autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 19 of 1202 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829691195191019 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Got my worx hydroshot in today. I let the battery charge for about 4 hours and then filled up a bucket with some water to play with it.

I’m a lot more impressed with the little thing than I thought I would be. I got the 40v/4amp version. The pressure is a lot better than I thought it would be, and on 15 degrees is actually strong enough to sting my fingers from about 12” away from the tip.

The 40 and 25 degree settings would be more than adequate for a general rinse, I think. If there’s some stubborn debris, the 15 degree setting would probably be able to break it loose.

My primary use for this is during the winter/early spring months to clean my wheels and tires, because if I’m not cleaning the barrel I feel like I may as well not even bother. I think it’ll be perfect for that.

My secondary plan is to run rinseless solution through it. I want to mix up a bucket and use the hydroshot to presoak my car. If I like doing that/it works the way I think it will, I’ll use this basically year round. Maybe not every rinseless, but I do presoak more often than I don’t, so I’d potentially be using it often.

Definitely unimpressive, but an example of something I wanted it for:

My girlfriends car got stuck in the mud recently, so her tires were caked with dirt. While I was messing around, I decided to spray a section of one. Seems like a real simple thing, but when you turn your hose off for the better part of 4-5 months out of the year, it’s not easy to do this kind of stuff, and I’m pretty unwilling to drive to a coin op place to do this kind of thing (not sure why - I just adamantly oppose doing so.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes SWETM, Klasse Act, UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Finick! Does your your battery have the little gauge on it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Congrats Finick! Does your your battery have the little gauge on it?

It sure does.

5. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    It sure does.

Good idea to get a back up battery, cheap knock off ones are about $20 while an OEM, longer life one can be anywhere from $75-100What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Good idea to get a back up battery, cheap knock off ones are about $20 while an OEM, longer life one can be anywhere from $75-100What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I’ll keep that in mind. I’m gonna wait and use it for a little while before I spring for another battery.

I had planned on going out today and cleaning up my tires/wheels but it’s 40 and the winds whipping at like 20mph, so yknow... maybe I still will What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

8. Likes Klasse Act, Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post

Got my worx hydroshot in today. I let the battery charge for about 4 hours and then filled up a bucket with some water to play with it.

I’m a lot more impressed with the little thing than I thought I would be. I got the 40v/4amp version. The pressure is a lot better than I thought it would be, and on 15 degrees is actually strong enough to sting my fingers from about 12” away from the tip.

The 40 and 25 degree settings would be more than adequate for a general rinse, I think. If there’s some stubborn debris, the 15 degree setting would probably be able to break it loose.

My primary use for this is during the winter/early spring months to clean my wheels and tires, because if I’m not cleaning the barrel I feel like I may as well not even bother. I think it’ll be perfect for that.

My secondary plan is to run rinseless solution through it. I want to mix up a bucket and use the hydroshot to presoak my car. If I like doing that/it works the way I think it will, I’ll use this basically year round. Maybe not every rinseless, but I do presoak more often than I don’t, so I’d potentially be using it often.

Definitely unimpressive, but an example of something I wanted it for:

My girlfriends car got stuck in the mud recently, so her tires were caked with dirt. While I was messing around, I decided to spray a section of one. Seems like a real simple thing, but when you turn your hose off for the better part of 4-5 months out of the year, it’s not easy to do this kind of stuff, and I’m pretty unwilling to drive to a coin op place to do this kind of thing (not sure why - I just adamantly oppose doing so.)

The Worx Hydroshot is not a substitute for a pressure washer but I use mine quote often and I love it. It is part of my traveling detail kit when I am on the road. I can usually find an exterior water source at any hotel where I am staying and I fill up a couple of buckets. The spare battery is definitely a good idea. The standard battery is 2.0 Ah. You can get the longer lasting 4.0 Ah battery on Amazon.

10. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    The Worx Hydroshot is not a substitute for a pressure washer but I use mine quote often and I love it. It is part of my traveling detail kit when I am on the road. I can usually find an exterior water source at any hotel where I am staying and I fill up a couple of buckets. The spare battery is definitely a good idea. The standard battery is 2.0 Ah. You can get the longer lasting 4.0 Ah battery on Amazon.
    Yeah I definitely didn’t intend for it to be as powerful or as capable as a dedicated pressure washer. I think that’s part of the reason why I was actually surprised at the pressure it provides. I had set the bar pretty low in my mind.

I got the 40v/4amp unit that’s on their website.

As someone with abysmal water pressure, this thing definitely has much more pressure than my garden hose. I can’t imagine the kind of pressure the people who give it negative reviews

Post Thanks / Like

I received 1 of 2 packages today and decided to try out the free BF rinseless wash that was included. I've been using Meguiar's rinse free express wash and wax (D115) for the better part of two years as a waterless wash in 1 gallon sprayer. After using the BF, I don't think it would force me to change my washing process. I used the BF as a two bucket wash, briefly appreciated the results, and then went behind it and used the Meguiar's as a QD.

I realize the two are quite different but if I'm washing, I would rather do it bucket- less and I would reach for the Megs over the BF.

The second order contains a sample of McKee's waterless wash. I will use it next time.

All in all, it was a good day for washing here in sunny FL.

13. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I took the cover off my drivers side seatbelt in order to be able to clean all the gunk surrounding it.

Before:

After:

Put it back together.

Found this grime hiding deep in the seat.

Cleaned it.

I used the McKee’s Headlight Coating for the 1st time today to coat my headlights. I also used it to coat my pillars, and next I used it to coat the wood trim inside my car. But 1st it needed to be polished.

Before:

After: [Ultimate Compound by hand]

I polished it once more with M205, then coated it with the McKee’s Headlight Coating. These are a few shots of the final results.

I think it turned out pretty good.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

I would’ve never thought to use a headlight product on the interior of a car. I’m still doing it old school with KAIO followed by a carnauba. I’ll keep the headlight product tip in mind now.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

16. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 19 of 1202 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829691195191019 ... LastLast