autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    No I didn't go out and buy the shoe but I paid him enough for him to go out himself an get them. It means more for him to walk in the shoe store and buy them himself after working hard. I can tell he will be a businessman.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    “Like a BOSS!” No pun intended. Nice the young cat wanted to work for his. Awesome of you to give him a chance to earn it. For a Rupes guy.... you seem to be aaight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

ClearVue18 great thing to let the kid help you out and help him out with money to get the sneakers he wanted. Not many take the time these days to let kids help out.

Today is going to be a shopping day with the family. I will look for a little frame with wheels on it. To DIY it to the new nozzle head from Kärcher so I get a undercarriage wash system. Still not the time to take out the hoses and turn on the outside water outlet. Cause still have freezing temperature during the nights. Tonight we set the clock forward 1 hour for summertime. The spring is coming soon. And need to fix the last to do the spring detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    A gallon of surface prep is going to last you a good, long while! What ISN'T going to last you a good, long while is that 16 oz bottle of Beadmaker, LOLWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Beadmaker are gifts for a couple of friends, though I might sneak a couple of squirts out of them just to see what the big deal is all about.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    Beadmaker are gifts for a couple of friends, though I might sneak a couple of squirts out of them just to see what the big deal is all about.
    When you do...welcome aboardWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes Rrthomas78 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    “Like a BOSS!” No pun intended. Nice the young cat wanted to work for his. Awesome of you to give him a chance to earn it. For a Rupes guy.... you seem to be aaight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well you know the power of rupes! Makes the world a better place one polisher at a time lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    ClearVue18 great thing to let the kid help you out and help him out with money to get the sneakers he wanted. Not many take the time these days to let kids help out.

Today is going to be a shopping day with the family. I will look for a little frame with wheels on it. To DIY it to the new nozzle head from Kärcher so I get a undercarriage wash system. Still not the time to take out the hoses and turn on the outside water outlet. Cause still have freezing temperature during the nights. Tonight we set the clock forward 1 hour for summertime. The spring is coming soon. And need to fix the last to do the spring detailing.
    Thank you my good sirWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    Was detailing and this little man walked up to me and asked if he could help. He was working up to buy some shoes. So I told him yes and I let him help me detail two cars.

is it me or does this kid know what He's doing ? the level of concentration & technique is awsome ! that was nice of you to trust this kid to help out. I would have been a little worried having Him walking around with that wand. but I'll tell you He's got this. you may have a future part time helper. I'm sure when this kid see's you using some of the tools of the trade His eye's will light up. He'll be all in wanting to learn more. nice job man.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you able to stay in contact with him? If so, I'd like to see how this goes, maybe a thread for it evenWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

If this progresses along maybe AG and its members can help this young man along. Detailing teaches you alot about respect, ethics, patience and perseverance, it turn gets applied to life's situations. This would really be a cool thing to get behind if the ball starts rollin'What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Are you able to stay in contact with him? If so, I'd like to see how this goes, maybe a thread for it evenWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

If this progresses along maybe AG and its members can help this young man along. Detailing teaches you alot about respect, ethics, patience and perseverance, it turn gets applied to life's situations. This would really be a cool thing to get behind if the ball starts rollin'What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

My customer told me he comes in her hair salon and sweep the floors there every day so I believe I can find him. That sounds like a great idea.

13. Thanks Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, SWETM, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"Sweeps the floors everyday", stories like this help restore my faith in humanity, especially with what young and younger people have for role models today in TV, music and sports! Self reliance IS a thing and when people notice what your doing when it's the right thing to do, well, "things begin to happen".

Keep us posted and if need be, start a thread for it, seriously!

15. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 134 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 34841241251261271281291301311321331341351361371381391401411421431441842346341134 ... LastLast