autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SONAX Polymer Net Shield - Closest thing to a coating without being a coating

Mike, any updates on your Lexus tires that you coated with PNS?

Mike Phillips

Re: SONAX Polymer Net Shield - Closest thing to a coating without being a coating

Just shared this article here,

2007 Toyota White question .. HELP !

Mike Phillips

Shared here,

Longest lasting AIO?

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using this for a bit now on some jobs. I will say it is a bit tricky to wipe off but not super terrible. I will say the effort in removal is certainly justified by the durability. This stuff is pretty stout.

One thing that never really gets mentioned is the look. PNS darkens paintwork slightly and really gives a deep wet look that I really like. I’m willing to bet there is some silicon in the formula to do this and I like it a lot!! Certainly not the plastic look of some other sealants I have used in the past.
    Jim

5. Likes TMQ liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just used the black fire AIO on my wife’s RDX a few weeks ago and wondered if I could just do a regular wash and then apply the Sonax Net Shield? If just washing won’t be enough, could you suggest what I could do before applying the Sonax?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mbresee View Post
    I just used the black fire AIO on my wife’s RDX a few weeks ago and wondered if I could just do a regular wash and then apply the Sonax Net Shield? If just washing won’t be enough, could you suggest what I could do before applying the Sonax?
    If it were me in your position, I would have just used a 1 step polish like Sonax 04/06 0r Griot's Correcting cream, and then applied the PNS. Since we are past that, I would use a panel wipe/eraser type product to make sure the paint is clean. Then apply the PNS. It likes a cleaner paint to bond with.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    If it were me in your position, I would have just used a 1 step polish like Sonax 04/06 0r Griot's Correcting cream, and then applied the PNS. Since we are past that, I would use a panel wipe/eraser type product to make sure the paint is clean. Then apply the PNS. It likes a cleaner paint to bond with.
    Thanks for the reply.

So wash it first then do a wipe down with an IPA of 50/50 mix? In the past, I thought dawn worked but after reading about it today, turns out that did nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mbresee View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

So wash it first then do a wipe down with an IPA of 50/50 mix? In the past, I thought dawn worked but after reading about it today, turns out that did nothing.
    Mike Phillips has a now recent-classic thread of applying PNS on top of Pinnacle Souveran Jeweling Wax with no real prep inbetween. He says he has used this combo with success. Can’t imagine BF One Step would be different if PNS is applied relatively soon.

10. Thanks astro thanked for this post
    Likes astro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Silicon ....add the e ->silicone is probably in it. Silicone gets such a bad rap indetailing world. It’s in carpro reload and that a wonderful product. I have never had a product from sonax that disappointed. They are the meguiars of Europe! I’m in for the $10 can.

now that it’s summer with the heat coating are more difficult to apply. I am gonna have to tinker around with it maybe PNS vs Can Coat on my hood if it has the legs to stay with cancoat performance wise that would be awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like for someone to compare PNS to Soft99 Fusso Coat 12 Month.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast