autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Quote Originally Posted by Rrthomas78 View Post
    I also used it today and I'm not really that impressed for one my trigger was horrible I got more product on my fingers then my truck. 2nd the gloss isn't there wetcoat and hydro blue top this no question. 3rd I tried to use the $5 rebate today and the website is a dud. I kind of wish I had my $12 back

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I had the same issue with product leaking down the trigger, got a replacement bottle and it was wrapped in a clear when I opened up the box and guess what...blue goo all over the top of the bag. I took and pic and sent it to where I bought it from and they credited my account, so I bought the just released 303 Touchless Sealant with the credit, with money left over, so i bought some tire applicators that have a case to but the applicator in!

I'm probably just going to use this to coat my wheels, I found a quality sprayer to put it in and had no issues during the test phase, so should make a decent enough boost for my rims, nice try Mequiars, maybe spend a dollar more on the sprayers, might make some money next time around.

This opens the door for Mother's and their CMX to come in and make a great first impression with a new product, atleast the application is different too.

Oh and btw, the rebate didn't work for me either, failMeguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rrthomas78 View Post
    I also used it today and I'm not really that impressed for one my trigger was horrible I got more product on my fingers then my truck. 2nd the gloss isn't there wetcoat and hydro blue top this no question. 3rd I tried to use the $5 rebate today and the website is a dud. I kind of wish I had my $12 back

yeah im not impressed by it. what impressed me was it was said you can put it over everything. will see how it performs but i already dont like how it feels. not nearly as slick as powerlock. to make things worse i bought 2. i never had a problem with the sprayer as i sprayed it into the microfiber pad with it pretty much up to the tip and touching it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I had the same issue with product leaking down the trigger, got a replacement bottle and it was wrapped in a clear when I opened up the box and guess what...blue goo all over the top of the bag. I took and pic and sent it to where I bought it from and they credited my account, so I bought the just released 303 Touchless Sealant with the credit, with money left over, so i bought some tire applicators that have a case to but the applicator in!

I'm probably just going to use this to coat my wheels, I found a quality sprayer to put it in and had no issues during the test phase, so should make a decent enough boost for my rims, nice try Mequiars, maybe spend a dollar more on the sprayers, might make some money next time around.

This opens the door for Mother's and their CMX to come in and make a great first impression with a new product, atleast the application is different too.

Oh and btw, the rebate didn't work for me either, failMeguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'm looking forward to the cmx from mother's I will definitely try that. I read alot about the problems of the Meg's hcw sprayers leaking and I thought it was due to shipping but I bought mine brick and mortar. Seems like they have an issue. I will use this up but I'm sure I will transfer bottles

Post Thanks / Like

Mine came from Amazon with zero leaks and the trigger is fine. Also, the hydrophobic properties are better than any similar product out there.
    I don't understand why people put CMX in the same category as this? Application is completely different.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

5. Likes cwilliams4296 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Mine came from Amazon with zero leaks and the trigger is fine. Also, the hydrophobic properties are better than any similar product out there.
    I don't understand why people put CMX in the same category as this? Application is completely different.

I said wetcoat and hydro blue top this. Same application

Post Thanks / Like

my sprayer seemed to be a stream and i dont think it leaked. i think i prefer a spray pattern. with a stream everything goes into one area and i figure id want it to coat as much area as possible. ill probably use it for wheels too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Will see how they hold up after the dust settles .
    Should be interesting in 4 months or so when the winter-cursed part of the country starts using the latest darlings. Various spray coatings, Beadmaker...'tis a fickle crowd sometimes. Looks like this product may already be staggering, albeit in a very limited sample.

9. Likes KBsToy, rlmccarty2000, arthuruscg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The early results sound about split 50-50 which is not a good sign. If Geeks are not getting great results what happens when Bubba picks up a bottle and sprays his semi-clean pickup truck? This product may be discontinued quicker than D114. Consumer type products have to be idiot proof. I’ll pick up a few bottles from the discount bin.

The market for spray on rinse off (SORO) is saturated. 303 may be too late to the party, although only two will be sold in auto parts stores, so it might be ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Scott from Dallas Paint Correction claims Meg's Ceramic has no Si02 in it, or less than 2%.

'03 Corvette Z06

12. Thanks Maxreed241 thanked for this post
    Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Scott from Dallas Paint Correction claims Meg's Ceramic has no Si02 in it, or less than 2%.

i just used it on the wheels of 3 cars. i really cant tell if it is doing anything. but i did put it on my chrome bumper and it looks to be beading up quite a bit.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast