autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 119 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1969109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1230
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coated my tires today and WOW,

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    I have been looking for that answer, thank you.
    Awful painful it is 5 Xs the cost of TW.
    One of these days someone is going to post about the new Optimum Tire Coating--I'm not sure what the original price was on the TW (I only bought it later when it had already been discontinued) but the Optimum has the best price point of any coating currently out there, at least on an ounce-for-ounce basis. List price is $16 for 8 oz and $50 for 32 oz; I imagine it should be here in the AG store soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    This is a good time to tell me and everyone else here why your so gruff all the time? This way people don't have to drop me a PM about it all the time.
    Aw, come on, Eldo is Eldo, to know him is to love him!

2. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Is Black Pearl the name of the company or the product? Just wondering... might give it a shot.
    Check your 2nd PM Monica Coated my tires today and WOW,

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Thanks DetailKitty thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Is Black Pearl the name of the company or the product? Just wondering... might give it a shot.

If you wanna test drive some, shoot me a PM. I have a few bottles and could send you a few ounces. I never used the TW product but I’ve been using BP for years and it has never let me down.

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    If you wanna test drive some, shoot me a PM. I have a few bottles and could send you a few ounces. I never used the TW product but I’ve been using BP for years and it has never let me down.
    Thx! I may take you up on that... the TW stuff I use is almost gone and I can't seem to find anyone who sells it anymore.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

8. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading all these current posts in here has no one tried the Mckees? Is it crummy or decent

I still have TW haven’t used it in a while and looked at black pearl years ago never bought it. They used to recommend cleaning with a product called Omni clean first that still apply ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Coated my tires today and WOW,

This is a good time to tell me and everyone else here why your so gruff all the time? This way people don't have to drop me a PM about it all the time. you seriously need to throttle back your comments and their tone!
    1st of all I’m not gruff, nor am I picking on you. I can’t help but find this somewhat funny because things or better yet the “tone” here is Nothing compared to some other places... Here, I’ll give you an example: Let me start off that at the end of the day I happen to find alot of humor in these next examples, but if you want to get an idea of what “gruff” is really like, then have a look at this from another forum I frequent where the talk is strictly cars.

I found this post from another user absolutely hilarious. Why? Because his recommendation about having “thick skin” on that forum is a huge understatement. Lol. If you think I’m being too hard on you here... Oh boy I dunno what you’d do over on that forum.Coated my tires today and WOW,lol.

People get ripped to shreds for the littlest things over there. Lol. The moderators are older dudes and they can be a bit stern in all aspects. They know their chit, they won’t put up with anything that’s wrong and that means everything. You mess around and post a typo you can bet to get your arse chewed out. Lol. If you think I don’t like losing arguments here... This next screenshot should give you an idea of how it goes trying to argue with 1 of the main guys over there. LOL! My tone is nothing compared to some real “tone”
    Those dudes on on a whole nother level of “tone”Coated my tires today and WOW,

Consider yourself lucky that you’re not over there because they eat some people alive over there.Coated my tires today and WOW,lol.

I seriously get chewed out for posting too many pictures. Can you imagine that? This next screenshot shows 1 of the moderators upset with me because I posted too many pics... Oh btw I thought the pics would make him happy since they’re pics of his kind of car. Boy was I Wrong!Coated my tires today and WOW,lol.

But don’t get me wrong, I respect the hell out of the main guys and moderators over there because they just are how they are but more importantly they know their chit for real and even if you tried to argue you’d lose. But the cool thing is that they could rip you a new arsehole in 1 thread, and the next day/thread it’s like it never happened! Thick skin for sure. No crybabies over there. Most importantly, I find humor in it.

Between hammering someone who dares to pre-foam a dirty car which I know is really dumb to this and countless other confrontations makes me wonder what your really doing here!
    I don’t even remember the details regarding that discussion about foam, but I do know it wasn’t a big deal. I’m surprised that’s still on your mind.

Cmon bro, you said you’re from “Chicago” lol.

I guess it all depends where your from with how you react to things, born and raised in Detroit and now in Chicagoland for the past 8 years, neither are a soft city.

Soft is soft, period.
    I’m not “gruff”, I just talk too much... I guess that’s my fault because I just say what’s on my mind and sometimes it comes out the wrong way. Coated my tires today and WOW,

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Reading all these current posts in here has no one tried the Mckees? Is it crummy or decent

I still have TW haven’t used it in a while and looked at black pearl years ago never bought it. They used to recommend cleaning with a product called Omni clean first that still apply ?

When using TW or Black Pearl I would just use the soap from the carwash or some tire cleaner, generally without agitation, wipe dry and apply later after some air drying.

Mckee's is good stuff too but Black Pearl and TW have that dye in it, some witchcraft in those bottles.

13. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm from the D, I just happen to live in Chicago...for the recordCoated my tires today and WOW,

15. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    One of these days someone is going to post about the new Optimum Tire Coating--I'm not sure what the original price was on the TW (I only bought it later when it had already been discontinued) but the Optimum has the best price point of any coating currently out there, at least on an ounce-for-ounce basis. List price is $16 for 8 oz and $50 for 32 oz; I imagine it should be here in the AG store soon.

Aw, come on, Eldo is Eldo, to know him is to love him!
    Tac systems tire coat is 24$ for 16 oz. weather hasn’t permitted trying it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post

I haven’t used the TW but have used both versions of McKee’s. Looks pretty good and lasts about 4-6 months. Black Pearl on the other hand looks amazing and has lasted over a year on many different vehicles. The tire cleaners I use are McKee’s and Omni Clean. Typically try to stay synergistic when coating tires.

18. Thanks Klasse Act, MattPersman, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 119 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1969109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123 LastLast