autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I知 out

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I知 out

-cleanshot-2019-10-08-10-20-59-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I am sorry to hear this Dave.
    While there are few "attitudes" here on AGO, it is also a FAR cry from other forums.
    That said, let us all take Dave's decision and remember these things:

*Not everyone will have the same experience as you with your "favorite go-to" product. Yes, it is ok to recommend it, but leave it at that.

*Not everyone can afford to buy a FLEX polisher, or a $200 wax. Let's offer them help with other methods/products.

*Not everyone wants to use a coating. Are they the hottest new thing? Ok. But that doesn't make everything that came before them instant garbage can fillers.

*Lastly, and as mentioned above, if you read a thread and feel like saying something negative, take a breath and wait a minute. Rethink your words, or simply do not post.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

3. Thanks Misterpaul, KBsToy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Yeah, I am sorry to hear this Dave.
    While there are few "attitudes" here on AGO, it is also a FAR cry from other forums.
    That said, let us all take Dave's decision and remember these things:

*Not everyone will have the same experience as you with your "favorite go-to" product. Yes, it is ok to recommend it, but leave it at that.

*Not everyone can afford to buy a polisher, or a $200 wax. Let's offer them help with other methods/products.

*Not everyone wants to use a coating. Are they the hottest new thing? Ok. But that doesn't make everything that came before them instant garbage can fillers.

*Lastly, and as mentioned above, if you read a thread and feel like saying something negative, take a breath and wait a minute. Rethink your words, or simply do not post.
    Well said Paul.
    I'd like to add in that direction, but going much further.... And this occurred to me, an enlightenment, maybe in a dream I had 30 or so years ago. And I cannot remind myself of such enough every living day.

The fatal mistake of thinking all humans think alike, that they think like yourself, or sometimes even remotely similar. Nope!

Be with or meet people you've never met, a party, a wedding, etc, try to engage in a conversation, you're trying to be amicable, polte, making a couple simple jokes, laughing at something said, or seen, trying to keep things light. You're seen in a totally different light, insulting, condescending, shallow, rude, not at all funny, low class, you surely did not leave a good impression.

I've been through such, I'm sure many of us have. You have to walk away saying "F um", who cares, don't sweat it, or lose sleep over it, that in a way you did a wise thing, not a bad thing. Your sub-conscious did the dirty work, you only just rewound the tapes later to see what all went down, and in the end, you actually have no regrets of the outcomes.

In fact, you earned yourself a good pat on the back.
    Hope this makes some sense. Like the old song goes...

"You can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself".

(BTW, this all came to me while I was drinking a cup of hot Ovaltine! Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine!!!! LOL)

5. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Well said Paul.
    I'd like to add in that direction, but going much further.... And this occurred to me, an enlightenment, maybe in a dream I had 30 or so years ago. And I cannot remind myself of such enough every living day.

The fatal mistake of thinking all humans think alike, that they think like yourself, or sometimes even remotely similar. Nope!

Be with or meet people you've never met, a party, a wedding, etc, try to engage in a conversation, you're trying to be amicable, polte, making a couple simple jokes, laughing at something said, or seen, trying to keep things light. You're seen in a totally different light, insulting, condescending, shallow, rude, not at all funny, low class, you surely did not leave a good impression.

I've been through such, I'm sure many of us have. You have to walk away saying "F um", who cares, don't sweat it, or lose sleep over it, that in a way you did a wise thing, not a bad thing. Your sub-conscious did the dirty work, you only just rewound the tapes later to see what all went down, and in the end, you actually have no regrets of the outcomes.

In fact, you earned yourself a good pat on the back.
    Hope this makes some sense. Like the old song goes...

"You can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself".
    Yes sir, Mark. Perfect sense.

Some human beings just cannot be amicable toward others no matter the situation. The "F um" types as you say.

The internet is a wonderful tool that can bring us WAY more information (instantly) than in the past. And also bring more of us like-minded people together for a greater good. (Usually).

Unfortunately, those "F um's" are also on the internet. And, if they are unswayed by a persons best attempts to make them even slightly receptive to normal human behavior in person, imagine their utter disdain for simply reading another persons words on a screen.

Oh well. Like I always say..... There are always greater and lesser people than myself. Gravitate toward the greater, and avoid the lesser.

JMO
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Likes Mdjas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear OP.

I guess I'm more of a taker than a giver on Autogeek. I don't post all that much, I read mostly. I find it educational.
    Easier said than done but I try not to let negative posts bother me. Life is short. Live and let live.

May be just take a break. Don't like the forum, don't read them. You can still be an Autogeek customers and enjoy the products available here, IMO.

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"attitudes"

Post Thanks / Like

Is there an ignore function on this forum? I already have a few people on ignore on the Veloster N forums. I too am turned off by the internet expert and people criticizing other people for opinions. One guy I have blocked knew everything about everything about the Veloster N and the car had been out a hot 8 minutes. Don't leave....just ignore.

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know there is an ignore feature on Tapatalk.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.