autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Does it spray better in another bottle other than the OEM bottle? I hate how blotchy it sprays... big globs instead of a mist. I love the product though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott in Houston View Post
    Does it spray better in another bottle other than the OEM bottle? I hate how blotchy it sprays... big globs instead of a mist. I love the product though.
    I just applied it yesterday using the OEM bottle, full strength. It gets good atomization if you squeeze the trigger like you hate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks mwoolfso thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, mwoolfso liked this post
    Dislikes mwoolfso disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott in Houston View Post
    I'm using it in an old Auto-Fanatic 007 Gloss Enhancer bottle and sprayer, his sprayer is very nice, has a little filter thing??? on the bottom of the pick up. This has a great, adjustable sprayer and DOESN'T LEAK!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes Scott in Houston liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have yet to receive my replacement bottle, so I mixed what little I had left. The bag I put it in also had a hole, so 80% of the HCW is in the top of my toolbox... No idea what ratio this is, but I sprayed it on my bathroom mirror and the first couple wipes were hazy and then turned crystal clear. Figured it be a fun test to see if the mirror fogs up or not. I used a conventional spray bottle I had sitting around from Home Depot.
    Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax-a280ec79-92c8-49b6-a83d-3328f66cad17-jpg

7. Likes Klasse Act, Scott in Houston liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use empty bottles and sprays, from Chemical Guys (Quick Detailers and others). They are of very good quality.

9. Thanks Scott in Houston thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by checanet View Post
    I use empty bottles and sprays, from Chemical Guys (Quick Detailers and others). They are of very good quality.
    I talked with Meguiars and they are making new bottles to address the issues they've had with cracked bottles. Hopefully we don't have to transfer them anymore unless diluting.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Mixed up some HCW at 7:1 in a baby 8oz bottle tonight so I could use it as a drying aid after an ONR wash.

Works pretty well at that dilution, I was surprised. I think I maybe used 4oz of solution as I went around the car, but I was being pretty heavy with it to see if I’d get any streaking like it can do full strength. There was none I could see.

Misted evenly over a whole panel, dried with a waffle weave towel, and then followed up with another towel just to ensure it good to go.

Speaking practically: if it holds up even for a month or two diluted this way, I think it’s a great bargain. If I used 4oz of solution, which I’m just eyeballing, that’s only half an oz of actual product. Mixing it 7:1 would get you 1.625 gallons of this stuff. Undiluted it’s about 57 cents per ounce, and at 7:1 it’s about 7 cents an ounce. Granted, you’re basically talking about minuscule amounts of money at that point, but it’s still an interesting way to look at different products.

I’m inclined to keep increasing the strength of the dilution once I use up this 7:1 mixture. I want to keep doing this until I find the point where it starts to streak if I don’t pay attention to the application (I don’t like paying attention - I wanna listen to my tunes and space out.) that way I can hopefully get the best of both worlds.

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes SANCTUM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes 26oz in ratio dilution 1:7 is 208oz, 208/128 = 1.625 gallons (the final performance).
    It is the MAIN REASON by which, Megs does NOT want to be diluted, although it is a concentrated product that according to the instructions, "dilutes badly and on the fly" and does not manage to distribute evenly on the surface of the piece. Megs looked for a friendly application method, but wasting product (they should sell more) and protection being ineffective. Also it is not allowed to heal when passing more water. I have noticed that the product heals and becomes much better after a few hours of applied as a dry sealant.
    I will try the 1: 8 dilution when I finish these 16oz prepared in 1: 7 that I have, that I will use them as a booster after each wash.
    WHAT IS VERY IMPORTANT, is that when making the diluted preparation, MIX the concentrated product well and then proceed to put it in the auxiliary container. The same before using the product, shake very well.

14. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by checanet View Post
    WHAT IS VERY IMPORTANT, is that when making the diluted preparation, MIX the concentrated product well and then proceed to put it in the auxiliary container. The same before using the product, shake very well.
    I mixed mine up in an 8oz measuring cup, and stirred it up with a novelty chopstick I keep on my desk in the mug I keep my pens in (don’t worry I don’t use it to eat) and this stuff really is thick. I mixed it for a bit and then saw a bunch still stuck to the bottom of the mixing cup, so I just used my finger to get it mixed up.

I should take a look at my baby bottle and see if it’s separated at all after sitting all night.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bottle on order and planning on replacing my D156. Will use it the same way as D156, either drying aid or apply after drying and wipe off.
    I might try the dilution so I can make the bottle last longer.

Just to clarify its 1:7 - 1oz HCW to 7oz distilled water?

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast