autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Struggling to get customers

Hi all, I've been running my detailing business part time since April this year but I'm finding it very hard to get customers.
    I've had a fair few jobs, gained good reviews etc but theres no consistency in the work.
    I'm currently using Facebook ads, posting on social media groups, flyers and posters.

How long did it take you to start gaining customers, should I be seeing more work come in by now? I feel the quality of my work is definitely up to the standards of other detailers in my area. My Instagram business account is kernowshinedetailing if anyone wanted to see.

Website is Car Detailer Gold Coast | Queensland | Kernow Shine Auto Detailing

Based in Australia

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Struggling to get customers

Quote Originally Posted by Kial91 View Post
    I feel the quality of my work is definitely up to the standards of other detailers in my area.

Thanks
    A: It takes some time

B: Don't judge on other detailers' standards, exceed their quality and do better work.
    Jim

3. Thanks DetailedByPrecision thanked for this post
    Likes JustJesus, Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here’s a bandaid for you mate...

This bro has been left hanging for ages
    Kamikaze Coating - Gold Coast - Car Detailing Forum & Community Australia - Detail Paradise

Super Member DetailedByPrecision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The work stops coming in once the fb ads stop. Its sort of a machine where you have the consistently feed it type of situation which does not work out in the long run.

I would shift the focus onto making your yelp page as good as possible. And work on your google my business listing. Both yelp and google will bring you much more renevue and exposure than fb organically without paying.

You can be the best detailer in your area, but its useless if no one knows who you are. Work on your exposure logistics first to bring in customers. That should be your main focus for now.

Click on image to view work

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been doing daily posts, used to get a lot of people messaging me but only a few ended up actually purchasing. Now like no one messages me.
    I'll take your advice though and try work on the exposure etc
    Thanks

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Not currently offering coatings as a service. Thanks though

Post Thanks / Like

Struggling to get customers

Quote Originally Posted by Kial91 View Post
    Not currently offering coatings as a service. Thanks though
    Call him up, say yes, learn how, then do the gig.

If you’re a detailer worth their salt then you’ll do a top job.

Adapt to the market. Ceramic coatings will make you more money than detailing alone.

Newbie Member StartAutoDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How many cars have you detailed per month since starting in April?
    How many of the customers have you reached back out to to follow up for their next detail? Follow up with the two who wrote your google reviews and facebook page, especially since they were pleased with your work, and offer them discounts for referring new clients your way.
    Have you suggested a maintenance plan to any of your customers or thought about offering it?
    Have you contacted any business parks in your area? Local gyms? etc.

I looked through your website and saw a few things that could be updated and changed to be a little clearer and more SEO-friendly. I tried to search on google for "car detailing Gold Coast Queensland" and "car detailing Gold Coast" but your listing did not show up in either google places or the first 3 pages of the google search engine results page. Searches for these terms have 1K – 10K a month, if you can get onto the first page of google results page and local google places you will be in a good spot to get more prospective clients.

I would recommend you look into Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in order to bring in more clients who are naturally searching for auto detailing in Gold Coast.

Start your Auto Detailing Business Today!
    https://www.startautodetailing.com

10. Likes JustJesus, DetailedByPrecision liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I get most of my customer business through word of mouth and do this part time. Doing this part time I really only like to take a few cars a month and usually bigger correcting jobs. However, i think a lot of the way to get customers could still be the same whether doing it part time or full time depending on how busy you want to be.

To insure you are getting web traffic as mentioned utilize SEO, Facebook, Instagram, Yelp, Google to help promote your brand. A blog attached to your site is also a good way to build your online presence and you can write small articles and share your work through the blog. This will help with your web presence quite a lot. My only issue with Yelp is that they will nag you with phone calls to get you on a paid marketing/ boosting plan. I know people who do it and get results and then the moment they stop paying their results decrease.

To the point of web traffic you also want a way to capture leads that visit your site that you then have the opportunity to turn into clients. So having a web page is great but being able to capture leads is even better and is what converts to $$$. Email subscription with a 10% off a detail service or a free gift for signing up to receive a newsletter. It may seem gimmicky but it works. You are now creating a target list of potential clients you can begin reaching out to through email and sending them examples of your work when you turn that car around and make it look amazing. Share that work with your leads and current customers.

Referral programs with existing customers is a nice way to bring in additional/ new business. You can determine what works best from an incentive. Giving them a discount % off next service or a small gift if they bring you a new customer. Whatever you think would work best.

Hit the car shows, auto expo's etc. and promote yourself. Sometimes you have to do grass roots style marketing to bring in the right customers. Get flyers and business cards printed of your before/ after work and the services you offer and hand them out and talk to people. You never know you may just meet some people who are very interested and looking for someone. If they have the car there take a look at it and do the free consultation and tell them how you can help bring their vehicle to the next level with your skill set.

The key is to consistently keep promoting yourself so your target customers do not forget who you are. Everybody has their day to day lives which are filled with tons of things and usually having the car detailed is the last thing someone may think about but that does not mean they do not need the service. It just may not be at the fore front of their minds at the time. You have to keep reminding people you are out there and ready to serve them in a detailing capacity.

Another thing I noticed on your site is that you accept cash only. You may want to look into Paypal/Venmo as options of payment unless when you say cash you also mean cash apps. Try to make it convenient for your customers to pay you.
    Raydiant Reflections Auto Detailing
    Website
    Facebook

12. Likes DetailedByPrecision, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention referrals through local businesses is a great way as well. I saw you have a "Recommended Service Partners" on your site which is a great way to promote local businesses around you. You should be ensuring they are doing the same for you. Hit up the local shops and show them your work. Keep flyers and business cards with them and ask them to help promote you to their customers for detailing.
    Raydiant Reflections Auto Detailing
    Website
    Facebook

14. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast