autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: TORQ 10FX stopped working ? Wth!

That totally sucks. Pick yourself up a Griots 6" DA and get the 5" backing plate....you won't regret it. Griots backs their products, even if you're not the original owner. Their customer service is second to none.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cleanfreak623 View Post

Also, the unit has those weird torx screws with the nipple in the middle so I gotta get one of those bits
    This is odd, mine has Philips screws at the handle, where the brushes are accessed ??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailTrail View Post
    This is odd, mine has Philips screws at the handle, where the brushes are accessed ??
    Mine is covered in security screw. So that’s another $10 just to open this thing TORQ 10FX stopped working ? Wth!. The plastic cover on the head is Allen key which surprisingly they supply !

Post Thanks / Like

So now Torq is saying they only deal with chemical guys U.S. and I need a US mailing address.

ATTENTION ALL CANADIANS****

Do NOT purchase any Torq product. You’re in your own should it break.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that truly sucks to hear. Just for future reference, whenever I buy a more expensive item that I have found a good price for at Amazon, I always call the manufacturer first and ask them before I buy it if Amazon is considered an authorized reseller and ask if they will honor the warranty. I've always been told YES, that Amazon is authorized and wont void the warranty as long as it is sold and shipped by Amazon. They don't cover third party sellers. Of course, if you buy from the manufacturer THROUGH Amazon then you're good. Ebay is one they usually dont honor warranties from, which is why eBay usually sells warranties as an add on to the purchase.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Fan View Post
    Wow, that truly sucks to hear. Just for future reference, whenever I buy a more expensive item that I have found a good price for at Amazon, I always call the manufacturer first and ask them before I buy it if Amazon is considered an authorized reseller and ask if they will honor the warranty. I've always been told YES, that Amazon is authorized and wont void the warranty as long as it is sold and shipped by Amazon. They don't cover third party sellers. Of course, if you buy from the manufacturer THROUGH Amazon then you're good. Ebay is one they usually dont honor warranties from, which is why eBay usually sells warranties as an add on to the purchase.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    When I bought mine it was sold and shipped by amazon. But moving forward I’ll only buy if I can get warranty work. I guess this is why it was like $80 cheaper than in store. Live and learn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mk9750 View Post
    Paul, not saying you're wrong, but only a different perspective. My dad taught me that whenever I bought any tool, it should be the cheapest I could find. The only ones that break will be the ones I use often. When a tool breaks (used it often), THEN go out and buy the absolute best tool that I can afford. His opinion (that I share) was that it doesn't make sense to spend $100.00 for an oil filter wrench if you change your oil twice a year. However, if you're business is oil changes, it is likely money well spent (this was the actual example he used. At the time, I had no clue even what an oil filter wrench was!).

Applied to detailing, I believe this philosophy has worked for me. I started with a VERY cheap polisher. Had I simply wanted to polish my and my wife's cars, I truly believe it would have been sufficient. When I started doing other people's cars, I learned very quickly I needed to improve my tool.

Again, I don't mean to debate, but to offer a different philosophy.
    I see exactly where you are coming from. And you have a valid opinion.

Mine was more from the standpoint of someone who until recently, depended on tools for my very livelihood.

Hard to teach an old dog new tricks, ya know?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry man, wasn’t cheap either. Should be expressed no warranties on Amazon also. Amazons good for that. I bought my boss from Autogeek. Two companies from unparalleled customer service.

I would definitely leave reviews on chemical guys and amazon telling of your experience. Won’t help you but will help someone from same experience in future. Also hopefully lose them some business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cleanfreak623 View Post
    So now Torq is saying they only deal with chemical guys U.S. and I need a US mailing address.

ATTENTION ALL CANADIANS****

Do NOT purchase any Torq product. You’re in your own should it break.
    This is also true for Rupes. Canadians always gets shafted when it comes to detailiing products and tools. Not only are we paying twice what they sell for elsewhere, but trying to get support is like trying to get open heart surgery from a vet.

There are very likelly local repair shops in your town. Check for more established brands like Black and Decker, Porter Cables and the like. If you can find a Porter Cable repair center, they very likelly know how to repair it. Unless it requires a part that they can't get, they are likelly to be able to fix it for you.

As for Torq and CG pointing the finger at each other, maybe you can take them to small claim court if you have that in your province.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about Canada but if purchased with a Credit card here I the stares you may be entitled to file a claim with your card issuer. Had something similar happend to me and the credit card company refunded me the money.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123