autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My Rupes DIED!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Rupes DIED!!

I had great service with them today. It was under warranty, so they paid for shipping it back to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, SWETM, TTQ B4U, JKDesign, dlc95 and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prin View Post
    I had great service with them today. It was under warranty, so they paid for shipping it back to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    See world class service lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    See world class service lol.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or you just really, really like Rupes service for whatever reason. When they come close to Griot's Garage service, then they can begin to be called world class, and that includes a lifetime warranty.

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or you just really, really like Rupes service for whatever reason. When they come close to Griot's Garage service, then they can begin to be called world class, and that includes a lifetime warranty.
    Lifetime warranty mmmmmmm. I would need to see the fine print on that before commenting. No sarcasm. My sarcasm usually is followed by a meme. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what you find world class about the shortest warranty on the market and no local shops to do it. If your tool needs service, you have to ship it at great expense (at least here in Canada) and pay for the repair... let's face it, no tool will fail within a year unless they have a manufacturer's issue. Good tools usually have much longer warranty, Griot's Garage is of course the best exemple.

I really hope Rupes will change this in the future. Despite the fact I love their tools, the lack of support means I cannot justify buying an other one.

8. Likes PaulMys, RZJZA80 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s like an iPhone right on par for new release of the next flagship product

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Not sure what you find world class about the shortest warranty on the market and no local shops to do it. If your tool needs service, you have to ship it at great expense (at least here in Canada) and pay for the repair... let's face it, no tool will fail within a year unless they have a manufacturer's issue. Good tools usually have much longer warranty, Griot's Garage is of course the best exemple.

I really hope Rupes will change this in the future. Despite the fact I love their tools, the lack of support means I cannot justify buying an other one.
    Well...this might come off jerkish. It's all in how you take care your item. Personally I don't really care too much for the warranty one because I take care my polishers and never had to worry about a warranty. I've never had any issues with polishers I've owned. If it were to break I would just throw it in the trash and buy a new one.....side note so...you can have the best "warranty" but have sh**** customer service so.... does that still put you in the class of world class? If you build it right you don't have to worry about selling a "limited" lifetime warranty. Only polisher I had a issue with was the 3401 flex after I found out it was used then dealing with the manufacturer for selling a used polisher as new but everyone chooses differently. So I won't knock it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    Well...this might come off jerkish. It's all in how you take care your item. Personally I don't really care too much for the warranty one because I take care my polishers and never had to worry about a warranty. I've never had any issues with polishers I've owned. If it were to break I would just throw it in the trash and buy a new one.....side note so...you can have the best "warranty" but have sh**** customer service so.... does that still put you in the class of world class? If you build it right you don't have to worry about selling a "limited" lifetime warranty. Only polisher I had a issue with was the 3401 flex after I found out it was used then dealing with the manufacturer for selling a used polisher as new but everyone chooses differently. So I won't knock it.

Some polishers will break no matter how you take care of them. There have been a lot of complaints about the reliability of Rupes, even after only a couple uses, and with a pricetag of over $400 it is not something you can just "throw in the garbage."

I had issues with my G15 a year after purchasing it, and they mailed me a new one after I mailed them my old one, no questions asked. Like others have said, their customer service is top notch, not so much with Rupes according to some.

People value different aspects of a company, but I value customer service and warranty. If a company believes in their products, why not offer a longer warranty? You may think it is not a big deal since you can just throw it away if it breaks, but most of us work hard for our money and don't want to waste it on an inferior product or support a company that doesnt support their customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    Some polishers will break no matter how you take care of them. There have been a lot of complaints about the reliability of Rupes, even after only a couple uses, and with a pricetag of over $400 it is not something you can just "throw in the garbage."

I had issues with my G15 a year after purchasing it, and they mailed me a new one after I mailed them my old one, no questions asked. Like others have said, their customer service is top notch, not so much with Rupes according to some.

People value different aspects of a company, but I value customer service and warranty. If a company believes in their products, why not offer a longer warranty? You may think it is not a big deal since you can just throw it away if it breaks, but most of us work hard for our money and don't want to waste it on an inferior product or support a company that doesnt support their customers.

That's why I said jerkish. I'm speaking for myself. I've had polisher for years with no worries but not everyone is so lucky. I clean all polishers weekly and so does the workers. So when it does for me I personally just throw it in the trash and buy something new. It takes more than just the warranty for me. That lifetime thing is just marketing at it's best. Griots polishers are made in other countries for cheap and sold in the states. So you better offer some type of incentive. Rupes makes their own polishers in house. Each polisher is tested for hours before it's put up for sale. It's like comparing a chevy to a lambo.

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes has great customer service. I own 7 Rupes tools and have never had a problem with any of them that was not taken care of very professionally. I would not hesitate to buy another Rupes tool. You have to remember it’s a machine and machines fail. Rupes stands behind their machines and repairs them here in the USA. How many other manufacturers can say they make and repair their machines in the USA? I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Rupes is the only one. It means a lot to me that Rupes actually manufactures stuff here in the US, pays taxes here, and provides jobs for Americans. Anyone can spec a polisher from China and slap their name on it, but it takes guts and money to R&D and manufacturer a polisher in the US. I’m not knocking Griots, Adams, CG, and others who buy inexpensive polishers as it makes detailing less expensive, but let’s give Rupes kudos for improving their products with their own workers and technicians instead of outsourcing their products. Ok I’m off my soapbox.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast