autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best topper for CQuartz3.0?

So, I helped my friend detail his recently purchased 2016 BMW X5. The paint (white) is in great shape and he did the wash, Iron X. TarX thing the day before, so we washed, clayed and one step polished (GG Perfecting Cream), washed again, Eraser and CarPro CQuartz3.0 coating. He will apply a second coating today or tomorrow. What would be the best CARPRO (want to keep it in the same family) topper to maintain/protect the coating? Not looking for the 30ml toppers that are applied in a similar manner as the coating, rather the ones that can be applied easily - wipe on/wipe off and offers a few months of solid protection and can be used as a "quick detailer." Reload? Hydro02 Lite?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best topper for CQuartz3.0?

CarPro Reload and also get the CarPro Ech2O Waterless Wash & Detail Spray. You can use the Reload as a topper or you can mix it with the Ech2O for maintenance.

Reload Spray Sealant, spray paint sealant, spray wax, CQuartz Reload

CarPro ECH2O Waterless Wash & Quick Detail Spray

Post Thanks / Like

Elixir as a drying agent every wash. I think that's enough to not need any other topper if the person is washing regularly.
    Bruno Soares

4. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For a topper he could also do Gliss

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing as he doesn’t want to apply a topper like the coating then that rules out Gliss. Although the application of Gliss is pretty quick.

I would go this route if he has it.
    Mid not stick with Elixir and Ech2o. Both make a good drying aid. Use Elixir monthly and Ech2o at 1:20 the rest of the time and it will be all you need.

Reload is ok but what I don’t like about it, is that after a wash or two it goes flat and masks the performance of the coating until it is completely gone from the coated surface.

7. Likes Bruno Soares, BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2wookies View Post
    For a topper he could also do Gliss
    Unfortunately he said no topper that has to be applied like a coating. But if that is/was an option, definitely Gliss is the way to go. It completely changes the way UK feels and behaves. Totally worth it in my opinion. At this point I don't think I'd consider using UK w/o Gliss because it makes it that much better. Quite easier to apply than UK as well so if the application is what's making him say no to Gliss, just know that it's very easy to apply.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Reload is the no brainer answer.

But, I don't see any harm in any form of using other similar type products from the likes of GTechniq (C2V3) or others like Blackfire Coating Booster, or SIO2 Spray. (In fact I have used them all that I mention on a C'Quartzed vehicle)

I say better to use something, than nothing. It will help prolong the life of the coating I feel.

I strongly doubt that any spray detailers made will hurt a coating, might change some of the coating's properties is all, but doubtful any harm would come in the form of removing that Coating.

Forgive me if there's a few other Coating Toppers from other companies (Polish Angel, etc) that I may have overlooked and missed.

I think the key and rule of thumb is, to use a product that will possess similar properties as the Coating has.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be keeping Gliss in mind next time I coat. I would assume Gliss could be also used at some future point if one wished, let's for say the 4-6 month mark after C-Quartz. Or no? Might depend on some other factors (doody accumulation upon the paint, saps, etc) LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    I'll be keeping Gliss in mind next time I coat. I would assume Gliss could be also used at some future point if one wished, let's for say the 4-6 month mark after C-Quartz. Or no? Might depend on some other factors (doody accumulation upon the paint, saps, etc) LOL
    It's possible but you'll want to make sure there's nothing else on top of CQuartz that would prevent bonding. This is from CarPro US website:

Q. My coating is a few months old and I want to apply Gliss but Reload has already been applied over the coating, can I still use Gliss?

A. No, as Reload will not allow the coating to bond to the paint but if you still want to apply Gliss than the process would be as follows:

Wash with CarPro Reset
    Decontaminate with Iron X if necessary
    Use CarPro Tar X (this will pull the oils out of Reload that will prevent Gliss from bonding. Use in shade, do not allow to dwell, and be careful around sensitive plastics)
    a. Spray and wipe in Tar X into panel with microfiber and immediately neutralize the Tar X by either rewashing the panel or using a waterless wash such as CarPro Ech2o (Make sure to neutralize Tar X before moving onto next panel)
    Give it one more good wash with CarPro Reset
    Wipe down with CarPro Eraser
    Gliss application *If applying over an old coating there is a possibility Gliss may haze up the next day and you can see the application marks. If this happens wiping down the vehicle with CarPro Ech2o or a damp microfiber will remove it.*
    If you choose to apply Reload over Gliss than you must wait a minimum of 12 hrs to allow Gliss to cure.
    Bruno Soares

12. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    It's possible but you'll want to make sure there's nothing else on top of CQuartz that would prevent bonding. This is from CarPro US website:

Q. My coating is a few months old and I want to apply Gliss but Reload has already been applied over the coating, can I still use Gliss?

A. No, as Reload will not allow the coating to bond to the paint but if you still want to apply Gliss than the process would be as follows:

Wash with CarPro Reset
    Decontaminate with Iron X if necessary
    Use CarPro Tar X (this will pull the oils out of Reload that will prevent Gliss from bonding. Use in shade, do not allow to dwell, and be careful around sensitive plastics)
    a. Spray and wipe in Tar X into panel with microfiber and immediately neutralize the Tar X by either rewashing the panel or using a waterless wash such as CarPro Ech2o (Make sure to neutralize Tar X before moving onto next panel)
    Give it one more good wash with CarPro Reset
    Wipe down with CarPro Eraser
    Gliss application *If applying over an old coating there is a possibility Gliss may haze up the next day and you can see the application marks. If this happens wiping down the vehicle with CarPro Ech2o or a damp microfiber will remove it.*
    If you choose to apply Reload over Gliss than you must wait a minimum of 12 hrs to allow Gliss to cure.
    Gotcha. Makes logical sense, thank you!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast