autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Review - CarPro DHydrate Drying Towel

Thank you Avi for sending this product for review.

Products:

CarProDHydrate Drying Towel

Autogeek carries the 20 x 20 version and not the 28 x 40 version that is in this review.

Cost:

$24.99 for 28 x 40

$15.99 for 20 x 20

Product description:

The CarPro Dhydrate Drying Towel will revolutionize your entire car drying process! The ease with which the CarPro Dhydrate Drying Towel can engulf every drop of water on your vehicle will leave you so amazed you may need it to dry the drool off your chin!

TheCarPro Dhydrate Drying Towel was designed to create as little drag as possible to avoid washing swirls and scratches while you are drying.The CarPro Dhydrate Drying Towel will glide effortlessly across the surface of any paint, treated or untreated, coated or uncoated. All without damaging the existing protection that is on your car already.

Dueto the extreme absorbency of the CarPro Dhydrate Drying Towel, drying your paint off could not be any easier. Simply lay the CarPro Dhydrate Drying Towel across the surface you are drying and slowly drag it across. That’s it, you are now ready to move on to the next surface without worrying about any water being left behind to evaporate and cause water spots.

If it isn’t enough that the CarPro Dhydrate Drying Towel is made with materials that will greatly reduce the risk of scratches and swirls,the light grey color of the CarPro Dhydrate Drying Towel makes it incredibly easy to spot any dirt or debris that may gather in it fibers. This means that it would be nearly impossible for you to accidentally drag a debris-riddled towel across your perfect detailedpaint!

If that still isn’t enough for you to feel confident in your paint’s safety while using the CarPro Dhydrate Drying Towel, this towel has even more scratch reducing properties! The CarPro Dhydrate Drying Towel is made with an edge made of microfiber,not piping. This means that the edges won’t cause any scratches during use. Combine that with the fact that it tagless and you would be hard-pressed to find something on this towel that is capable of scratching your precious paint.

The CarPro Dhydrate Drying Towel is durably made and is designed to be completely lint free. Making it extremely easy to clean and ready for use after use without wear!

Specs:

• Size: 28" x 40"
    • Blend: 80/20
    • Gsm: 540
    • Edge: Orange Microfiber
    • Color: Grey
    • Made in: Korea

CarPro introduced this drying towel around mid 2018. It is a dual side microfiber drying towel. One side is the plush twist loop microfiber material that is used to dry the painted surfaces. The other side is a flat woven nap that is reserved for drying glass to avoid streaking.

This is the large size at 28 inches x 40 inches. The flat nap side has the newest CarPro logo imprinted on it.

I placed the towel flat on the front glass of my 2002 Camaro to show how large the towel is.

I did not take any other photos so the video will have to show it’s effectiveness of how well it removes water from the surface.

Final thoughts:

I have been using this towel for a few washes and it does a good job. This size towel is enough to dry my 1999 Grand Prix which is a midsize sedan and enough to dry my brothers 2018 Equinox. The dual side serves it purpose. It dries the glass to a streak free finish with one pass. The plush side absorbs water and is soft to not damage the paint while drying. The orange border is suede and it will not damage the paint either.

The material is similar in it being a twist loop like the Griot’s PFM,the Gyeon Silk Dryer and other towels that use a similar design structure.

The included information on the package states that this towel is designed to be dragged on the paint for drying rather than blotting. Well I have done both methods and this towel does both just fine.

One thing I noticed with this towel is unlike the large PFM drying towel,the CarPro towel does not get as heavy yet it does just as good as the PFM. It is a good alternative to the PFM which is good for those not wanting to spend so much on a drying towel.

For larger sized vehicles an additional towel may be needed.

Give the towel a try and report back your feedback.

2. Thanks Diner, Aaryn NZ, fly07sti, Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, Aaryn NZ, BudgetPlan1, Jon TDS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - CarPro DHydrate Drying Towel

Great review. Like the fact it is 2- sided. Nice size for larger vehicles.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

4. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got my 20” x 20” dehydrate towels today. Tried them and they work great! Don’t seem to feel as rough against the paint as other twist loop towels.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If it works anywhere near as good as the PFM, it would be a good buy at that price.

Nice review/vid, Guz.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Superb review Guz!

After attending Detail Fest last year, Don (fly07sti) suggested I pick up a couple of Griots PFM towels & boy was I happy I did. Fantastic towels & I cannot fault their performance but for me to get them here to NZ, after shipping, taxes etc they almost cost me $80NZ.

These CarPro DHydrate Towels retail for $39.95NZ - Are they half the towel??? Nope, not at all. I agree Guz, the material is virtually identical to the Griots PFM aside from being single sided but then perhaps the Griots towels are similar but sown back to back, giving their ‘thickness’ but the DHydrate towels from CarPro lack nothing in performance either.

Being that I sell CarPro products in our shop I was excited to get my hands on these when they finally made it to NZ in early March. I took the entire shipment of 28” x 40” off the CarPro distributors hands & have been very well received! I only have 4 towels left on the shelf & the next CarPro shipment cannot arrive in NZ soon enough.

Incredibly good towels, definitely my favs! Thanks for the review Guz - top notch buddy.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

10. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, The Guz, BudgetPlan1, fly07sti, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done, Guz and as always excellent read
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

12. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stop it Mike! I’m gonna need another shed for towels if you keep doing these reviews. BTW, the CarPro glass towels are Money!!!

14. Likes Aaryn NZ, The Guz, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Great review. Like the fact it is 2- sided. Nice size for larger vehicles.
    Thanks. I agree. Definitely gets the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Just got my 20” x 20” dehydrate towels today. Tried them and they work great! Don’t seem to feel as rough against the paint as other twist loop towels.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Yeah they are a nice towel and as you mentioned a little softer than the PFM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    If it works anywhere near as good as the PFM, it would be a good buy at that price.

Nice review/vid, Guz.
    Thanks. It does work as good as the PFM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Superb review Guz!

After attending Detail Fest last year, Don (fly07sti) suggested I pick up a couple of Griots PFM towels & boy was I happy I did. Fantastic towels & I cannot fault their performance but for me to get them here to NZ, after shipping, taxes etc they almost cost me $80NZ.

These CarPro DHydrate Towels retail for $39.95NZ - Are they half the towel??? Nope, not at all. I agree Guz, the material is virtually identical to the Griots PFM aside from being single sided but then perhaps the Griots towels are similar but sown back to back, giving their ‘thickness’ but the DHydrate towels from CarPro lack nothing in performance either.

Being that I sell CarPro products in our shop I was excited to get my hands on these when they finally made it to NZ in early March. I took the entire shipment of 28” x 40” off the CarPro distributors hands & have been very well received! I only have 4 towels left on the shelf & the next CarPro shipment cannot arrive in NZ soon enough.

Incredibly good towels, definitely my favs! Thanks for the review Guz - top notch buddy.

Aaryn NZ.
    Thanks. Well said. It is a a great towel and a great alternative to the PFM. The price point is good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Nicely done, Guz and as always excellent read
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Stop it Mike! I’m gonna need another shed for towels if you keep doing these reviews. BTW, the CarPro glass towels are Money!!!
    Haha. I am surprised you don't already own one of these. I do agree about the glass towels. I ended up picking up a few more myself.