autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by gspam1 View Post
    Is Beadmaker the slickest sealant? Of the ones I tested here, yes. Here’s where I see the benefit of slickness is: Suppose you were a famous YouTube personality and your work or home was constantly ringed by protestors upset at your latest video. With Beadmaker on your car, you could drive through the mass of protestors, and they would slide off the car without sticking.
    Hahahha that was a good one! You made me laugh! Thanks for sharing your experience by the way. You went to some extremes in your testing, it was an interesting read for sure.

Gyeon Cure is 34.99 for 400mL (13.5 oz) and Bead Maker is 10.99$ for 16 oz. Except for the initial application where you need quite a bit of Bead Maker, following maintenance washes require very little, so in the long run Bead Maker is very economical given you couldn't tell the difference in gloss and that it does deliver in slickness in your opinion too.

I like silica spray sealants from reputable coating companies like CarPro Reload, Kamikaze Over Coat, and Gyeon Cure (although I tend to dilute Cure 1:1 with water as it streaks more than Reload at full strength in my tests). But for me, in my world, in my tests, Bead Maker still managed to outperform them in categories that meant the most to me: gloss (to my eyes, not to a gloss meter, as sometimes perceived gloss is different than measured gloss, even if a gloss meter tells you a product should be glossier than an other, if it doesn't translate in real world terms through your eyes, it's meaningless in my opinion) and slickness for me, again for me, is awesome. In the products I have tested (and if you follow my channel, you know I have access to sooooooo many products) I haven't felt something slicker. Long term durability is meaningless to me, as I reapply toppers every 2nd or 3rd wash, I love overkill. Plus for long term durability, I have three base layers (2 CQuartz UK 3.0 coats and 1 Gliss coat).

But I'm not sold to one company. If I ever discover something better, I'll jump to that new product. That's how I am, constantly in search of the best in a given category. Not the best that others say, the best for me, after I test it.

Thanks for sharing and also, thanks for your support!

2. Thanks Klasse Act, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If used as a stand alone does it actual protect from UV and contamination?

We know OCW has patented UV protection. And we know Mckees fast wax is a copy of that product. 303 also claims it which we mostly would trust too

Many others just say “polymer protection “ or similar wording

Most sprays seem best as toppers in general but certainly for the person on these forums with several wash episodes a month these could be used as a stand alone. So that comes to question how much protection will beadmaker provide or will you be relying on the cars clearcoat for all your UV protection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

24 hour Update after Beadmaker Application:

It's been almost 24 hours and wanted to do a quick update on the look and feel of Beadmaker after it has had time to cure. The finish is just as slick as it was upon application. The finish is very glossy with an almost "candy" type look to it and very crisp. For those who were dedicated Zaino users I would compare to the look to multiple coats of Z5. My Dodge Ram is white so as you know making white "pop" can be a challenge.

Sidenote: I did go out with my girlfriend last night and she did provide an unsolicited comment stating "what did you use on the truck? It looks really good". Go Figure !!!

I will continue to use Beadmaker in my detailing arsenal. For the price, ease of application, and results it's tough to beat.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

5. Thanks VitreousHumor, Diner, Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It'll be interesting to see how well it protects in addition to the aesthetic and application advantages. How will it fare when a bird leaves a gift on the hood early in the morning on what turns out to be a hot, summer day? Rain drops/water beads that sit on the hood in a similar scenario.

The 'ol "Z-Products" were relatively easy to apply (albeit more akin to dedicated sealant application) and left a look many liked but when it came to protection, well, "No Mas..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    And we know Mckees fast wax is a copy of that product.
    How do we know this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    How do we know this?
    I have a hard time believing it’s the same product considering Optimum Spray Wax is patented.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I have a hard time believing it’s the same product considering Optimum Spray Wax is patented.
    While it is certainly not the same product, Nick holds OCW in high regard and has stated it was the standard used in developing Fast Wax

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    If used as a stand alone does it actual protect from UV and contamination?
    Absolutely. After my talk with Dave Phillips, chemist at P&S, there are UV inhibitors built-in.

11. Thanks MattPersman thanked for this post
    Likes Oz_TCH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw Mothers spray ceramic coating on DI site

Here we go

Post Thanks / Like

I washed my car Monday, 3 days after applying Beadmaker and did a WGU RW using the GD method. While pre-treating each panel with my 1000 ml Kwazer, the beads were so small and tight that it threw me off. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a fresh application but the wash and especially the drying, with my Griot's 16 X 16 PFM, was VERY easy!

Friday will be a pre-wash and 2BM so yet another review coming, stay "tuned"Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast