autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: KILLER CAR WASH - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

* I’m amazed how much gloss and shine this can add especially to paint that hasn’t been recently protected.

* really makes drying easier
    That's what I thought when I used BF's Wash & Wax.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    It’s my new favorite wash......... so much so as I already ordered a gallon.
    That speaks volumes. When I'm done with the BF wash, I'll order this one. (Mike's posts had me at the "almost there" point; yours just pushed me over)

Post Thanks / Like

Just tried this for the 1st time on my black Chevy Silverado. Little to no suds, great scent and the lubricity of this product far exceeds anything I have used thus far. The beading action is phenomenal - so much in fact that I had an issue. Couldn't keep my truck wet enough during the whole wash process and ended up with micro water spotting over the entire vehicle - worse on the vertical top part of the front fender, door and bed.

Anyone else have this happen?

Maybe it was a chemical reaction?

Truck was originally polished, 1 coat WGDGPS and topped with 2 coats of Fuzion. After a couple months, I hit it with Beadmaker(which I was not impressed with at all). That was the last thing on before washing with WGSI02.

3. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by pittpens24 View Post

Just tried this for the 1st time on my black Chevy Silverado.

Little to no suds
    Correct. I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in my multiple write-ups, I don't want anyone to think it's going to create mountains of suds when it's not. My theory is, the component that creates the hydrophobic characteristics also reduces suds. Just a theory.

great scent and the lubricity of this product far exceeds anything I have used thus far.
    My observation too, (about the slickness).

The beading action is phenomenal - so much in fact that I had an issue. Couldn't keep my truck wet enough during the whole wash process and ended up with micro water spotting over the entire vehicle - worse on the vertical top part of the front fender, door and bed.

Anyone else have this happen?
    Never seen this before but then each time I use it or show it I a class, (I show it in all my classes), I/we dry the car immediately using simple Guzzler Waffle Weave Drying towels.

From your description it does sound like the self-cleaning effect only after washing and rinsing this would be a self-rinsing and self-drying effect.

Maybe it was a chemical reaction?
    Hard to say, I'm not a chemist.

Truck was originally polished, 1 coat WGDGPS and topped with 2 coats of Fusion.

After a couple months, I hit it with Beadmaker(which I was not impressed with at all).

That was the last thing on before washing with WGSI02.
    Watch and check the next time.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

5. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Newbie here.

I've been watching this thread with interest. Question: It seems most (all?) of you are either using this wash on a non-coated finish, or one that has been ceramic coated. What about using it on a car that has either carnauba or a synthetic wax like FK1000?

Thanks,
    Hans.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 4regt4 View Post
    Newbie here.

I've been watching this thread with interest. Question: It seems most (all?) of you are either using this wash on a non-coated finish, or one that has been ceramic coated. What about using it on a car that has either carnauba or a synthetic wax like FK1000?

Thanks,
    Hans.

And that's a bit of confusion.

What I was doing was showing what the product does by showing it on NEGLECTED paint.

Of course it's for maintained paint.

Think about it like this,

If it works good on neglected paint think how well it will work on good paint.

8. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this will work fine on a wax or sealant. It will no doubt bead the same amazing way you see in pics. Longevity might be the only thing compromised versus applying on a clean, bare surface or on top of a coating. The wax or sealant could certainly impact the bonding of the soap protection, but probably not by a huge margin.

Mike Phillips

When I wash our ceramic coated HR-V the water beading looks like the first rain after a fresh coating.

I'd say the best use for this car wash IS as a maintenance wash for coated cars.

I have not tested it on cars with wax or sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Question....wouldn't the SiO2 act as the lsp on a waxed or coated car which would then reflect the glossiness of the SiO2 and not the wax or coating? Or does the SiO2 soap adds, enhances, or has a neutral effect to the wax or coating?

I ask because I've been looking for a new soap since I'm running low on my BF Car Wash and I want to keep the "integrity" of the Pinnacle Souveran wax.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Question....wouldn't the SiO2 act as the lsp on a waxed or coated car which would then reflect the glossiness of the SiO2 and not the wax or coating? Or does the SiO2 soap adds, enhances, or has a neutral effect to the wax or coating?

I ask because I've been looking for a new soap since I'm running low on my BF Car Wash and I want to keep the "integrity" of the Pinnacle Souveran wax.
    Nothing I’m saying here is scientific or can be proven for sure, but based on my experience of trying many products, your paint will look a little glassy like a coating after using this wash. That’s not to say that the combo of Souveran Paste + WG Coating Wash won’t look great (in fact the Pinnacle SiO2 Spray Sealant looks awesome on Souveran, but not exactly like Souveran alone), but I think it would impact the “integrity” of the beauty wax, which sounds like your concern.

Post Thanks / Like

At first I was concerned or better said more curious as to what it would look like compared to Souveran (i used the liquid Souveran, not the paste) but now that you mention that SiO2's, generally speaking doesn't play well with some waxes, now that would be a concern.

There are so many wash products out there and I want to make sure I try to get one that "plays well" with what I have...but on the flip side, re-waxing the car isn't a big deal at all since i apply it with a DA and I can wax the car in under an hour. Now if I had to repolish...thats a game changer!

I guess it's part of the trial and error process being a newb but it's pretty fun trying new stuff....oh the rabbit hole is getting deeeeeper everyday!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast