autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is excited to get M110/210?

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Sometimes gray if really beat up fleet vehicle. Does some great work but pads wear a bit quickly. Orange for a little less cut when I'm using Flex out of preference and I wanna use a SMAT liquid.

Nice that the LC Force Hybrids are relatively cheap.
    Thanks!

I thought they were just about average. I haven't bought the Force pads yet. Still using up the "old" Hybrids

2. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Thanks!

I thought they were just about average. I haven't bought the Force pads yet. Still using up the "old" Hybrids
    The Hybrid Force pads are great on the Flex! The orange cuts just fine when compounding and makes for an easy polishing step with a white or black pad. The grey pad I've used on really, really bad panels (like on a black Charger hood that a rental company repainted on the cheap) and it finishes down pretty far to boot. They also run cooler, from my subjective observation, than the original Hybrid pads.

One of the biggest benefits I enjoy is that the Force pads are bigger than the old Hybrid pads, so one doesn't need to use the old backing plate for five-inch pads. I remember I was working on a '66 Charger in 2016 and using the five-inch Hybrid pads. On the passenger door or maybe the quarter panel, on speed four or five on my Flex 3401, the backing plate disintegrated and flew pieces of plastic shrapnel all over the place.

Thankfully the car was fine and my face and arms didn't get hit by little plastic daggers. Autogeek overnighted a replacement backing plate to me, but I had to finish that job with my Griot's G15 and Flex PE-80. With the Force pads this is a non-issue because the 5.5-inch pads and backing plate work perfectly.

4. Likes BudgetPlan1, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I had my first trial with 110 today. Worked on medium paint. This stuff cut super fast and finished amazingly well. Dark maroon paint with some serious swirls. Ended up with 98% correction and a flawless finish. On this one instance I can say it is D300 on some massive steroids. More paint systems and time will be needed to really be more conclusive. Looking forward to how it treats soft pain.
    Jim

6. Thanks JustJesus, Diner, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, Goonie75, dlc95, mbkite, JustJesus and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is very exciting observations. I would like to try it after my 105 and 205 is gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Used it today as well. Just to fix a hood where the bug deflector came off while driving down the road. Worked amazing IMO.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Likes JustJesus, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    So I had my first trial with 110 today. Worked on medium paint. This stuff cut super fast and finished amazingly well. Dark maroon paint with some serious swirls. Ended up with 98% correction and a flawless finish. On this one instance I can say it is D300 on some massive steroids. More paint systems and time will be needed to really be more conclusive. Looking forward to how it treats soft pain.
    Sounds like a good compound. I will ask you the same question about dusting?

Quote Originally Posted by Goonie75 View Post
    Used it today as well. Just to fix a hood where the bug deflector came off while driving down the road. Worked amazing IMO.

Any dusting with M110?

11. Likes JustJesus, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Sounds like a good compound. I will ask you the same question about dusting?

Any dusting with M110?
    Minimal. Less for sure than 105. None really. I was under a time limit with this SUV so I couldn't clean as usual the pad... Boss micro... switched to new instead but otherwise was nice. 2-3 passes with medium pressure. 2-3 with easy passes.

Wiped super easy and 210 was easier than that.... was a real pleasure for sure. Stronger than D300 IMO. But also different chemistry I think.

Wont be disappointed.

13. Thanks The Guz, Diner, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, osiapstndp, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got very few specks of dusting. I would basically consider it none. Definitely on par or better than compounds I like for no to little dusting. The few specks I got may have been my technique(using too much or too little product) only my first run with it.
    Jim

15. Thanks The Guz, Diner, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, minerigger, dlc95, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am eager to see it being tested against other products. From what I have seen, M110 will be very similar to D300. I love D300 so I may switch, it will depend if it can outperform it and if price is better. Right now I am paying 150 CAN$ a gallon for D300, prices I heard from SEMA seems to be in the same ballpark for M110.

As for M210, I will very likelly switch when I am done with my current gallon of M205. I have never had any problems with M205 but since M210 is a improvement on it, I see no reason to keep using older technology. I don't use M205 for it's cutting, so the fact M210 has a little less cut doesn't bother me.

17. Likes Goonie75, Maxreed241, Dereksdtail liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goonie75 View Post

Was that m110 and m210?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast