse polisher and prefer a free spin DA but would rather have a Flex Supa Beast to just get it done. Other people felt the opposite and liked a different brand.

That’s the best part of the class:

Learn to be efficient with controlled process and the tool set that works for you.

That’s what you can learn by attending in addition to types of wax, sealant, ceramic, pad management, glass polishing, quick headlight correction in 20 minutes, micro fiber management, etc.

A lot of people ask how Mikes get a vehicle done so quickly, just go and learn how. Now I have the complete skill set to start my own side business for SIVs.

Thank you to Mike and Andre.

Mike and Andre, I don’t know how you keep up the pace for 3 days helping everyone. And to everyone who attended, thank you for making it a great class as well!

Very nice and accurate recap of what it's like to attend one of our 3 day classes. Thank you.

There's other classes in the market place and I don't know what takes place in all of them, I do know what takes place in some of them. I have a Power Point Presentation that has 256 Slides - I never use it. If you're reading this right now and you learn best by sitting in a chair, listening to someone talk and looking at a screen on the wall, then I strongly recommend taking that class. If all you can afford is a free class, then take that class.

But if you learn best by doing, not sitting in a chair and your budget allows, then get signed up for ANY of the classes I teach. I guarantee it will be the MOST hands-on class on Planet Earth.

Thanks for the nice feedback Darrell, I really appreciate it.

Mike Phillips

For anyone reading this into the future, here's the schedule so far for 2020

Boat and Car Detailing Class Dates for 2020 here at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

Below are the dates for our normal boat and car detailing classes here at Autogeek.

February – 2-day Boat Detailing Class

Saturday, February 8th
    Sunday, February 9th

February - 3-Day Car Detailing Bootcamp Class at Autogeek

Friday, February 21st
    Saturday, February 22nd
    Sunday, February 23rd

May - 3-Day Car Detailing Bootcamp Class here at Autogeek

Friday, May 1st
    Saturday, May 2nd
    Sunday, May 3rd

September - 3-Day Car Detailing Bootcamp Class at Autogeek

Friday, September 25th
    Saturday the 26th
    Sunday the 27th

NOTE: We normally hold the first 3-day car detailing Bootcamp class the last weekend of January but because we'll be at Mobile Tech Expo we've moved it to February after the boat detailing class.

Questions? Need help getting signed-up?

Call Andre at,

1-800-869-3011 x1244

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

GREAT CLASS!!!!!!!!

All the knowledge that Mike has is boundless. He puts on a great "Hands on" class.

We handled more products and tools than any other class I have taken to date. Between Andre and Mike, I got enough knowledge on all the tools and products to explain to customers what we are doing to protect their cars from any damage again.

All the steps I learned at this class has knocked at least 2 hours off every detail I have done after the class.

I never used a rotary before and was nervous to purchase one, but after the class I am fully prepared to buy the flex battery operated one.

I now look at detailing in a different light due to Mike's love for it. I am sending one of the guys who help me down to see Mike and Andre in February to gain the knowledge. I have knocked out 11 cars in three days.

Thanks Mike and Andre for a great experience and detailing 11 cars in three days will learn you something more than what you know.

Summer Breeze Detail and Truck Spa

4. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I took the September course and found it to be extremely valuable.

I learned what should be basic things (how to wash a car properly) all the way to how to properly do paint correction. Andre and Mike are very knowledgeable and they walk through all of the proper techniques and tools. It was also extremely helpful to be able to utilize all of the tools in the class so you know what works and what you like.

The class is beneficial for anyone that want to work on their own cars correctly and efficiently up to people who want to start their own detail business.

I have already put my skills to work correcting some paint work that I previously thought was way beyond my skill set.

6. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by larkinsb View Post
    I took the September course and found it to be extremely valuable.

I learned what should be basic things (how to wash a car properly) all the way to how to properly do paint correction. Andre and Mike are very knowledgeable and they walk through all of the proper techniques and tools. It was also extremely helpful to be able to utilize all of the tools in the class so you know what works and what you like.

The class is beneficial for anyone that want to work on their own cars correctly and efficiently up to people who want to start their own detail business.

I have already put my skills to work correcting some paint work that I previously thought was way beyond my skill set.

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your review of the class and joining the forum.

This forum is the most powerful tool in your arsenal of detailing tools. As you found out by taking the class, I post a lot of articles here on the forum. I can't post them on Facebook, it's useless for formatting. AND - detailing cars starts with the BRAIN not the BUFFER - so here on the forum is where you get knowledge to make you a better and faster detailer.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 564857 View Post

GREAT CLASS!!!!!!!!

All the knowledge that Mike has is boundless. He puts on a great "Hands on" class.

We handled more products and tools than any other class I have taken to date.
    Yeah buddy!

I hear about all the other classes from the people that take my class. My guess is the THOUSANDS of pictures I share each year DOCUMENT that at one of my classes, you actually work on cars and handle tools, pads and products.

Thus the reason I can say without hesitation,

The most hands-on classes on Planet Earth!

All the steps I learned at this class has knocked at least 2 hours off every detail I have done after the class.
    Easily.

Plus anyone that puts my SECRET TECHNIQUE into practice will come to find out - I'm right.

I never used a rotary before and was nervous to purchase one, but after the class I am fully prepared to buy the flex battery operated one.
    The FLEX Cordless PE14 is the ONLY way to machine scrub tires. And for removing sanding marks after wetsanding - hey.... what can I say... NO CORD to mess with .

I now look at detailing in a different light due to Mike's love for it.
    Detailing has been very good to me.

Plus - I know where all the bodies are buried and most if not all the HISTORY for this industry. As we go through the class I can and DO tell stories AND then make them RELAVENT to the topic or technique I'm teaching. It's a powerful way to learn and it makes the class more fun. You can't get that with anyone else.

I am sending one of the guys who help me down to see Mike and Andre in February to gain the knowledge.
    Have them get a good night's sleep Thursday night - I know they'll sleep good the rest of the weekend as they will be TIRED!

I have knocked out 11 cars in three days.
    That's SUPER!

Thanks Mike and Andre for a great experience and detailing 11 cars in three days will learn you something more than what you know.

Summer Breeze Detail and Truck Spa

Thanks Brian!

9. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can’t wait to see all the photos of all the cars we did posted on here from Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12