autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Wow this replicates my results! Looks great and feels great, amazing water behavior the first and second rainstorms, than compared to PNS, no tight beads and not hydrophobic. I'm hoping Forrest from Mothers can chime in, or I may even call Mothers and see what the issue might be.

It does seem to be doing great on my front windshield still. Big disappointment for a ceramic, since I think even Megs UQW does better lol.
    I was hoping you might see different results. Didn't mean to be a Debbie-downer several pages ago, but I'm not surprised you saw these results too. My sons Jeep is still going strong with PNS. I will likely re-polish and coat it this summer to get they hydrophobic effect I love.

Here are some beading shots of PNS after driving in the rain.

Shot 1
    Shot 2
    Shot 3
    Shot 4
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Thanks 392hemi thanked for this post
    Likes heloguy, Cruzscarwash, 392hemi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    I was hoping you might see different results. Didn't mean to be a Debbie-downer several pages ago, but I'm not surprised you saw these results too. My sons Jeep is still going strong with PNS. I will likely re-polish and coat it this summer to get they hydrophobic effect I love.
    What is PNS?

The Meguiars HCW is still doing really well on my Camaro, even with the surprise snow & ice it got yesterday.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    What is PNS?

The Meguiars HCW is still doing really well on my Camaro, even with the surprise snow & ice it got yesterday.
    PNS= polymer net shield, It's one of the best and easiest to apply sealants on the market.

Sonax Polymer Net Shield, sonax polymer netshield, sonax profiline polymer netshield

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5. Likes 392hemi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Wow this replicates my results! Looks great and feels great, amazing water behavior the first and second rainstorms, than compared to PNS, no tight beads and not hydrophobic.

I'm hoping Forrest from Mothers can chime in, or I may even call Mothers and see what the issue might be.
    He hasn't responded in any of the Autopia or AG threads about CMX pretty much since CMX was released and the hype was quickly being called into question.

7. Thanks 392hemi thanked for this post
    Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    He hasn't responded in any of the Autopia or AG threads about CMX pretty much since CMX was released and the hype was quickly being called into question.
    Yeah, I've noticed that as well

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I knew the big mfgs would get in on this, should be interesting, especially with that additional chemical added.

Do I need this, no...will I buy and try it, you betMother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    competition is always good for us consumers. Still not sure I'll ever forgive them for back to black though haahhahaha
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Thats very disappointing.

Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback and input. its not easy doing my "real" job in sales; traveling to see customers AND watching numerous forums for feedback, comments and questions. I don't know of any other appearance chemical company who does a better job of monitoring forms.

Please know that your observations come as a surprise to us, as our findings are not in line with what we are reading here or with our numerous test subjects throughout the country. We are working diligently to get to the bottom of it, working hand in hand with our chemists and field testers.

Rest assured your feedback does not go unnoticed, nor is it ignored. Please stay tuned, as we are always looking for ways to improve and innovate.

If I've disappointed you, I'm sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a good thing for a company to do on social media site, especially when the sites are in their niche market

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forrest@mothers View Post
    Thanks for the feedback and input. its not easy doing my "real" job in sales; traveling to see customers AND watching numerous forums for feedback, comments and questions. I don't know of any other appearance chemical company who does a better job of monitoring forms.

Please know that your observations come as a surprise to us, as our findings are not in line with what we are reading here or with our numerous test subjects throughout the country. We are working diligently to get to the bottom of it, working hand in hand with our chemists and field testers.

Rest assured your feedback does not go unnoticed, nor is it ignored. Please stay tuned, as we are always looking for ways to improve and innovate.

If I've disappointed you, I'm sorry.
    Thanks for responding. You are correct as you are one of the few manufacturers that reply to feedback and I appreciate it. So far the lack of durability of CMX is a big concern especially since CMX is labeled a “coating”. I tested it side by side with Moonlight and CMX did not fare well in that test. I’ve yet to layer CMX to see if the durability and dirt rejection increases. CMX is still a good product at a good price, but truthfully I think we were expecting more based on Mother’s projections.

14. Likes DBAILEY liked this post
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839 LastLast