autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

Please keep in mind coming up with a method of cleaning towels isn't simply finding a way that works for 1 person.

We have to consider water hardness (since it varies by area of the country), washer type (front load/top load/HE), detergent and more. What works in Huntington Beach CA may not work in Huntington Station NY. There are literally hundreds of variables that have to be tested. That's why it takes months.

Yes, we've been working on it. Believe it or not, it takes quite a while. You think locally, we have to think globally.

Imagine the beating we'd take on this forum if we gave a suggested cleaning routine and it didn't work - that's why, with all due respect, it's not done yet.

And don't even get me started on dryers.

2. Thanks Diner, rlmccarty2000, Cruzscarwash, drabon74 thanked for this post
    Likes Rsurfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    warm water with an extra rinse cycle and into the dryer on the lowest heat setting. been doing this for years with great results...
    Me too, until I started playing with these new SiO2 sprays. I dry on the delicate setting and I make sure to wipe down the dryer drum before drying. I had hoped I could get my towels back to accepting water if I washed a few more times with hot water trying to remove the SiO2/polymers but no luck. I can still use them for compound/polish removal, but not for QD, risnseless, or waterless jobs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    While I haven't experimented with any of this new generation of SIO2 spray waxes, I've found soaking my MF towels after applying CanCoat has prevented them from becoming hydrophobic or crusty/hard.

Before I start the application I fill a small bucket with water and drop in a small measure of APC. The minute I finish with a towel I'll dunk it in the bucket and it will stay there for the day. The towels then go from the bucket to the washing machine. So far, I've been able to do multiple applications with the same set of towels. I don't have many, so I have to make them last as long as possible.
    I am in the process of testing different solutions for the ceramic kiss of death and whilst I’m still going, there is conclusive evidence that APC only mildly reduces the effects of ceramic on towels (softening), it doesn’t remove it sufficiently for reuse. ONR does nothing (sorry Optimum). The best results so far are d-limonene based products which stop the hardening process and allow the fabric to wash back to a perceivable ‘normal’.

Testing has been done using a full ceramic and applying directly, there is something to be said about lite ceramic products and towels only exposed to levelling and wipe of, but I tend to err on the side of caution so go with what stops the ceramic from hardening.

5. Thanks drabon74 thanked for this post
    Likes Cruzscarwash, ollever liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm don't count on the APC doing much, but I through it in there for good measure. My guess, so far, is by keeping the towels wet, the product never dries and therefore disolves in the bucket. Since this product seems to be a coating "lite" type of product like CanCoat, I thought it was worth mentioning based on my success so far.

I wouldn't try the method I provided with a longer lasting, more traditional coating. I'll throw away the suede application swatches.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I'm don't count on the APC doing much, but I through it in there for good measure. My guess, so far, is by keeping the towels wet, the product never dries and therefore disolves in the bucket. Since this product seems to be a coating "lite" type of product like CanCoat, I thought it was worth mentioning based on my success so far.

I wouldn't try the method I provided with a longer lasting, more traditional coating. I'll throw away the suede application swatches.
    Simply keeping it wet doesn’t suffice with sio2. It will still harden, albeit slower. In my experience, the detergents in towel wash solution won’t break down the sio2.

Post Thanks / Like

Is today the ship date for CMX?

Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

Some are shipping today, the rest Monday.

We have thousands of cases in stock - pix to come.

10. Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post
    Likes yakky, Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a recommended “use by” or expiration date on this? Will it be sold in larger sizes eventually (i.e. 32oz or gal)?

Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no expiration date. Longevity will be best if stored in temperate conditions. We may have larger sizes (gallons?) available eventually, but it won't be for a while, if at all.
    Last edited by forrest@mothers; 01-25-2019 at 05:16 PM.

13. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forrest@mothers View Post
    Some are shipping today, the rest Monday.

We have thousands of cases in stock - pix to come.
    So where can I buy it? I can't find it on any site?

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast