autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

I’m tryin to look at the darkened paint but all I can see is all that ankle dorsiflexion you got going on.

Is that heel on the ground? Are you gumby?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

CMX to the left, CanCoat on the right. Will put another coat of each on tomorrow and let this thing go forth into the NE Ohio winter. Maintenance going forward for the foreseeable future will be, well...none. Maybe a touchless tunnel wash just for giggles. Not gonna throw acid, APC or oil or anything else at it...just gonna leave it to it`s own devices out there in the wild.

Edit: Hood was prepped and polished as would be normal for any coating application.

Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING-cmx-jpg

3. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Likes KBsToy, Cruzscarwash, Rmd, DetailZeus, SWETM and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    CMX to the left, CanCoat on the right. Will put another coat of each on tomorrow and let this thing go forth into the NE Ohio winter. Maintenance going forward for the foreseeable future will be, well...none. Maybe a touchless tunnel wash just for giggles. Not gonna throw acid, APC or oil or anything else at it...just gonna leave it to it`s own devices out there in the wild.

Edit: Hood was prepped and polished as would be normal for any coating application.

What I like real world testing

Post Thanks / Like

interested to see that tape line color difference

6. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    What I like real world testing
    Otherwise known as 'Lazy Guy Testing'.

Post Thanks / Like

Otherwise known as 'Lazy Guy Testing'.
    I wouldn't say that at all, most of my testing it set it and forget it, because that real. its what 99% of us are going to go through. I tried the chemical test and it was really just a waste of time and I really didn't get anything out of it. "wow break cleaner removed all the sealant!!!!, guess ill never driver though a touchless brake cleaner wash again" I mean come on its not real I understand knowing limits but to say, I applied product X that is supposed to stand up to PH of 9 and last 6 months and I wash with a PH of 4 and it last 3 months that tells me something

9. Likes jolo, BudgetPlan1, Vegas1, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to updates, thanks.

Lakeland -Tampa - St Pete - Clearwater - Sarasota
    Boats / Auto / Trucks / RVs
    863-738-8336 Follow us on Instagram

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    I wouldn't say that at all, most of my testing it set it and forget it, because that real. its what 99% of us are going to go through. I tried the chemical test and it was really just a waste of time and I really didn't get anything out of it. "wow break cleaner removed all the sealant!!!!, guess ill never driver though a touchless brake cleaner wash again" I mean come on its not real I understand knowing limits but to say, I applied product X that is supposed to stand up to PH of 9 and last 6 months and I wash with a PH of 4 and it last 3 months that tells me something
    I like your approach.

What people fail to realise is that a PH neutral wash doesn’t neutralise the ph of your paint or coating. It is itself ph neutral.

So applying an acid or alkali may result in the chemical reaction continuing after rinsing or washing if it isn’t neutralised.

This can lead to an effect some refer to as ‘masking’ and what most you tubers experience when they spray a product like an iron remover, rinse and observe the reduced hydrophobicity. And also why a good rewash will ‘restore’ the coating.

12. Thanks Mgavin1985 thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1, KBsToy, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys like that megs cwax and mother’s Cmx have a thicker than the other toppers. I like that they aren’t thin and runny. Cancoat even though it was thin you knew from that distinctive smell and flashing you were dealing with a coating product.

Post Thanks / Like

I received my bottle yesterday but and did the hood on my Hyundai Kona and it came out Amazing Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATINGMother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING . Going out today and to finish the vehicle !

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

15. Thanks 392hemi thanked for this post
    Likes acuRAS82, SWETM, 392hemi liked this post
Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast