autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any recommendations on applying M37 paint coating V2?

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    Thanks. I'd assume that if you can top it pretty much immediately , then the coating has cured pretty much 100% right? When I was applying it it still baffles my mind that it's pretty much a wipe on wipe off and it still forms a layer...
    Apparently the 10MPS is a coating lite so they share many ingredients. So I think for that reason it doesn’t hurt the coating but something in it must cause it to cure faster since the Sealant was made to be WOWA. Hopefully Nick will see this and give us more details.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but I mean the coating, how it is pretty much wipe on a few times in cross hatch and then buff off completely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    Yeah but I mean the coating, how it is pretty much wipe on a few times in cross hatch and then buff off completely.
    I guess every coating can be different with flash times. Gyeon Mohs and CSL are similar, very little wait between wipe on and wipe off. I guess it can vary with air temp and humidity too.
    Bruno Soares

4. Likes MrOneEyedBoh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Yeah, I’d say if you can’t use it within 3 months you’ll waste the rest of the bottle. It cures very fast in the bottle after opened.
    I have transferred the coating into plastic bottle droppers, and stored in the fridge, since I don't have that many cars to coat. This is from last summer.

I will be breaking it out this spring, to recoat two cars I did a while ago (need to do some swirl correcting).

As far as I can tell, storing it in tight sealing plastic bottles, and the fridge, semm to have stopped the gelling issue, which happened on my first bottle. I have also done this with my wheel coating.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ejaf View Post
    I have transferred the coating into plastic bottle droppers, and stored in the fridge, since I don't have that many cars to coat. This is from last summer.

I will be breaking it out this spring, to recoat two cars I did a while ago (need to do some swirl correcting).

As far as I can tell, storing it in tight sealing plastic bottles, and the fridge, semm to have stopped the gelling issue, which happened on my first bottle. I have also done this with my wheel coating.

Eric
    I hope it works well. If it gets too hard to wipe off when you go to coat the car, that shows it's already curing even though it's not gelled up. So you may want to have a backup plan in case that happens right when you start coating.
    Bruno Soares

7. Thanks ejaf thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I hope it works well. If it gets too hard to wipe off when you go to coat the car, that shows it's already curing even though it's not gelled up. So you may want to have a backup plan in case that happens right when you start coating.
    gotcha.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    That sounds like a good idea. How much are you paying for these?
    Sorry I just saw this...

I ordered a bunch of them (like 50) off of fleabay a year ago...can't remember which ones specifically, but can search my order history if you are interested...just PM me.

Eric

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123