autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Any temp booty shoes just for driving but also safe? Cleaning mats all the time lol

So despite being clean on my shoes as much as I can and tapping dirt off etc.. I end up getting the mat dirty again after washing which kind of sucks since I'm bit ocd like that. It's all purpose mats so the carpet doesn't absorb as much. ANyways anyone have similar issue or am i too extreme. I wanna get like temp shoes or some thing to put over my shoes that are safe and won't slip while driving and then take off when i get leaving the mat clean. I'm guessing only method is get like new shoes and have shoe case and swich always but if there is some kind of slip on for quicker change that would be good. Off topic cause its bit strange what i'm writing I think.. Or not? hahah

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any temp booty shoes just for driving but also safe? Cleaning mats all the time lol

Get WeatherTech mats.

Don't let OCD drive you into insanity.

A few grains of sand, blade of grass, a little muddy water when it rains...... All these things are inevitable when using (driving) a car.

Unless you are going to seal the car in a plastic bubble, little things like a dirty mat are going to happen.

Lighten up, stop worrying so much, and enjoy the ride my man..... Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any temp booty shoes just for driving but also safe? Cleaning mats all the time lol

Here ya go; try these on for size:

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

4. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Get WeatherTech mats.

And specifically their Floorliner version of mats. They cover the carpet right up to the door sills.

Post Thanks / Like

Weather Tech's.

I can only imagine the looks you would get putting on shoes covers when getting into your vehicle.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What have you used on your previous cars? My take is someone at sometime thought of floor matts to protect carpet, I mean is it really that hard to wipe down a floor matt when needed?

Post Thanks / Like

I also did not like the way my car looked when my black rubber mats got dirty, so I bought custom coco mats and problem solved in a very attractive way. Weathertech mats may work also, but I would nix the idea of those shoe covers.

Post Thanks / Like

Get WeatherTech mats.

Don't let OCD drive you into insanity.

A few grains of sand, blade of grass, a little muddy water when it rains...... All these things are inevitable when using (driving) a car.

Unless you are going to seal the car in a plastic bubble, little things like a dirty mat are going to happen.

Lighten up, stop worrying so much, and enjoy the ride my man..... Lol
    Yeah I will just I paid little too much then I should have for car so going little near insanity until eventually I find some balance lol but for now just be extra cautious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    Yeah I will just I paid little too much then I should have for car so going little near insanity until eventually I find some balance lol but for now just be extra cautious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just an idea, and won't cost you anything....... Find some medium-thickness cardboard and cut it to the shape of your floor mats.

The cardboard will absorb light moisture, and also keep your shoe soles from contacting the mat.

Just a thought so as you don't end up in the nut house.....
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Any temp booty shoes just for driving but also safe? Cleaning mats all the time lol

Just an idea, and won't cost you anything....... Find some medium-thickness cardboard and cut it to the shape of your floor mats.

The cardboard will absorb light moisture, and also keep your shoe soles from contacting the mat.

Just a thought so as you don't end up in the nut house.....

Come'on Paul - cardboard cutouts?

I think these mats would solve the high maintence issues as well as look pretty good. They are now over 2 years old and look as good as new; I pull them out once every week or so to vacuum the carpet beneath them and just swat them against a fence to shake the debris out. That's what I use for 3 seasons and in winter I use my OEM All Weather mats and deal with the dirt by vacuuming and washing on occasion.

Any temp booty shoes just for driving but also safe? Cleaning mats all the time lol-cocoa_mats2_3fe7ba3e44e87bb71f92e42719f3bea975b06965-jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast