autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother’s CMX is here!

As promised here is a quick walk around of the car, you can see the bug splatter trails as well in a few places on the hood as the water left streak trails.

YouTube

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Diner, DetailZeus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    As promised here is a quick walk around of the car, you can see the bug splatter trails as well in a few places on the hood as the water left streak trails.

YouTube
    So what's your overall arching opinion of it?

Mine changed after the first wash. Fresh it went on great and stood up to rain just fine. Took it through a touchless wash like I do most of the time with our other vehicles and with those that have TRUE coatings on them, the water beads tight like day one. Granted these are higher end coatings but still.

With CMX it performed more like a typical sealant than a coating. I took it through yesterday and then rinseless washed the truck in my garge and applied a third layer. Time will tell. I'm okay with it acting like a sealant for the price and ease of use but that's the category it's standing in now. I'm not much for spray on sealants to say if others are better. That said, PNS is still something I may end up applying to it next.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

4. Likes Klasse Act, Diner, PaulMys, SWETM, Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a drying aid kinda guy, I get so busy that I basically live by touchless washes and then I'll do a throughout cleaning maybe every quarter. So I coat them for the best UV protection and then when I do hand wash I using a drying aid and I think CMX and HCW will for the bill great. I normally use PNS which is stronger and beads better and does act as close to a coating as a sealant can get.

For customers I think HCW is the easiest and best choice for a hand wash and drying aid. Easy to apply, great shine, nice beading, keeps the car clean, windows repel water, and hopefully last at least 3 months

Post Thanks / Like

So this car made the trip with me, it's a Dodge caravan, the fender has IGL poly Coating on it and the bumper has cancoat. Cancoat has been on there for 2 months o believe and Poly has been on there for 3 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

So it didn’t even make it though the 1st wash? Mmm...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    So what's your overall arching opinion of it?

Mine changed after the first wash. Fresh it went on great and stood up to rain just fine. Took it through a touchless wash like I do most of the time with our other vehicles and with those that have TRUE coatings on them, the water beads tight like day one. Granted these are higher end coatings but still.

With CMX it performed more like a typical sealant than a coating. I took it through yesterday and then rinseless washed the truck in my garge and applied a third layer. Time will tell. I'm okay with it acting like a sealant for the price and ease of use but that's the category it's standing in now. I'm not much for spray on sealants to say if others are better. That said, PNS is still something I may end up applying to it next.

Interesting, is it possible theres some surfactants left from the wash that's inhibiting the behavior?

I just went through a touchless and my PNS is still beading on my half panoramic roof and windshield I applied to. I'm planning on using N914 at panel wipe dilution and applying half CMX and PNS to roof, hood and rear windshield.

I have had some touchless leave behind the wax or rainx they apply and make water behavior change until after a couple of rain showers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Interesting, is it possible theres some surfactants left from the wash that's inhibiting the behavior?

I just went through a touchless and my PNS is still beading on my half panoramic roof and windshield I applied to. I'm planning on using N914 at panel wipe dilution and applying half CMX and PNS to roof, hood and rear windshield.

I have had some touchless leave behind the wax or rainx they apply and make water behavior change until after a couple of rain showers.
    Not likely as I took both cars there regularly and never have issues. It's just the difference in CMX versus GYEON products

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Not likely as I took both cars there regularly and never have issues. It's just the difference in CMX versus GYEON products

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Ok thank you. I just finished doing my car. Did half in PNS and half in CMX. Will start a new durability thread.

CMX does go on easy and easy to remove. Left surface slick. Hoping to try it out in snow and rain tomorrow

11. Thanks Cruzscarwash thanked for this post
    Likes Cruzscarwash, TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Applied a second coat of CMX. It will be raining all week next week, so let see how the water acts. It will be sitting in the garage until Monday.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast