autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Tesla Tractor is real

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Without the trailer they can do 0-60 in 5s. That's crazy fast for a truck.
    Can't wait to see these trucks crush the souls of the ricer racers with their fart cans and 8 second plus 0-60 times.

2. Likes minerigger, dcjredline liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post
    Can't wait to see these trucks crush the souls of the ricer racers with their fart cans and 8 second plus 0-60 times.
    Huh? A ricer racer?

4. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely positively the most hideous thing on earth equipped with wheels. I want to see them gross 80k and pull a 6% grade for 15min. That would be impressive if they can still get 500 miles. How long does it take to charge that ungodly set of batteries after it is drained? Can only imagine a truck stop not wanting to incorporate that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

@ minerigger - Apparently they had 50k in the trailers and pulled em from a dead stop like nothing I’ve seen before.

7. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What Tesla should do, is what Chevy wanted to do with the original design of the Volt: An electric car with an onboard generator to feed the battery. This concept is super efficient compared to a regular engine or purelly electric car. On a big rig like that it would allow for almost unlimited range and lower fuel cost as well as emissions.

Plenty of benefits to having electrical drive, I hope Tesla finds a way to make this work. is 500 miles enough? Seems like the battery would be dead before you reached your destination in many cases. Probably ok for short distance runs but for cross country shipping, I don't see how that could work. Truckers often do 12 hours plus of driving in a day, that's more than 500 miles.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Cool!

Thanks for posting this up Brother! Man, I know I don't get out much but until this thread I had ni idea Tesla was even thinking of this. Funky lookin' beasts, kinda ugly but pretty darn cool at the same time. I like the smoothness in design. Very cool. 500 miles is almost half the length of my country so they'd be fine here. 0 to 60 in 5!!!! Nice!!!

Cool post - thanks for sharing Don!

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

10. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Absolutely positively the most hideous thing on earth equipped with wheels. I want to see them gross 80k and pull a 6% grade for 15min. That would be impressive if they can still get 500 miles. How long does it take to charge that ungodly set of batteries after it is drained? Can only imagine a truck stop not wanting to incorporate that

You mean at 25mph with their flashers on like a regular truck? Hills don't really matter with electric. The other side is downhill and the energy is put back into the battery instead of making annoying fart sounds going down.

12. Likes dcjredline, Brandon Wetch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Huh? A ricer racer?
    You're not one of those guys with a huge wing and more noise than go are you? If so, you now know what you are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post
    You mean at 25mph with their flashers on like a regular truck? Hills don't really matter with electric. The other side is downhill and the energy is put back into the battery instead of making annoying fart sounds going down.
    I don’t care what engineers say, weight matters when you hit a hill. Electric or not I don’t seen them maintaining highway speed uphill. The annoying fart sounds is only the guys who put bigger exhaust on the truck and run a full straight pipe. It’s like a Cummins driver in a pickup lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    @ minerigger - Apparently they had 50k in the trailers and pulled em from a dead stop like nothing I’ve seen before.
    That's the beauty of electric motors. The full torque potential of the motor is available instantly at 0 RPM and it never tapers off. I totally flat torque curve. As long as the batter can deliver a full charge to the motor, the motor will produce it's max torque. Many people don't realize this which is what makes those Tesla vs. XXXXX drag race videos all over YouTube so dumb. They will distroy just about any gas powered vehicle on the road simply because of the way the electric motors deliver their power to the wheels. There is a reason Chevy now has an electric motor for their "Copo" drag Cameros. I'm not a Tesla or electric car junkie but I do appreciate the technology behind the power trains and understand it's capabilities.

I see this current version of the truck being a great idea for short-haul or local trucking firms. The range isn't there yet for the serious long haul stuff, and I could see long grades over mountains and cold weather wreaking havoc on the range. I'm really surprised they went right for the semi-trailer market and didn't start with slightly smaller two and three axle good delivery trucks which would be better suited based on range.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

16. Likes fly07sti, Aaryn NZ liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast