autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints

To add to the library of incredible paint restorations benefiting from this method, I'll submit my shot at this. Here are some before and afters of my 1970 Nova with single stage paint.

I documented the process in the following thread:
    Newbie single stage paint restoration

I want to extend a huge thank you to Mike for sharing this knowledge. I continue to enjoy the results of reconditioning my paint 6 months later and I look forward to building on the work.

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints

Wow!

Just checked the stats on this and way over a half million views!

Only interesting because if you're reading this right now... chances are the car you drive has a basecoat/clearcoat finish, NOT a single stage finish.

So if most people don't own a car with single stage paint, (they want to restore), then who the heck are all these people reading this article?

4. Likes SWETM, Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there a lot of classic cars out there that many would like to restore the original paint as much as possible. As a decent paint job is very expensive and there is a will to have the original paint left on the vehicals.

Would be interesting to hear how much #7 you at autogeek sells. If it's most reading or if the readers buying it.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Great article (still) Mike! I read it when I was working on a 1918 White truck. It was not original paint, so #7 was not the answer, but I have some in my arsenal just in case!

Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

#7 has been discontinued in Australia, Meguiar’s AUS mentioned this was happening in the US too.

True or false?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post

#7 has been discontinued in Australia, Meguiar’s AUS mentioned this was happening in the US too.

True or false?

Have not heard this?

I'll check. If true, anyone that thinks they will ever want this product should purchase a couple bottles and store them away.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post

True or false?

False.

#7 continues to be made.

The distributor in any country can choose what products they carry in their inventory or choose not to carry. Could be government intrusion for import issues but I doubt that's the case with bringing #7 into Australia as it's a low solvent and probably no solvent product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    False.

#7 continues to be made.

The distributor in any country can choose what products they carry in their inventory or choose not to carry. Could be government intrusion for import issues but I doubt that's the case with bringing #7 into Australia as it's a low solvent and probably no solvent product.

Love your work.

Meguiars Australia telling porkie pies.

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast