autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you convince me?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott in Houston View Post
    maybe a dumb question, but for both BF and HD/3D Speed, is it ok to use them on the same car a couple or few times a year without taking too much clear coat?
    I think it’s ok, but since you hopefully aren’t taking out many defects at this rate, stick with a non-aggressive pad (LC white or green for example) and not too many passes, since you shouldn’t need much more.

2. Thanks Scott in Houston thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    Hummm...

They are about the same.

If you want to "spilt hairs"---speed just a tad glossier, Blackfire cuts tad better. But then...too close to call. Some days on some cars speed is better, other times BF...

I can send you some BF One step in a container for you to mess around before spending any $$$ if you want.

Tom
    Intersting, I tested BF AIO a couple weekends ago and found in my testing it doesn't cut as well as Speed. I used the same machine and pad combo on both. Boss 21 w / 5" bp and orange pad.

Here it is after two weeks after a heavy tropical down pour. Wife's ride. This will get a real world test, no washing, no detail toppers. We'll see how it holds up to the end of July which will be about 8 weeks.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

4. Likes Scott in Houston, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    Hummm...

They are about the same.

If you want to "spilt hairs"---speed just a tad glossier, Blackfire cuts tad better. But then...too close to call. Some days on some cars speed is better, other times BF...

I can send you some BF One step in a container for you to mess around before spending any $$$ if you want.

Tom
    Thank you SO much, Tommy. Your offer does not surprise me, as you are a very genuine dude and the kind of forum member this place is all about.

However, I have decided to re-arm with Speed. It works for me, and I love it.

Thanks again, Tom!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes Paul A., Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big fan of BF One Step. I think it's easier to work with than Speed. As far as correction, It corrects fine for 2-3 passes ( which the way I use an AIO is all I want/do).

Follow it up a few days later with a wash and wipe down of Sonax PNS (or maybe Megs Fast Finish) for months of a nice finish.

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would be interesting to see a side by side test with 3D Speed and BF One Step. With a finishing foam pad on a either wet sanded or a panel with lots of different kind of swirls and scratches. To see which of them that has more cut from them with a combo that you want a lesser correction from.

Some AIO seems to have a great cut from them these days. But when you want to use them for the finish you get from them. You don't want it to cut to much to save as more clearcoat as possible. It can be that they have a very little cut on a finishing pad. That the little difference in the cut is no problem in this situation.

They both seems to be great AIO. I wonder sometimes if you would get the paint to a higher gloss level with a great finishing polish. And seal it in with the LSP of your choice. This is when you compare them with the protection left behind by the AIO is stripped off. The abrasive technology in the AIOs has really excelled so it may not be a difference between a finishing polish and the AIOs. When you only look at the gloss they get you from the polishing it self.

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Ok, my friends. Here we go....

I have used and Loved HD Speed. Don't really care what it is called now, it just works. But, my bottle will be gone after my next use.

Anyway...... Here is my situation/question:

I baby my paint to the point that I need very minimal correction. Speed always fits the bill.

I am curious about the BF one step.

Here are my points I want opinions on:

Will the BF provide the slickness of Speed?

Is it as easy to remove? (I have read so, and I just want opinions).

Also, I really need someone to convince me that I have to buy 32 ounces of the BF if it is THAT much better than Speed.

I might have already pulled the trigger on a 16oz. bottle, but for the price of the quart......... Nope.

Thoughts?
    I've used both.....found that I actually DO like BF AIO.....but to answer your questions:

It's not as slick as Speed....but then again, to me, Speed was crazy slick

It's not as easy to remove...it's easy, provided it's on thin and you let it sit....just not Speed easy

12. Likes PaulMys, Maxreed241 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12