autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Some tires have a raised portion of rubber that goes around the rim for a little added protection for the edge.

Ok, so tonight I'm going to wash the car but another round of cleaning is going to happen with Super Clean aerosol but scrubbed and rinsed down. I will then Read apply the product to the tire and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'd recommend that you really clean the heck out of them. If you think they're perfectly clean do another round or 2 just to make sure.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya Roger, use something like kerosene or mineral spirits on a rag and wipe the tires the. Follow up with a dedicated tire cleaner or OPC like Optimum recommends and clean at least once and don’t put anything on your tires for a while.
    When you’re ready to coat them, perform a couple more rounds of tire cleaning with your brush and tire cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Isn't TS like most tire dressing/coating, the more coats, the glossier it gets?
    To a point it'll work like that but max gloss like some other dressings will probably not be possible with TuffShine.

I think I may have done 4 coats once and it reached diminishing returns at that point.

Except on those Michelin PS's...it got really glossy after only the second coat. Guess I've probably used on 15-20 different kinds of cars so a sorta wide variety of tires but they were the only ones to get 'Armor All' shiny.

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I would recommend tarx to clean as ive read coatings to be APC proof. Your going to have to remove coating and then get tires clean. I really would suggest waiting at least a week once the are clean to let other dressings work them selves out of pores. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For a thread that I was kinda like..meh...this has become a must read every time I get online!

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack, astro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome updates, Klasse
    Jim

11. Likes astro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Awesome updates, Klasse
    Thank you and I "think" you and others here will like this update. So I get down to the Garage tonight and I'm cleaning those tires...and the wheels and washing the car, just have to do the whole 9 yards! Here's what I did, in this order:

1. Foamed the tires with Super Clean aerosol and let it sit while I went upstairs to have dinner and spend time with the wife and daughter.

2. Came downstairs and foamed the tires and wheels down with P&S Brake Buster, let it dwell a bit and then scrubbed with short brissel brush. This produced lots of brown suds, rinsed away.

3. I then sprayed the Super Clean aerosol on the tires again, let dwell and scrubbed the tires with the same brush, more brown suds but not quite as much, rinsed down.

4. Next I sprayed the tires with 303 Tire and Rubber and grabbed the same brush yet again and got...white suds, yea!!

Now I did do another foaming with the Super Clean aerosol but got the same results, white foam so i just went around to the other 3 tires and knocked it out. I then washed the car (no details needed here) and foamed the tires with my carwash choice this evening and rinsed everything down. I then dried the car and took my Side Kick to really dry the tires and wheels good, which it did. Now at this point, what do you think I did next........Optimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

Its 11:05 p.m. and it's time for bed, answer in the morningOptimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

13. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Likes Dr Oldz, Coatingsarecrack, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Thank you and I "think" you and others here will like this update. So I get down to the Garage tonight and I'm cleaning those tires...and the wheels and washing the car, just have to do the whole 9 yards! Here's what I did, in this order:

1. Foamed the tires with Super Clean aerosol and let it sit while I went upstairs to have dinner and spend time with the wife and daughter.

2. Came downstairs and foamed the tires and wheels down with P&S Brake Buster, let it dwell a bit and then scrubbed with short brissel brush. This produced lots of brown suds, rinsed away.

3. I then sprayed the Super Clean aerosol on the tires again, let dwell and scrubbed the tires with the same brush, more brown suds but not quite as much, rinsed down.

4. Next I sprayed the tires with 303 Tire and Rubber and grabbed the same brush yet again and got...white suds, yea!!

Now I did do another foaming with the Super Clean aerosol but got the same results, white foam so i just went around to the other 3 tires and knocked it out. I then washed the car (no details needed here) and foamed the tires with my carwash choice this evening and rinsed everything down. I then dried the car and took my Side Kick to really dry the tires and wheels good, which it did. Now at this point, what do you think I did next........Optimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

Its 11:05 p.m. and it's time for bed, answer in the morningOptimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

Wait a week and then coat? Nah that’s crazy talk....lol

15. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Wait a week and then coat? Nah that’s crazy talk....lol

Well I never said anything about waiting a week, LOL. Once the Sidekick dried all 4 tires and wheels I sprayed Sonax rim shield on the rims and applied 1 coat of OPT tire coating. I'll check it out in about an hour and possibly add a 2nd coat when I get to work, stay "tuned"Optimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

17. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's how it looks after 1 coat applied last night after 3 levels of cleanings and curing down in the Garage and driving to work. I'm going to apply another coat. I dont see anymore brown but I'm just adding another coat.

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast