autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The World is About to Change

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I got kind of a weird answer on the Optimum forum about using this product on headlights, but Apex has another video out demonstrating it on headlights as a "permanent" solution. I guess we will find out what that means.

How the Apex guy has a Kynar drum for a trash can I simply can't get my head around. And yes, I realize there is basically zero chance that anyone else on the forum will know what I am talking about.
    What the heck is a Kynar drum?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    What the heck is a Kynar drum?
    It's just something very obscure (that's completely unrelated to detailing) that probably I'm the only one on the forum that would recognize, especially since his trash liner was covering most of it. Just a huge coincidence in a thread I started. It's a shipping drum for something that he (Apex) would never use, no idea where he got it. Kynar is a plastic that's sort of in the Teflon family, most familiar use is probably as a coating for things like window cladding and aluminum trim that are installed in coastal areas.

Now that I think about it, FunX is the only other one on here that might have recognized that drum.

Post Thanks / Like

CCR certainly is a revolutionary product. So far I’ve used it to darken paint burns on CC, camouflage chipping on front ends of vehicles, bug etching on single stage paint and on areas of thin paint. It’s super easy to use and adds a great glossy finish. I’ve also layered it (4 layers) and polished it after it hardened. Like everything, it has it’s limitations & learning curve, but doesn’t take long to master. Just follow the directions to the “T” and you’ll be fine.

Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

4. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    CCR certainly is a revolutionary product. So far I’ve used it to darken paint burns on CC, camouflage chipping on front ends of vehicles, bug etching on single stage paint and on areas of thin paint. It’s super easy to use and adds a great glossy finish. I’ve also layered it (4 layers) and polished it after it hardened. Like everything, it has it’s limitations & learning curve, but doesn’t take long to master. Just follow the directions to the “T” and you’ll be fine.
    Would love to see some pictures of stuff you’ve layered it on, if you have them. A few of the examples I’ve seen of it being applied and layered end up having this streaky look to them. Like you can see which way you were wiping it on.

If I were to use it on my humiliated front bumper (frumpiest, if you will) would i “see” that it was applied every time I get down on it to wash my car or wipe it down? Or does it blend seamlessly between panels in your experience with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, no pics to share. Streaking is usually from not applying enough product and not leveling it properly. It can surely be tricky, but can be eliminated with technique. Plus, you can refine it with sanding or polishing once it’s torally cured. Before this point, just leave it alone and don’t expose it to anything like chemicals, water, or even friction.....it’s really soft.

Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234