autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots New G9 Polisher

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Very common. I have seen numerous power tools with bad brushes right out of the box.

Also, it is great maintenance to change your brushes every season (heavy usage) or at least every 3rd season (light use).

For as little as they cost, and how simple they are to swap out, why wait until they fail?

I've had to replace the brushes on my armada of Dremel tools quite a few times each. Not that I abuse them ...

When it comes to my real power tools, I've seldom had to replace brushes, maybe because I treat them better and also because I tend to stick with Makita and Milwaukee. But like everything else, I have noticed their products are starting to not be what they used to be. You can usually tell alot about the quality of a product by the amount of warranty period provided by the manufacturer. Warranties are getting shorter and stingier. Sometimes you might as well go with a Rigid tool from HD ... lifetime warranty and you can take it to a store for service. But the idea of power tools as a disposable product just seems wrong ...

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this looks like a winner for people getting into Machine polishing.

And there could not be a better company to deal with, IMO.

All of that said....... I will NOT trade my GG6 in for the 9.

Just like I would NOT trade my '70 R/T Challenger in for a new Hellcat. Could the Hellcat whip the '70? Yup. But if the old '70 works, and works well, she isn't going anywhere!

Would I possibly ADD the GG9? Sure.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Thanks Rmd thanked for this post
    Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I guess if it’s $100 out the door it’s not bad. Because it seems to include shipping both ways and tax on that so it’s probably close enough to just avoid the hassle trying to sell your old one. Sort of screws Autogeek on that deal but hopefully the pads and etc will be purchased here
    I agree on all points. When space became an issue for us in our new lifestyle, I had to part with much of my detail equipment and supplies including my GG6 I listed it for sale in different venues and it took a lot longer to sell than I expected and took somewhat of a beating on it, so I am thankful for GG buyback program. I also agree and will purchase pads, accessories & products from AG.
    Sincerely, Bruce
    2015 Ram Big Horn CC 3500 Cummins DRW w/AISIN tranny

6. Likes PaulMys, Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I applaud GG for coming out with this polisher as they put a lot of thought/features into it just like they did with the BOSS G15/21. I look forward to adding one to the arsenal! but, on the other hand... i would never trade my GG6. it's so versatile and the short body makes it convenient/handy in certain (or perhaps many) situations. it can always be delegated to a smaller pad set-up as well. i've said many times before in that every detailer/enthusiast should own at least one traditional PC style DA...

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j.williams@perpetualradiance View Post
    not knocking Griots or this machine. But if you don't need the name, you can get the 15mm from the Chinese company that makes the Boss G15 for the same price as this. This is a nice looking unit and great for people who want the name and the warranty that Griots provides.
    I'd love to know which one, I've used a few and while many have the same body style they don't have the same specs or Internals

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    I applaud GG for coming out with this polisher as they put a lot of thought/features into it just like they did with the BOSS G15/21. I look forward to adding one to the arsenal! but, on the other hand... i would never trade my GG6. it's so versatile and the short body makes it convenient/handy in certain (or perhaps many) situations. it can always be delegated to a smaller pad set-up as well. i've said many times before in that every detailer/enthusiast should own at least one traditional PC style DA...
    True, but lucky for me I have a few so swapping out 1 or likely 2 won't be an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    I'd love to know which one, I've used a few and while many have the same body style they don't have the same specs or Internals

This exactly right. There are many differences between them.

While that stigma of "Made in China" is associated with "cheap crap" is not unfounded because they are paid to be the world leader in this, the Chinese are not incapable of producing world-class products to rival anyone.

This is a nuclear-capable country that produces the iPhone.

This "Chinese made" argument needs to die, or move to Stanley tools from Walmart when it comes to arguing about the Griot's machines.

Griot's pays to have their machine's manufactured in the right way by smart people.

Walmart pays pennies for tools for the uninformed masses that can only afford $19.99 for a 100 piece socket set.

China will oblige either request.....

13. Likes oneheadlite, Cruzscarwash, KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Per Griots it will not fit the G9. The only one that will fit is the ventilated 5” backing plate.
    I purchased the 5" Vented Griot's Backing Plate, P/N 10550 from AutoGeek, I am hoping that that will fit. I have a lot of 5.5 Lake Country Pads. It is dizzying that every mfg recommends their own pads, and now Mike recommends
    thin foam pads. I wish Autogeek would post a warning on older thicker pads, like "these are replaced by this new thin model blah blah". I don't always catch up with what is new and current.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charlestek View Post
    I purchased the 5" Vented Griot's Backing Plate, P/N 10550 from AutoGeek, I am hoping that that will fit. I have a lot of 5.5 Lake Country Pads. It is dizzying that every mfg recommends their own pads, and now Mike recommends
    thin foam pads. I wish Autogeek would post a warning on older thicker pads, like "these are replaced by this new thin model blah blah". I don't always catch up with what is new and current.
    Well, this isn't really feasible.

Because quite frankly I have had some great results from 7/8" pads on the PC and GG6 doing light correction.

It wouldn't be fair to dis a whole product line.

Maybe in the future all pad technology will gravitate toward thinner pads. (I actually predict it).

But, for the here & now.......It is kind of up to you to do your own reading/research on here.

I read about products for a solid year on here before I was comfortable ordering.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes1 View Post
    I listed it for sale in different venues and it took a lot longer to sell than I expected and took somewhat of a beating on it,
    This is the major thing I hate about selling just about everything on any type of social media or app. People don’t want to pay for anything and have no negotiation skills, let alone social skills.

Examples, you list for $100 barely used, they don’t say hi or ask any questions just say, “I’ll give $20” or list something at a low value already and they ask, “what’s the least you’ll take?”

It’s so frustrating to deal with and like you said, doesn’t sell right away and after you get knocked around sometimes you’ll just lowball yourself to get it all over with.
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

17. Likes oneheadlite, Hermes1, KBsToy liked this post
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast