autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Forced Rotation VS Free Spinning...

I'm just looking for something that works for what I want it to do,,short throw ,long throw I don't care,,I have a 21 mm long throw machine but I haven't found the right pad/product combo for it yet.(or perfected my technique)

I am getting a lot better with my machine and I actually think it's powerful enough as I am figuring it out,,in fact I am just not sure if I want the Makita P5000 now because the appeal to me was 2 modes but if the complaint is it's under powered I may as well go with a Flex and have a premium Forced Rotation machine,,or maybe cash in all my chips for the UDOS seeing I have 3 rotarys and a 21mm machine already
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Phillips book on the Rupes System is a great guide for getting the most out of a RO longthrow machine. It might be worth the price to get instruction on proper technique.

3. Thanks Farmallluvr thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95, JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    LOL, I can see there are many a hurt butts here just cause of MY opinion, to the point of never meeting me and slamming my technique. Get over it, just cause you like the long throw doesnt mean everyone has to. OMG people. This is what always happens when we have to discuss this subject, the babies come out of the wood work when you insult their precious long throw. You like what you like and I (and a few others obviously feel the same) like what I like. Insulting me (us) isnt going to change our minds ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!! Funny to log on and see all this today. SMH
    I think the point that gets lost in all of this, is that again, it comes down to personal preference, and style.

I don't think any of that was pointed directly at you, but more in general. You're a well liked contributor on these posts as far as I'm concerned.

5. Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes dcjredline, JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL, I can see there are many a hurt butts
    I can definitely see one.

here just cause of MY opinion, to the point of never meeting me and slamming my technique.
    Well, you said you can't use a tool (it's "useless" to you) that others are just fine with, didn't you? So, then - if anybody - who was actually assessing *your* technique - you or us?

Get over it
    Over what? You dismissing a tool as "useless" that others can just work fine with? You not tolerating others' opinion on the subject? You trying to insult others in direct ad hominem attacks?

This is what always happens when we have to discuss this subject, the babies come out of the wood work
    Right. Because you definitely met all those "babies" and their techniques, didn't you? Do you realize that you're employing the very same rhetoric you just called out? So, then what exactly is your problem if you find this acceptable, or why do you keep perpetrating it if you think it's unacceptable? Of course the questions are mostly rhetoric.

You like what you like and I (and a few others obviously feel the same) like what I like. Insulting me (us) isnt going to change our minds
    Correct. Because by definition only you can change your mind. And because nobody even attempted to change your mind. They just expressed their personal opinions the same way like you did. The only difference was, that you took it all personal and couldn't accept them anyway.

7. Likes SWETM, 2old2change, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by itsgn View Post
    I can definitely see one.

Well, you said you can't use a tool (it's "useless" to you) that others are just fine with, didn't you? So, then - if anybody - who was actually assessing *your* technique - you or us?

Over what? You dismissing a tool as "useless" that others can just work fine with? You not tolerating others' opinion on the subject? You trying to insult others in direct ad hominem attacks?

Right. Because you definitely met all those "babies" and their techniques, didn't you? Do you realize that you're employing the very same rhetoric you just called out? So, then what exactly is your problem if you find this acceptable, or why do you keep perpetrating it if you think it's unacceptable? Of course the questions are mostly rhetoric.

Correct. Because by definition only you can change your mind. And because nobody even attempted to change your mind. They just expressed their personal opinions the same way like you did. The only difference was, that you took it all personal and couldn't accept them anyway.
    Didnt say anyone elses technique was bad did I? Nope cause I never met them. I CAN use the tool without it stalling BUT it doesnt do the work I want it to when its not stalling, Never said my skills were great or right only that I personally like the FLEX and hate free spinning. Everyone got all in arms. Didnt see me try to defend the 3401 that someone else said they hated did I? "Get over" the FACT that some people dont like long throw polishers , fighting fire with fire not insulting others techniques because of their opinions. Think I got them all for ya.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Didnt say anyone elses technique was bad did I?
    You called people "babies". That obviously insults their technique and experience (because well, babies can't be experienced in anything other than possibly filling their diapers, right?) AND their person as a whole on top of that (because well, that's the primary reason someone calls others babies, right?).

I CAN use the tool without it stalling BUT it doesnt do the work I want it to when its not stalling
    So, then what's the problem with others writing about being totally satisfied with what THEY get from THEIR tools?

Never said my skills were great or right only that I personally like the FLEX and hate free spinning. Everyone got all in arms.
    I didn't see that happening here. In my read the only thing other people were saying was that they just do manage to do well even with free spinning DAs - and if they don't, then that's because THEIR technique is bad, and because THEY were lazy to switch back to a smaller pad. Actually, I was the only one who referred not to self, but to others (as "person"s) when I said similar things, but even I didn't address my reply to you, and didn't mention you or something. And even I said that besides the lack of skills there is another reason why one's free spinning pads would stall: using a too large pad. Which mostly turns out to be too large only when it stalls.

Didnt see me try to defend the 3401 that someone else said they hated did I?
    By calling people babies you definitely made it clear that you consider your opinion as the only valid and rooting in experience here.

"Get over" the FACT that some people dont like long throw polishers
    There's nothing to get over, because nobody questioned your decision of not using long throw or free spinning DAs as your personal preference. The only thing debated was such tools' ability to do their job in the proper and willing hands. And btw the topic and the discussion is about free spins, not long throws, which are orthogonal features of polishers. You seem to use them interchangeably though.

fighting fire with fire not insulting others techniques because of their opinions. Think I got them all for ya.
    Right. Because even if you were right about others throwing insults at you (which I do not think was happening, by any means, but let's assume you're right at least about that), then two wrongs make a right, right?

Anyway. Just to sum it up and make it clear: I personally for hell sure didn't, and in my read others didn't either question your personal preference over what tool you're using. The only thing pointed out was that they (me inclusive) just manage to do proper work with free spinning DAs as well, which however might require using a different approach ("technique") and changing pad sizes.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep It civil guys!
    Jim

11. Likes SWETM, TTQ B4U, dlc95, rangerbay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously.

It's just buffing paint.

13. Likes Eldorado2k, sudsmobile liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like