autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WGDGPS how many coats can be layered?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    If I remember correctly that was a product where they advised to layer, the more coats the better. I never felt I got the desired, and claimed results, and believed it was just hype. Only ever bought it once, then it sat on a shelf for probably another 15 years. The can looked cool though. LOL
    The can will sit on my shelf for eternity... but that’s OK as it specifically states it will not go bad if the top is on tight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pittpens24 View Post
    Just wanted to say that what you both said has been weighing on me pretty hard as to not mess with it and especially with you Bob pointing out that Fuzion is infact a sealer wax(I was not aware of that so ty for pointing that out).

I called Wolfgang just to see what they thought on the matter WGDGPS topped with Fuzion - they also recommended AGAINST it.

I will be hitting it with Crystal Mist to kill the static and call it done - not even interested in a test sample of the Fuzion to be honest - atleast on my car. I have a test paint panel from when we were picking out lace patterns - I will recreate the test on that.

Thanks for saving me headache not to mention a boatload of un-necessary work
    Hello,

I called Wolfgang today about another product and asked them if there was anything that would work with the deep gloss sealant and they said to use fusion spray wax. Is this similar to the paste wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterman View Post
    Hello,

I called Wolfgang today about another product and asked them if there was anything that would work with the deep gloss sealant and they said to use fusion spray wax. Is this similar to the paste wax?
    It’s similar, same polymers and carnauba probably but different amounts I’m sure. It’s a very durable, attractive spray wax. It does have carnauba in it. If you wanted a spray wax with just the same polymers (no carnauba) as DGPS, there’s WG Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant which was originally meant as a spray version of DGPS... it’s nice, cheaper but doesn’t have near the same durability as Fuzion spray, but it will restore the DGPS shine for a few weeks when applied, assuming this is the look you are liking.

Post Thanks / Like

Dude! Crystal Mist is a godsend! Thought it gleamed from the wgdgps, but the added shine and depth of the CM is that next level. Thank you so much for the recommendation. I only did the roof and hood and had to stop there to say thank you. It is super slick amd killed the static issue i was having as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

5. Likes acuRAS82, PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

WGDGPS how many coats can be layered?-dscn0779-jpg

Very happy that you like this product and that it met your expectations. I said it myself when I used this combo that it was a killer 1-2 punch as far as just stand and stare in awe looks!

I wonder how it would look alone, like on my buddy Butch's 1968 SS396 Chevelle? I don't think he's ever used any sealants on it, just cheapo detailer sprays since it was last painted. Was why I bought him a bottle, I know he's never used it cause he would've told me after he seen the results.

As I mentioned earlier about this show winning car, it is no longer driven, is trailered to shows in an enclosed trailer, sits covered in a climate controlled garage 365 days a year, right alongside his show winning 1965 El Camino.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a beautiful car...amazing!! I just received my bottle of Crystal Mist yesterday from AGO, I look forward to using it this weekend.

8. Thanks James Patrick thanked for this post
    Likes pittpens24 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    WGDGPS how many coats can be layered?-dscn0779-jpg

Very happy that you like this product and that it met your expectations. I said it myself when I used this combo that it was a killer 1-2 punch as far as just stand and stare in awe looks!

I wonder how it would look alone, like on my buddy Butch's 1968 SS396 Chevelle? I don't think he's ever used any sealants on it, just cheapo detailer sprays since it was last painted. Was why I bought him a bottle, I know he's never used it cause he would've told me after he seen the results.

As I mentioned earlier about this show winning car, it is no longer driven, is trailered to shows in an enclosed trailer, sits covered in a climate controlled garage 365 days a year, right alongside his show winning 1965 El Camino.
    Yeah here are a couple more pics afterwards. Leaving at 5:30 am tomorrow and I drive mine, can't afford a car trailer yet. Wish me luck that it is not foggy- deleted the wipers lol

10. Likes PaulMys, SWETM, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude! You're car is looking incredible!

You are killing it.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a '68, correct? I had a '68, an SS396, all bone stock, Lemans Blue, Hockey Stick White Stripe, Houndstooth Black Interior, Floor Console with Gauges, Tic Tock Tach. 4sp, Factory Spoliers front and rear. Only thing that wasn't correct, was 15" Ralleye Wheels instead of 14's.

My deceased friend's wife in Wisconsin still owns that car. I sold it to him. Right now, it sadly sits without Motor. Looks the same though.

For a short while, my friend dropped a fresh out of the crate 454 in it, while he was re-working the 396. I in fact helped him throw in that 454 big block, and a freshly rebuilt Tranny all in one go. He then popped out the 454 some months later, and the 396 is still sitting on an Engine Stand, mostly done, but then he died. :-(

He had the 2 SS Camaros, the other when he died, a '69 SS350, many El Caminos which the wife sold, and a mint bone stock '55 Chevy Bel Air, which is currently residing in a Car Trailer like a piece of junk, again, pretty sad. He alone owned more Vettes that all the cars I ever owned put together. You name the year, he had it. Same with Chevelles.

That Black Chevelle I pictured, was at one time his, sold it to his brother Butch. Tom my High School buddy was 61 when he passed 3-1/2 years ago. I was 60 at the time.

Tom was also the one who sold me his White 1967 Stingray in 1977. I sold it back to him 8-1/2 years later. He swore he'd never sell it again, but he did about a year later. I should've never sold that car!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pittpens24 View Post
    Yeah here are a couple more pics afterwards. Leaving at 5:30 am tomorrow and I drive mine, can't afford a car trailer yet. Wish me luck that it is not foggy- deleted the wipers lol

Looking amazing!

Have you thought about do a window coating or a great window sealant on the windshield. I useally drives my friend american classic cars he has always one. We go to what we call Cruising and is like a car meet during the day but not always and during the evening we drives together with a lot of others around in the different cities where it takes place. Before we drives off from home I put a hydrophobic LSP on the windshield and have it with me and a glass cleaner and mf towels. It helps a lot if it's starts to rain as it's not so good wiper arms on them. And it also helps to hold down the bug squash and easier to clean.

If you drive in lower speed mostly the Gtechnic G5 Water Repellent Coating is a nice one. Not the longest durability from it but a very high water repellency.

Good luck at the car show!

/ Tony

14. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast