autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: 3D ONE Hybrid Cutting Compound and Finishing Polish

Quote Originally Posted by Rmd View Post
    I got very, very minimal dusting using it this weekend. It didn’t dry out, and it was maybe 85 in the garage, no humidity. What was most impressive was the ease of wipe off, which is a factor to me. I hate fighting with polish to remove. I used the dark purple cutting, and light purple polish pads from HD, a eurofiber, and a LC orange. All worked well. I was impressed, will keep using.
    after the LC orange did you think it needed a fine polish or would it be ready for LSP?
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

After weeks of getting my garage finished up, i finally got to test 3D One on a truck last night. I was contacted by 3D about a month ago asking if I wanted to test out this product and give some feedback. I got the truck washed and prepped as usual. Dried it off and pulled into the garage. After finally getting the truck under the lights, i then noticed how badly it was scratched. The truck has been used as a field/trail vehicle since new and it definitely showed. I did't waste time and got right to it. I grabbed my Rupes Mille and a B&S Low Pro maroon pad. Primed the pad with 4 drops of 3D One and got right to work. I did a test spot on the front fender which seemed to be the worst panel on the truck. Speed setting 5 on the Mille with slow arm-movement, 5 passes later and it looked better than new. One wiped off effortlessly with my 380 GSM low pile towels. I got out the swirl finding light and there wasnt anything to be seen but perfection. I continued down the entire passenger side of the truck in no time at all. 3D One is definitely a game changer. It cuts as hard as an aggressive compound and finishes down like the best of polishes. It also decreased my total time-on-panel while buffing which in return means more money in my pocket. It left no micro marring whatsoever and was LSP ready. I'm a huge fan and will be buying stock in this stuff. 3D knocked it out of the park on this one!

3. Thanks dwaleke, Rmd thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheelplayr5 View Post
    After weeks of getting my garage finished up, i finally got to test 3D One on a truck last night. I was contacted by 3D about a month ago asking if I wanted to test out this product and give some feedback. I got the truck washed and prepped as usual. Dried it off and pulled into the garage. After finally getting the truck under the lights, i then noticed how badly it was scratched. The truck has been used as a field/trail vehicle since new and it definitely showed. I did't waste time and got right to it. I grabbed my Rupes Mille and a B&S Low Pro maroon pad. Primed the pad with 4 drops of 3D One and got right to work. I did a test spot on the front fender which seemed to be the worst panel on the truck. Speed setting 5 on the Mille with slow arm-movement, 5 passes later and it looked better than new. One wiped off effortlessly with my 380 GSM low pile towels. I got out the swirl finding light and there wasnt anything to be seen but perfection. I continued down the entire passenger side of the truck in no time at all. 3D One is definitely a game changer. It cuts as hard as an aggressive compound and finishes down like the best of polishes. It also decreased my total time-on-panel while buffing which in return means more money in my pocket. It left no micro marring whatsoever and was LSP ready. I'm a huge fan and will be buying stock in this stuff. 3D knocked it out of the park on this one!
    got any 50/50 shots?

Post Thanks / Like

I do not. Sadly, the truck is silver so it's hard to pick up defects on my phone camera. I have another truck coming later in the week that is black so ill be able to report back then with some pictures and add to my initial review. But on this Toyota clear coat, its fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like

finishes down like the best of polishes.
    I wouldn't go that far. Silver paint is not a good color to test finishing ability. Black paint is by far the best. Glad you got good results, though.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that black is superior but i'm pretty well aware of what to look for and how to look for it after correcting a section. I've used probably 20+ different polishes throughout my career and 3D One is on par with the best of them. Have you used One yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Have you used One yet?
    I have it. It's a nice polish. Easy to use. Game changer? No. I used it to cut black soft paint, but not for finishing. A couple other polishes I have finished much better. Still need to test it's true cutting ability on hard paint.
    '03 Corvette Z06

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I have it. It's a nice polish. Easy to use. Game changer? No. I used it to cut black soft paint, but not for finishing. A couple other polishes I have finished much better. Still need to test it's true cutting ability on hard paint.
    This. Noone saying how it cuts on hard paint compared to say HD Cut +, Jescar, D300 etc.

10. Likes WRAPT C5Z06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be the one to say it cuts better than HD Cut as that is my usual go-to compound.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be the one to say it cuts better than HD Cut as that is my usual go-to compound.
    Have you cut on on VW,Audi,Mercedes,Bmw hard paint with heavy defects?

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast