autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

My dad just upgraded his G80 and bought this beautiful G90.

These cars are extremely underrated and overlooked. The technology and power of this car is incredible. Genesis has definitely stepped up their game from the first Gensis I bought, 2012 Genesis coupe.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes VISITOR, Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    My dad just upgraded his G80 and bought this beautiful G90.

These cars are extremely underrated and overlooked. The technology and power of this car is incredible. Genesis has definitely stepped up their game from the first Gensis I bought, 2012 Genesis coupe.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    2018 U.S. Initial Quality Study (IQS) | J.D. Power

Genesis, Kia and Hyundai Are Three Highest-Ranked Brands

4. Likes DETAILROOKIE, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    2018 U.S. Initial Quality Study (IQS) | J.D. Power

Genesis, Kia and Hyundai Are Three Highest-Ranked Brands

Read em' and weep!

Although I didn't get in on the ground floor, hell, not even the 11th floor but I'm on now and I'm very happy with my Hyundai!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing how far Toyota has slipped over the past few years.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Yeah, Honda too. Both use to be the JD powers dalrlings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Before getting too hung up on the those JD Power rankings, these are for the *Initial Quality*, not the long term quality, which is a completely different study. Unfortunately things like infotainment systems are included in this study, so if customer struggles to learn how to use it, that feature is a mark down despite it functioning correctly and the customer becoming profecient in using it over time. The long term quality ranking is the one I feel is a better indicator of the build quality. I'm honestly surprised to see Chevy so high up that list. The last couple Chevy's I had as rental cars were pretty poorly put together and there were things which weren't working right despite being brand new.

Back to the G90. My mother-in-law is on her second or third G90 lease now. She loves the thing and I'm really impressed by the car. The only thing which bugs me about it is the seats. They sit a little low for a big sedan and they don't have the longer thigh support I've become used to in German cars. This seems to be an Asian car design trend and isn't exclusive to Hyndai. At least in our Toyota, it has power thigh extensions which make it a bit more comfortable.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

10. Likes DETAILROOKIE, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I’d still take Toyota/Lexus reliability long term over any other brand.

12. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dudley07726 View Post
    I’d still take a Toyota/Lexus reliability long term over any other brand.
    Lexus top luxury, Toyota top mass market. Wonder if same will be said in three years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

U.S. to probe thousands of fires connected to Kia, Hyundai vehicles
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The top U.S. auto safety regulator said on Monday it will open an investigation into 3 million Hyundai Motor Co and Kia Motors Corp vehicles after reviewing reports of more than 3,000 fires that injured over 100 people.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said the investigation is in response to a petition seeking a probe filed in June by the Center for Auto Safety. The auto safety agency since 2007 has been investigating some Hyundai and Kia vehicles for fire risks. The South Korean automakers have recalled more than 2.3 million vehicles since 2015 to address various engine fire risks.

The probe covers the 2011-2014 Kia Optima and Sorento; and 2010-2015 Kia Soul, along with the 2011-2014 Hyundai Sonata and Santa Fe.

Hyundai said in a statement it was cooperating and added it has been in "frequent, open and transparent dialogue regarding non-collision engine fires."

Kia said it will continue to work with NHTSA and "openly shares information and data with NHTSA on all matters pertaining to vehicle safety."

NHTSA said the decision to initiate the probe was based on its analysis of information received from multiple manufacturers, consumer complaints and other sources. The agency said prior Kia and Hyundai vehicle recalls covered by the probe are primarily related to engine fires the new probe "is not limited to engine components and may cover additional vehicle systems or components."

Jason Levine, executive director of the Center for Auto Safety, said it was "long past time for the full power of the federal government to be brought to bear to answer why so many thousands of Kia and Hyundai vehicles have been involved in non-crash fires."

He added he hoped the probe will quickly lead to new recalls. "The evidence is now clear — Hyundai and Kia should have acted to recall these vehicles far earlier," he said.

Last month, Connecticut Attorney General William Tong said a group of U.S. states is investigating Hyundai and Kia for potential unfair and deceptive acts related to reports of hundreds of vehicle fires.

In November, Reuters reported federal prosecutors had launched a criminal investigation into Hyundai and Kia to determine if vehicle recalls linked to engine defects had been conducted properly.

In January, the automakers agreed to offer software upgrades for 3.7 million vehicles not being recalled.

A South Korean whistleblower in 2016 reported concerns to NHTSA, which has been probing the timeliness of three U.S. recalls and whether they covered enough vehicles.

In 2015, Hyundai recalled 470,000 U.S. Sonata sedans, saying engine failure would result in a vehicle stall, increasing the risk of a crash. At the time, Kia did not recall its vehicles, which share the same “Theta II” engines.

In March 2017, Hyundai expanded its original U.S. recall to 572,000 Sonata and Santa Fe Sport vehicles with those Theta II engines, citing the same issue involving manufacturing debris. On the same day, Kia also recalled 618,000 Optima, Sorento and Sportage vehicles, all of which use the same engine.

(Reporting by David Shepardson; editing by Bill Berkrot and Lisa Shumaker)

Post Thanks / Like

unfortunately, there are issues with ALL auto manufacturers (some more than others). no pointing fingers, it happens sometimes.. how they handle/correct the situation is what makes the difference...

another example.. newly released 2019 corolla hatchback... also, toyota/lexus having brake issues as well...
    Toyota Corolla Hatchback Recalled - Consumer Reports

16. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast