autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Finally took the time to do my first wash with my pressure washer I bought from the OG channel after he did his testing.

It was very enjoyable. I was able to clean my wheels without agitating them for the first time ever. Just sprayed wheel brightener on, scrubbed the tire with 303 rubber, and then rinse everything at once.

The rinse took off all the leaves and random debris that accumulates around here with 0 issues, where my garden hose struggles quite a bit with some things.

I was worried that the greenworks putting out like.. 1.3-1.4 gpm or whatever he tested it at would feel slow rinsing the soap off, which was hyper wash, but it felt just fine. Overall between doing my wheels, the initial rinse, rinsing the soap off, and then rinsing HCW off, it hardly used any amount of water compared to my garden hose.

After the final rinse I went around the whole car with my leaf blower and blew off a bunch of the water. Then I went around spraying 1-2 sprays of meguiars hybrid ceramic wax into a towel and spreading it evenly over each panel. Then I did one final rinse.

With a pressure washer it was really easy to notice areas that needed to be rinsed more. I see reviews on YouTube where people rinse for about a second, but I think I went around rinsing my car for a good 2-3 minutes. The beading is pretty crazy from HCW.

I plan on diluting it down, maybe to 7:1 like mentioned in the HCW thread and trying it that way next time I wash my car. I may just use it that way as a drying aid. If I decide to use it as a drying aid vs spray and rinse, I may cut it at something like 5:1-4:1.

After drying I noticed some streaks in random areas. Probably from applying HCW too heavy on those areas. I went around with Wolfgang Uber rinseless diluted to WW/derail spray and it took them off no issues.

All in all, I had a great time washing my car tonight.

I’m aware that I need to take a picture at a different angle at some point, but I’m very lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes PaulMys, Cleanfreak623, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Finally took the time to do my first wash with my pressure washer I bought from the OG channel after he did his testing.

It was very enjoyable. I was able to clean my wheels without agitating them for the first time ever. Just sprayed wheel brightener on, scrubbed the tire with 303 rubber, and then rinse everything at once.

The rinse took off all the leaves and random debris that accumulates around here with 0 issues, where my garden hose struggles quite a bit with some things.

I was worried that the greenworks putting out like.. 1.3-1.4 gpm or whatever he tested it at would feel slow rinsing the soap off, which was hyper wash, but it felt just fine. Overall between doing my wheels, the initial rinse, rinsing the soap off, and then rinsing HCW off, it hardly used any amount of water compared to my garden hose.

After the final rinse I went around the whole car with my leaf blower and blew off a bunch of the water. Then I went around spraying 1-2 sprays of meguiars hybrid ceramic wax into a towel and spreading it evenly over each panel. Then I did one final rinse.

With a pressure washer it was really easy to notice areas that needed to be rinsed more. I see reviews on YouTube where people rinse for about a second, but I think I went around rinsing my car for a good 2-3 minutes. The beading is pretty crazy from HCW.

I plan on diluting it down, maybe to 7:1 like mentioned in the HCW thread and trying it that way next time I wash my car. I may just use it that way as a drying aid. If I decide to use it as a drying aid vs spray and rinse, I may cut it at something like 5:1-4:1.

After drying I noticed some streaks in random areas. Probably from applying HCW too heavy on those areas. I went around with Wolfgang Uber rinseless diluted to WW/derail spray and it took them off no issues.

All in all, I had a great time washing my car tonight.

I’m aware that I need to take a picture at a different angle at some point, but I’m very lazy.

You know if that car didn't bing then I would have had to ban you from the state lol. What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

4. Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    You know if that car didn't bing then I would have had to ban you from the state lol. What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Listen I’ve lived here for 300 years, I can’t be banished.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually did a N914 WW on my lunch hour instead of surfing car forums. It was party sunny and 60, perfect conditions. The car is currently wearing the 7:1 Meg's HCW spray on, rinse off ratio and I'm glad to announce clean up was VERY easy! I used 6 Jack towels from DPC and a spare towel to clean up the tires and wheels, same towel used to wipe out the wheelwells when I was done. Once I got home I decided to apply Adam's Tire Armor and even though the tires weren't brown after I N914'd them I decided to "boost them up". Well, after I applied the Adam's Tire Armor they basically looked the same, so I waited 10 minutes and applied a coat of Gyeon Tire...problem solved. Then I vac'd out the car used up the little bit of CG's Black Frost, inside out...factory fresh What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Listen I’ve lived here for 300 years, I can’t be banished.

O you must be a vampire. Lol let me call in the wolvesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Just tried Adam's Detail Spray for the first time, wanted to give the car a "little extra" and this stuff is much more than a QDWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

10. Likes DETAILROOKIE, SWETM, JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Embarrassing moment for the day.

So our driveway was blocked off about 2/3 of the way by multiple dump trucks. They are adding on to our subdivision.

Any way I thought I could get past them if I barely went into the grass. I was wrong. That ground is so loose and wet. It wasn't nearly as wet this morning.

Well my truck basically sunk on 1 side :-).

Street tires aren't the best for this but I wasn't planning on going into a lot of mud

I got it our with a quick pull from my dad's Chevy.
    I couldn't get any weight on the tires that were on concrete due to the slope.

I did get it cleaned up with pressure washer and foam cannon.

Love having a garage wall mounted pressure washer with 100 ft hose. Saves so much time!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM, TTQ B4U, PaulMys, Ochnob and 1 others liked this post
    Dislikes TTQ B4U disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddear30 View Post
    Embarrassing moment for the day.

So our driveway was blocked off about 2/3 of the way by multiple dump trucks. They are adding on to our subdivision.

Any way I thought I could get past them if I barely went into the grass. I was wrong. That ground is so loose and wet. It wasn't nearly as wet this morning.

Well my truck basically sunk on 1 side :-).

Street tires aren't the best for this but I wasn't planning on going into a lot of mud

I got it our with a quick pull from my dad's Chevy.
    I couldn't get any weight on the tires that were on concrete due to the slope.

I did get it cleaned up with pressure washer and foam cannon.

Love having a garage wall mounted pressure washer with 100 ft hose. Saves so much time!
    Glad there was no damage.
    With all the rain we've had here I can only imagine the same thing happening here.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

14. Likes Daviddear30 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

looked more like soup. that should dry out by the end of summer. glad you got it all cleaned up.

16. Likes Daviddear30 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn!

Glad you got out of that quagmire.

Myself, I would have insisted that the dump trucks "Move their a$$es from in front of my driveway"......
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 178 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 781281681691701711721731741751761771781791801811821831841851861871882282786781178 ... LastLast