autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New car and moving from Zaino to Ceramic

Nothing wrong with using Zaino if you are used to it. But seeing you ordered UK 3.0 you need to follow what others say about prep. It’s different than your past zaino which is a “sealant” with them using the name “polish” just like Duragloss does.

A polish is technically something that has some form of abrasive technology in it.

Something like carpro essence (not essence +) or carpro reflect can be used to remove the previous product and prepare the cquartz UK 3.0 for application.

It still requires much maintenance but the overall “film” so to say that is applied is more substantial than Zaino sealant. It will be easier to wash and clean. Maybe not that much really but some everyone’s opinion is different

You will still get everyday marring, scratches, door dings etc. and it’s more work to reapply a coating 6 months or a year from now. I know they want you to believe it’s some force field but it really isn’t

You will need to use a tar remover and or iron remover as maintenance on the coating after winter and periodically to keep the hydrophobic and dirt shedding properties going unless you want to buy into the topper products all the time which then you are just seeing their actual properties and not the coating any more

Lots to think about

As you see there are pluses and minuses of each

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. From all the posts, sounds like I’m good with my original plan. Here’s what I’m specifically planning now.

A. Wash down with Reset
    B. Iron X
    C. Clay Bar.
    D. M205 Polish with Blue LC pad
    E. Eraser wipe down
    F. Apply 2 x CQuarts UK 3.0
    G.Apply Reload

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a plan. Might want to do 2 wipe downs with several towels of eraser as 205 has a lot of residual IMO

You don’t have to do reload unless you may see rain on the car with in a few days. It’s to protect against water spots. I find the cleaning effect of the coating is better than reload so I don’t personally like to top them with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Sounds like a plan. Might want to do 2 wipe downs with several towels of eraser as 205 has a lot of residual IMO

You don’t have to do reload unless you may see rain on the car with in a few days. It’s to protect against water spots. I find the cleaning effect of the coating is better than reload so I don’t personally like to top them with it
    Thanks. I may hold off on the reload then as it will be in the garage and I can leave it in there as long as needed.

5. Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you plan on ceramic coating your new car wait 90 days. Could get by with 60 but 90 accounts for any respray areas that might have been done at the factory.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
    If you plan on ceramic coating your new car wait 90 days. Could get by with 60 but 90 accounts for any respray areas that might have been done at the factory.
    Should you wait 90 days to put a wax or sealant on a new car also?

Your rationale seems unreasonable.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Not necessary for a new car as the paint process is different compared to a respray. The op is good to go with coating his brand new car.

9. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I coated my new car 2 weeks after it was delivered to dealer, no worries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Not necessary for a new car as the paint process is different compared to a respray. The op is good to go with coating his brand new car.
    I hadn’t even thought about this, but one wrinkle. When I took delivery I noted a chip in the passenger door jam. Looked like someone had closed door with seatbelt in the jam and chipped door and door jam right on the edge between jam and exterior panel.

Dealer said they would address it. When I picked it up, it looked like new, and they said they had to actually take door, and rear quarter panel off and paint to ensure perfect blend. That was just a week ago and the whole process only took them 48h.

When I asked about washing, they said no issue, good to go. I didn’t ask about polish, ceramic etc.

Maybe I should wait? No harm as apparently I have “amazing resistall” dealer add-on that talks more about warranty claims than what their product does.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12