autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna is releasing 2 new polishes.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    I like their polishes but way too hard to figure out what to use when:

• Menzerna 2200, 2400, 2500 - all all these necessary? When would I use one vs. another (2400 does look different, but 2200/2500 don't)
    • Menzerna 3000, 3500, 3800 - same question - besides minor differences in cut, are these any different?

Jescar makes it easier. So does Megs.
    How does Meguiars do it easy? For those that have used them during a long time does know maybe. But one who are going to start out with them on the detailer levels. They have a crazy amount of different polishes. The only simple way they stuck to is the names and that they have kept their old versions and names. And they have reformulate them too during the years. Maybe it's just me. But take the m100 m101 m105 compounds. Where is the sense in that? Then all of them from m01-m98. They have more product lines than anyone else I think. Put all of them up before you and with no experience get 2-3 that you think is going to suit you is not so easy. Sure you can start at the OTC Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish. And you have the mf pads with their Detailers line. Maroon bottles is it Deep Crystal line. The 105/205 is a well known combo. But so are the combos with them who used Menzerna polishes over the years. The 400/3500 is a well known combo know. And since it's a german brand. They did do the polishes towards the hard german cars clearcoat. So their over the counter system is HC1000/MC2500/FF3000. If you look at the first number you get first step 1 second step 2 and third step 3. And you have the color coded pad to each step. The evolution has been the compounds 300 and 400 that simply finish to great. So you can skip the medium polishes and go with the final step of 3500 or 3800. And have also in mind that they have been formulated towards the car industrie that only uses a rotary polisher. As towards the late years most of their polishes works with any polisher just as great.

The medium cut polish if you take first 2200 and 2500. And the difference between them is a higher cut in 2200 than 2500. It can be usefull when polishing one step on hard clearcoats. The 2400 is when polishing single stage paint and dry clearcoats as in oxidized ones. It gets it wet for a longer time and it's not drying on you when polishing those kind of paints. You use so little amount on the pads when polishing now days. And all those you can use with either their yellow foam pad or their wool pad. Forgot to mentioned the wool pad too lol.

And the biggest difference is also the deminishing abrasives. It's a simple explanation of the abrasives. But are quite advanced with starting as clusters and separates down to the particals that forms these clusters. The manufacture of this abrasive particals has developed fast the late years. And if they where to keep the old formulas there would be very many different polishes in there lines. Then again this is towards rotary polishers the most still. Is it 4-5 years ago or maybe less. The dusting problems got solved too. You that have used fg500 and fg400 know the difference between them in that dusting difference. And the most recent they have done their polishes water based and some if not all is VOC free too. This is for those that uses this daily and for a better earth environment.

Just to notice I'm no fanboy of Menzerna LOL. I have the 400 and 2400 only. The 400 I think everyone should get a little bottle of and try out. And you have a one step compound in your arsenal. On some neglected paints you can compound and polish with only one pad and one polish. And get LSP ready in 4-5 passes per section with the 400 and a longthrow polisher.

The name changes I can understand be confuseing. But it don't take long to understand and switch to the new names of it.

I hope they do get it easy to understand the new polishes that are coming out. Hope they don't start to name them as Finishing Glaze or FG400 v4.2 or something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

m100 is not available in the US.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweetm, good point about Megs. I was thinking non-detailer. Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish - pretty easy. M105 and M205 is pretty easy as well. No question they have a ton of different stuff for pros that I have not tried to figure out. And I don't particularly like M105.

Griots would probably have been a better example.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    m100 is not available in the US.
    Sorry buddy!!

Meguiars M100 Pro Speed Compound
    Jim

6. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Swetm I have to agree with you. Yet I must politely disagree with you. Meguiars have a lot of products, the thing is they never changed to names of them like Menzerna did. I personally love Menzerna polishes/compounds and have no problem figuring out what one I need to use because I do/did my research. It becomes confusing on the forums when you read about PO85RD, SF4500 and 3800. All the same polish but these forums save info that is still valuable many years later. And that’s where the confusion comes in. I’m certainly not knocking Menzerna’s product. Some of the finest abrasives anywhere. I’m knocking their naming structure that can not stay consistent.
    Jim

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Wow, when did that happen? Last time I looked it was like $50.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Wow, when did that happen? Last time I looked it was like $50.
    Maybe you are thinking of 101 Meguiars M101 Foam Cut Compound, meguiars compound, m101 compound, meguiars foam cut compound

That was originally a Europe only release but enough people on the Forums in the US imported it from Europe that Meg’s decided to offer it in the us.
    Jim

11. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

13. Thanks VitreousHumor, JustJesus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Maybe you are thinking of 101 Meguiars M101 Foam Cut Compound, meguiars compound, m101 compound, meguiars foam cut compound

That was originally a Europe only release but enough people on the Forums in the US imported it from Europe that Meg’s decided to offer it in the us.
    Yeah, you're probably right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post

Bob

Hahahahahahahahaha. Might be your best post EVER.
    Jim

16. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95, VitreousHumor, SWETM liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast