autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Tesla Tractor is real

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Who’s “he”?
    Probably Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla...and the Boring Company, Space X, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by chet31 View Post
    With the cars, they have automated battery swap stations. You're low on juice, you drive to a station over over a pad covering an underground mechanism. The mechanism pulls your low battery out and replaces it with a charged battery. You drive off with a freshly charged battery, your low battery starts being charged for the next person. Supposedly happens faster than it takes to fill your car with gas. I would think they would do the same thing with these trucks.
    Battery Swap Event | Tesla
    If they mount the battery packs low on the sides of the truck frame similar to where the gas tanks sit today, I bet it would be even easier/faster that what is required for a car.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Likes Aaryn NZ, dcjredline liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Probably Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla...and the Boring Company, Space X, etc...
    So he does all the work by himself? Seems like the people at Tesla are the most under appreciated employees on earth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    I don’t care what engineers say, weight matters when you hit a hill. Electric or not I don’t seen them maintaining highway speed uphill. The annoying fart sounds is only the guys who put bigger exhaust on the truck and run a full straight pipe. It’s like a Cummins driver in a pickup lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tesla says that under full load these trucks will be able to maintain uphill speeds of 65mph. According to them, other trucks are capable of a max of 45mph. I guess we'll have to wait and see if this is all true.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

So he does all the work by himself? Seems like the people at Tesla are the most under appreciated employees on earth.
    By all accounts most of the companies successes were his ideas and in the early days he did invest quite a bit of money to get things going. As CEO it's his company to run and he sets the vision, direction, and directs how the company is run. Prior to his arrival they were a shadow of the company they are today. I do think Tesla employees are under appreciated from the standpoint they have found ways to make some of Elon's wild ideas actually become a reality. I do think Elon would be more successful at Tesla if he could find a few experienced auto industy execs willing to work with him. It might have saved him some of the issues they've faced in the early production stages of each model. The problem is most likely finding experience auto industry leaders willing to adapt to the unconventional Tesla ways.

6. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have nothing against that man or the vehicles that company produces, I just wish he wouldn’t have named it Tesla. Nikola Tesla’s work and inventions have been raped and discredited enough throughout history, and here we go again with this car company using his name for monetary gain as if its so trendy... People seem to love him so much he should just name it Elon. I wonder what kind of effect that would have..

Post Thanks / Like

I have nothing against that man or the vehicles that company produces, I just wish he wouldn’t have named it Tesla. Nikola Tesla’s work and inventions have been raped and discredited enough throughout history, and here we go again with this car company using his name for monetary gain as if its so trendy... People seem to love him so much he should just name it Elon. I wonder what kind of effect that would have..
    He didn't found the company and came in later so the company brand had already established itself. Since Tesla is now a globally known brand and has been from quite some time, re-branding would be a bad idea. It would be like renaming Coke, Apple or Amazon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    He didn't found the company and came in later so the company brand had already established itself. Since Tesla is now a globally known brand and has been from quite some time, re-branding would be a bad idea. It would be like renaming Coke, Apple or Amazon.
    I wasn’t aware of that... So it really isn’t his birth child after all? That makes the whole “worship” even worse.The Tesla Tractor is reallol. j/k

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shower View Post
    where exactly this happens btw?
    Oakland, California

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, lets give everyone a participation trophy. They do a job they get a check. Would you be happier if I found the names of every employee and gave them each credit for their part? The CEO is the "face" of the company so I just used him to simplify things. LOL OMG take it easy
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Yeah, lets give everyone a participation trophy. They do a job they get a check. Would you be happier if I found the names of every employee and gave them each credit for their part? The CEO is the "face" of the company so I just used him to simplify things. LOL OMG take it easy
    Just imagine if I said “I can’t wait till Mary Barra makes all of GM’s vehicles emission free and shows Tesla how electric cars are supposed to be made”... How dumb would that sound?The Tesla Tractor is real

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast