autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: GG6 or GG3

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

GG6 or GG3

I am a new painter and just moving over from rotary buffing to DA. I will be working on soft fresh paint just to remove trash and dust nibs 95% of the time. I have the Rupes 21 for large surfaces. I am looking at either the GG3 or the GG6 with a 3" pad conversion for tighter curved and small panels. Which would you suggest? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GG6 or GG3

I have both of them, and I would suggest the GG6 for the extra power. The GG3 seems to be underpowered, in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

3. Likes Blaster1422 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

GG6 or GG3

I love the 3” for machine sanding with three “ discs.

I use it with the 3” and 2” backing plates with thin pads and have great results doing defect removal.

5. Thanks Blaster1422 thanked for this post
    Likes Blaster1422, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The 3 inch is smaller machine in size. Also when putting 3” on gg6 looks like shroud overhangs. Don’t own just saw in pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes Blaster1422 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have both and they are equally used. If only wanting to do smaller areas and touch-up spots the GG3 with either the 3-in or 2-in setup is great. If you watch some of the Chicago Auto Pro videos you will see them using the 3-in in several shots.

9. Likes Blaster1422, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i have both and use both all the time, the GG3 gets used more on bumpers and pillars, the GG6 I have the weighted plate for the 3inch conversion for when and its a big when more power is needed but the GG3 with the correct pads and products can correct just fine.

11. Likes Blaster1422, dlc95, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get the GG6 and convert the GG6 to a 3" DA. Very easy to do. I had the GG3 and donated it to a fellow AGO member. Not to bash the GG3 but it runs very hot, it's very loud and very weak in terms of power. I know there are many other people that will disagree with me, however, if you are looking for 1 DA the GG is the way to go and convert it to 3" when you need a 3" DA.6
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

The Harbor Freight DA has the tightest shroud compared to the GG6 and the PC if you're looking for the most clearance. It's cheap and has plenty of power. The newest version has a smaller more slender body now.

My GG3 is permanently a GG2.

I use a HF with the GG 3" HD backing plate for when I want 8mm throw.

I use a PC with a 4" backing plate because I like 4" pads still and love using the 4" B&S pads on my Festool RO 90 DX Rotex. Its like a mini 3401 that totally kicks ass on bumpers with 4" pads. Pricey but check it out. Flex never came out with the smaller version.

My GG6 is for 5.5" pads. I just got one of those GG 5" vented BP. I really like it.

14. Likes Blaster1422, WaxMaster1 liked this post

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.