autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Sorry, can't help you with that even though I'm into phones. Serious question, if someone follows a good maintenance regiment like you do, do you have to worry about rust at all?

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    Sorry, can't help you with that even though I'm into phones. Serious question, if someone follows a good maintenance regiment like you do, do you have to worry about rust at all?

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk
    The bottom of my car is probably crusty, unlike people's cars outside of the snow belt. Ever since I got the Worx hydroshot I've been rinsing the bottom of the car but salt is salt.

Thank you for the compliment, I make a real commitment to keep my car up, as you can see, it's a true DD.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes minerigger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I've NEVER messed with the settings on my phone when posting pics but this ONE time I did.

The 1st pic is a setting simply called AUTO, the 2nd pic just says NO EFFECT, the one I posted earlier.

So my question is this, for you guys who know about effects, what's the difference between AUTO and NO EFFECTS? Is one more natural or what?

Now you can say one pic is with bead maker and one is without and you’ll help them sell it like hot cakes.
    Bruno Soares

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Now you can say one pic is with bead maker and one is without and you’ll help them sell it like hot cakes.
    Post of the year, I actually laughed out loud, seriouslyVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

Any other comments on Bead Maker?

8. Likes FUNX650 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My truck was looking rough from all of the rain/winter weather up here in Pa. So i took the time to wash it yesterday and the hydrophobic properties seemed to come right back. Not that they were fully diminished anyway. But after a quick wash, it's just like the day I applied a single coat of BM. I'm at week 3 with it being applied to my truck fyi.

10. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Rsurfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is my mini review of PS Beadmaker. For the record I have been part of the detailing forums since they were created as far back as 1998. I have been a moderator on just about every detailing forum and have tested and used just about every product out there. I have been a tester for several of the product lines and my car (black Nissan 350z) is actually on the bottle of the Ultima product line. Most people know that if I try your product and it sucks I am going to tell you. If it's great I am going to tell you that as well. I have been detailing since I was a teenager and have had a detailing business for about 15 years.

I decided to buy into the Beadmaker hype and purchased a gallon on one of the recent Cyber sales. Today was about 60 degrees and I spent the day cleaning my Dodge Ram 1500 which was in some need of serious TLC. It was the perfect opportunity to test Beadmaker. I applied per the stated directions with two towels and applied heavy for an initial application.

Is this the slickest product I have ever used?
    No-The product is extremely slick upon application and is very easy to use. I had no issues with streaking at all and by the end of going around my truck my application towel was pretty saturated. I do feel that there are other SIO2 spray sealants that are just as slick. I don't agree with the internet hype about the "orgasmic" reactions that people say that they experience after touching there paint upon an application of Beadmaker. The product was extremely slick. However, the price point and ease of application makes this product excel.

Was the product glossy?

Yes...Beadmaker was extremely glossy and I am looking forward to see how it looks after it has an opportunity to cure.

Was Beadmaker easy to use on other surfaces?
    Yes..I applied Beadmaker to some of my interior surfaces, wheels and glass. My application towel became very saturated so it was easy to wipe down the glass and use less product. I look forward to see how Beadmaker performs on glass in the rain. Beadmaker was very easy to use on the wheels and wiped off easily with no streaking.

Will I purchase Beadmaker again?
    Yes...I am glad I purchased the gallon and will continue to use the product. The product is easy to use, smells great, and is priced very well. I was a big fan on Megs D156 but if this has greater longevity I can see myself using Beadmaker as a replacement. I do feel there is some "over hype" to Beadmaker. Don't get me wrong it is a fantastic product but as with a lot of products these days the internet, forums, and You Tube tend to make claims on products that don't end up being true.

In conclusion if you are looking for a very nice spray sealant that smells great, looks fantastic, and is very economical then I recommend giving Beadmaker a try.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

12. Thanks Diner, JustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, The Guz, MadMerc, fries, PearTree and 5 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well said, very well said ^^^^^

Post Thanks / Like

P&S Beadmaker test – long post.

My small bottle of Beadmaker arrived and I wanted to have the same orgasmic experience as the detailers on YouTube. For the record, I am a big fan of Pan the Organizer and the guys at TRC, their videos and production qualities are first class. That said, I’ve watched Prosperity Televangelists who showed less excitement about the Almighty showering you with riches than detailers waxing on (pun intended) about Beadmaker.

So here was the test I did. I do not claim this to be definitive in any way, merely what I could devise without too much time or trouble on my part. My 2018 Ford Transit Connect has been polished and coated with Gyeon Can Coat some months ago. I apply Gyeon Cure about every 4 weeks. For this test, I used Optimum Power-Clean at 3 to 1 on my hood twice, to remove any remaining sealant. Optimum states that Power-Clean will remove sealants, and it does so in my experience as well.

I then sectioned off the hood into four quadrants. Panel A was the Can Coat only control panel, Panel B had Beadmaker applied, Panel C was Gyeon Cure, and Panel D was Optimum Hyper-Seal. I used new and washed micro-fiber towels (TRC Eagle Edgeless) for application and buffing. I have a lot of experience with applying Cure and Hyper-Seal but my first time with Beadmaker. I used one spray for Hyper-Seal, two sprays for Cure and 10 sprays for Beadmaker. Beadmaker was running off the car. These were all applied in my garage which was 63 degrees.
    I waited 8 hours and then took a reading with a cheap gloss meter I bought off Amazon for this test. 60 degree meter. Remember the sealants are being applied over the CanCoat coating. Here are the results. By the way, I laboriously "space bared" all the charts below into even columns but the Forum software took all the spaces out. Sorry for the formatting.

Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.-sealant-test-3-5-jpg

Gloss Meter
    Reading CanCoat Beadmaker Cure Hyper-Seal
    1 92.3 92.4 90.7 96.0
    2 93.8 90.7 90.7 94.7
    3 92.9 92.1 92.6 93.0
    Average 93.0 91.7 91.3 94.6
    Median 93.0 91.9 91.0 94.6

All the panels looked equally glossy to both my wife and me.

I left the van in the garage and did not drive it after applying the sealants. On Monday morning I drove to work and got ten volunteers to complete a survey. The test was blind, they did not know the name of the products and the panels were labeled A-D. They were rating the panels from 1 to 4 (1 being best) and could give the same score to more than one panel. For example, one person scored them all a 1. All of the 10 people said they looked identical, so I handed out a Scan Grip light and they went way overboard examining each panel. I thought they took this way too seriously �� Here are the results of their survey. They were not allowed to share answers.

Gloss Survey

CanCoat Beadmaker Cure Hyper-Seal
    1 1 2 4 3
    2 3 1 2 4
    3 2 1 3 4
    4 3 2 1 4
    5 2 1 3 4
    6 2 1 3 4
    7 4 1 2 3
    8 3 1 4 2
    9 1 1 1 1
    10 3 2 1 4
    Avg 2.4 1.3 2.4 3.3
    Median 2.5 1.0 2.5 4.0

Slickness Survey

CanCoat Beadmaker Cure Hyper-Seal
    1 4 2 1 3
    2 3 1 2 4
    3 3 1 2 4
    4 3 2 1 4
    5 3 1 2 4
    6 2 1 3 4
    7 4 1 2 3
    8 3 1 2 4
    9 3 1 2 4
    10 3 2 1 4
    Avg 3.1 1.3 1.8 3.8
    Median 3.0 1.0 2.0 4.0

I did the obligatory water test after work, and my wife and I both selected Gyeon Cure and Beadmaker as the clear winners in water run off speed. They were identical in performance as best we could tell.

For ease of application, I would give the nod to Hyper-Seal because one spray and then a second pass to buff, and you’re done. Gyeon Cure came in second, because it takes a bit more buffing, and Beadmaker definitely required more buffing to eliminate streaking given all the product being used.

Some time ago, when I switched from Hyper-Seal and Opti-Seal to Gyeon Cure, I noticed the better water behavior immediately. Using my blower, I could push the water off the van much faster and easier with Cure. The obligatory beading picture below.

Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.-bead-collage-2-jpg

My final test is next week when I wash, because I applied Beadmaker to the roof of the van. Beadmaker did feel the slickest to me, but I don’t know whether that translates to better water behavior or not. Being a horizontal surface, it takes more work to blow the water off the roof. If Beadmaker makes that easier than Cure, that would be valuable to me. That said, blowing the hood dry after the water test, they both performed identically.

I haven't tested for durability which would be critical for many, but not me, because I find it easy to apply sealant every month or so.

Here are my final thoughts. Does Beadmaker provide the most gloss of any sealant? Arguable, but there was no practical difference between any of them. Is Beadmaker the slickest sealant? Of the ones I tested here, yes. Here’s where I see the benefit of slickness is: Suppose you were a famous YouTube personality and your work or home was constantly ringed by protestors upset at your latest video. With Beadmaker on your car, you could drive through the mass of protestors, and they would slide off the car without sticking. I don’t have that problem, but good to know there is a solution out there for it.

Is Beadmaker a great product. Yes. Is it life-changing? Not in my humble opinion. Will I switch from Cure? Probably not, we'll see what happens with the roof test. I'm going to spray it on my coated tires too, and see if it adds gloss. It's cheap enough that soaking a tire would be practical, whereas that would take a fortune in Hyper-Seal or Cure.

15. Thanks Diner, KBsToy, BudgetPlan1, acuRAS82, JustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes Oz_TCH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your time and independent review......

Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast