autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    unfortunately, there are issues with ALL auto manufacturers (some more than others). no pointing fingers, it happens sometimes.. how they handle/correct the situation is what makes the difference...

another example.. newly released 2019 corolla hatchback... also, toyota/lexus having brake issues as well...
    Toyota Corolla Hatchback Recalled - Consumer Reports
    This isn’t the first issue with Hyundai engines.

Post Thanks / Like

unfortunately, there are issues with ALL auto manufacturers (some more than others). no pointing fingers, it happens sometimes.. how they handle/correct the situation is what makes the difference...

another example.. newly released 2019 corolla hatchback... also, toyota/lexus having brake issues as well...
    Toyota Corolla Hatchback Recalled - Consumer Reports
    This is true. At least Hyundai is actually attempting to fix the issue and recall their vehicles.

Honda has been having a ton of issues with their 1.5t engine found in the CRV and Accord, and they are denying there is an issue and refusing to fix anything. Ford also refuses to help its customers when Explorer owners complained about CO2 leaking into the cabin. It happened to me and I had a CO2 detector installed in my Explorer. Ford finally issued a recall after years of fighting.

An automaker that doesnt back up their products and turns their back on their customers does not deserve any business. My wife had the Santa Fe model they recalled and they really took care of us. They even gave us gift cards for gas and food.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

3. Likes custmsprty, Klasse Act, VISITOR, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    This is true. At least Hyundai is actually attempting to fix the issue and recall their vehicles.

Honda has been having a ton of issues with their 1.5t engine found in the CRV and Accord, and they are denying there is an issue and refusing to fix anything. Ford also refuses to help its customers when Explorer owners complained about CO2 leaking into the cabin. It happened to me and I had a CO2 detector installed in my Explorer. Ford finally issued a recall after years of fighting.

An automaker that doesnt back up their products and turns their back on their customers does not deserve any business. My wife had the Santa Fe model they recalled and they really took care of us. They even gave us gift cards for gas and food.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    reminds me of when a chp officer and his family died when their lexus gas pedal/accelerator was jammed/stuck exceeding 120+mph on a highway that led to a horrific crash (there was nothing they could do and were talking to 911 as it was happening). videos on YT, search "lexus crash accelerator stuck". at some point, i can't remember if it was this incident or another with toyota (in regards to their brakes), they blamed the floor mats and they kept brushing it under the rug after numerous complaints. in any case, this isn't a thread to argue (not directed towards any one person) about certain car makers about this or that as none are perfect. we all have choices on are likes/dislikes about any brand and choose accordingly. that goes with any/all products these days...

btw, your Dad's new ride is nice! can't wait to see when you work your magic on the paint!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Read em' and weep!

Although I didn't get in on the ground floor, hell, not even the 11th floor but I'm on now and I'm very happy with my Hyundai!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    awesome color, couldn't of found a better owner to take care of her!

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

awesome color, couldn't of found a better owner to take care of her!
    Nice looking wheels for factory ones too.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Nice looking wheels for factory ones too.
    Yeah they did a great job there too, it's why I'm struggling with deciding on what to swap them out with. I'm either keeping them to use as winter wheels and get something next year or adding good all-season tires to them and ride it out yewr round, like a Conti DWS06 for instanceCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Focus RS Chief Engineer Leaves Ford For Bigger Role At Hyundai - autoevolution

Lead Ford Focus RS engineer shifts to Hyundai

Ford RS chief engineer moves to Hyundai

Hyundai appears to be the go-to place for a lot of talented people. The automaker from South Korea tapped the likes of Peter Schreyer, Albert Biermann, Luc Donckerwolke, there are a lot of talented people there, helping both Hyundai and Kia and the Genesis luxury division.

The roster keeps on growing, and according to Autocar.co.uk, the chief engineer of the Focus RS has left Ford for Hyundai. “He has been named the new head of vehicle testing and development at the company's European technical center,” which means that Tyrone Johnson will oversee the development of N and other go-faster models.

That’s right; ladies and gents! Johnson is the replacement for Albert Biermann, which moves to a new role with the South Korean automaker. More to the point, the former M boss at BMW now serves as the global head of research and development at the Hyundai Motor Company.

Under the guidance of Biermann, the automaker’s brands came out with the Kia Stinger, Hyundai i30 N, the Veloster N in North America, and Genesis G70 sports sedan. The question is, what’s next in the pipeline as far as performance-oriented models are concerned?

Thanks to the Theta III engine, Hyundai and the N division are looking forward to a mid-engine sports car. Such a model is years away in any case, but nevertheless, Johnson is the man in charge right now. Given his success with the Focus RS at Ford, the future seems bright indeed.

Genesis, for its part, will launch the GV80 mid-size SUV in 2019 with the 3.5-liter V6 MPI and all-wheel drive. The bold design of the concept will be utilized by the production model, but given the N division, we’re hoping the GV80 will get the twin-turbo V6 from the G70.

The luxury-oriented brand has also registered the trademarks for GV60 and GV70, but heaven knows when these models will arrive on the market. A coupe based on the G70 is also in the works.

11. Likes DETAILROOKIE, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Impressive.

Nothing against Hyundai, but I wonder how they are able to recruit some of these guys away from their current employers. Could it be the attraction of working on a "clean sheet" where anything is possible? When you think of prime engineers from M or the RS programs moving to another company, an automaker with virtually no performance cars in the portfollio isn't usually the first one which comes to mind.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

They move because the employment packages are overwhelming, 2 to 3 times their current salary, massive stock options and admittance to a special club for executives that get you mortgages at almost 0%, unlimited vacation, Kids school paid for,etc. I used to work at BMW corporate and was very familiar with a few guys that left to go work for the Pacific rim…

That being said, once they make the move they are locked into contracts that have huge penalties if they were to move again, usually with a noncompete clause for 2 to 3 years…when I took early retirement from BMW NA, my non-compete was a year.
    Glen -

14. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes DETAILROOKIE, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I had no idea they would offer packages large enough to get guys to move whom I'm sure were compensated quite nicely already. That shows how eager Hyundia/Kia/Genesis is to move up in the automotive landscape.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast