autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Compound History

Very Cool! The first compound and polish I tried once I got into machine polishing were those two products. They helped earn me my "best paint" award at Detail Fest 6 or 7? on my 350Z. That was the first car I polished as well.

And Mike Stoops is a great guy as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    Very Cool! The first compound and polish I tried once I got into machine polishing were those two products. They helped earn me my "best paint" award at Detail Fest 6 or 7? on my 350Z. That was the first car I polished as well.

And Mike Stoops is a great guy as well.
    I think it was Detail Fest #5..Check your trophy
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

The history and backstory here is amazing. I can only imagine the feeling of seeing your work all over the world on these bottles!

Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

6. Likes Calendyr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ultimate Compound is a great product. If it wasn't for the price I would very likelly use it more often. Unfortunatelly when you compare it to other products like D300 or M101, it's about twice the price. Very likelly due to the fact it comes in a 5 ounce bottle vs larger containers for the the pro lines.

Someone at Meguiar's mentionned it had some chemicals in it to remove oxidation. Do you know if that is true?

Also, would you say it is a good product to use on single stage paint? I know you had an article about using Meguiar's #7 glaze for single stage, if you had to keep one product in your mobile arsenal in case your client had single stage, what would you keep?

Gonna read your update on the D166 now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Ultimate Compound is a great product. If it wasn't for the price I would very likelly use it more often. Unfortunatelly when you compare it to other products like D300 or M101, it's about twice the price. Very likelly due to the fact it comes in a 5 ounce bottle vs larger containers for the the pro lines.

Someone at Meguiar's mentionned it had some chemicals in it to remove oxidation. Do you know if that is true?
    It comes in 15.2 oz. bottles.

Meguiars Ultimate Compound, polishing compound, rubbing compound, meguiars rubbing compound, meguires, meguiars polish, auto compound polish

When I got back into detailing a few years ago Ultimate Compound was the very 1st product I tried when I bought my 1st polisher. I used it on my 97’ Cadillac and was blown away at the transformation it made on the oxidized and neglected paint. It went from hazy & foggy to mirror reflections after Ultimate Compound. I couldn’t believe how good it was. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

The Ultimate line is probably going to be "old faithful" for a very long time to come.

I bought my first bottle of UC probably ten years ago, with SwirlX. It was the first cutting product I ever used on a random orbital polisher too.

Works great with foam, and microfiber pads. Even works great by hand..

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post

Even works great by hand..

I've posted this numerous times on this forum over the years and here it is again. (might even have posted in already in this thread)

M105, which came out before Ultimate Compound, and is the Pro Line cousin to Ultimate Compound, is the first compound I found to actually remove swirls and scratches by HAND while not leaving it's own marring behind in the paint. The first.

And of course UC can do this too.

Before these SMAT product - there really wasn't anything as effective and forgiving for working by hand.

Back then I was at Meguiar's and always demonstrated how to remove swirls and scratches by hand.

It's true ScratchX worked but it became gummy when worked hard on the surface as you would create heat and the heat made it a tick sticky to wipe off. Since those days, (years ago), the chemist at Meguiar's reformulated ScratchX to be machine friendly and thus remove the heat issue.

That said - M105 and Ultimate Compound were much more effective at removing defects by hand than ScratchX.

11. Thanks dlc95 thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    It comes in 15.2 oz. bottles.

Meguiars Ultimate Compound, polishing compound, rubbing compound, meguiars rubbing compound, meguires, meguiars polish, auto compound polish

When I got back into detailing a few years ago Ultimate Compound was the very 1st product I tried when I bought my 1st polisher. I used it on my 97’ Cadillac and was blown away at the transformation it made on the oxidized and neglected paint. It went from hazy & foggy to mirror reflections after Ultimate Compound. I couldn’t believe how good it was. Lol.
    Yep, thank's for the correction, was missing a digit there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast