autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Have you use any SiO2 waxes, what's out there?

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Yeah, just found that thread. Apparently some TiO2 content but no SiO2? Whatever it is, I really like it...
    SWETM, later in that thread, gave a long chemical response as to why he believes there is a SiO2 reaction once water is added to the formula. So since I’m not smart enough to prove or disprove that, nor do I know if Travis is, I left the SiO2 as a maybe, depending on validity of SWETM’s statements.

2. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have topped Synergy with both High Gloss and BF SIO2 without any problems whatsoever. I prefer High Gloss but that is just me.
    I have a tangerine pearl Harley with BF coating topped with Zircon and the Zircon makes the pearl flakes really pop! Only time Zircon looks better than High Gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper280 View Post
    I have topped Synergy with both High Gloss and BF SIO2 without any problems whatsoever. I prefer High Gloss but that is just me.
    I have a tangerine pearl Harley with BF coating topped with Zircon and the Zircon makes the pearl flakes really pop! Only time Zircon looks better than High Gloss.
    Being that Synergy has some coating properties, is it safe to assume those sprays only add to the glassy look, compared to changing it To a totally different type of look?

Post Thanks / Like

To me it only adds Gloss!

6. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Synergy. It’s legit. It lasts longer than pretty much anything else out there that comes in a tin. I actually won it in a contest. It’s very good, application isn’t the most enjoyable though and the tin is pretty small for the money.

However, these days - would I drop $200 for it? Doubt it. I know a lotta guys on here love trying new stuff always chasing the latest and greatest and would love to have a garage full of products to play with. If that’s you & you have money to burn - get it.

Well, I’m that guy with the garage full of products. Haven’t bought much in 4 yrs or so & I have enough stuff for 10 lifetimes.

That being said, I’m also now in tune with the cost/benefit/value of this stuff. I used to have no problem spending hundreds to try stuff. But, the thing is - a lot of the products are good today and there performance is similar.

So, once I’m out of Synergy could I see myself paying for a new tin when a tin on Collinite 915 is $38 for 2x as much wax? No. 915 gives you 98% of what Synergy does at a significantly lower price, easier application, and no need for dedicated prep products.

It’s kinda like paying an extra $30k for 10 more horsepower on a $25k car.

8. Likes Chopper280, Desertnate, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree with swanicyouth.
    I had to have Synergy and I got it. I like it but there are a lot of easy to use sprays I had rather use.
    I have 5 different coatings yet I prefer sealants.
    Being retired I have a lot of time on my hands for this stuff because I despise working on the house!

I went out in the garage and counted. I have 9 coatings.
    Last edited by Chopper280; 07-26-2018 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Mistake

10. Likes BudgetPlan1, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Synergy because I needed it too. Was able to wait for the right sale and the right price, even though I knew I wouldn’t use it for some time. I have so many LSPs to use. It’s very fun and satisfying for me. Of them all, Synergy probably excites me the most, and once I put it on, I will continue my fun by playing around with different SiO2 toppers because that’s what I’m liking at the moment. Either way, this hobby keeps me always looking forward to something, and I’m rarely disappointed by the results, thanks to all the great products out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I have Synergy because I needed it too. Was able to wait for the right sale and the right price, even though I knew I wouldn’t use it for some time. I have so many LSPs to use. It’s very fun and satisfying for me. Of them all, Synergy probably excites me the most, and once I put it on, I will continue my fun by playing around with different SiO2 toppers because that’s what I’m liking at the moment. Either way, this hobby keeps me always looking forward to something, and I’m rarely disappointed by the results, thanks to all the great products out there.
    Another Burgh person who has more than he will ever use

13. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in agreement about the cost of the Synergy. ITs the most expensive wax that I own. I didn't pay full price. It was on sale to begin with and then the 20-25% discount coupon at the time knocked the price down to something easier to swallow. I got my WG Fuzion the same way. I really want to play with the PA SiO2 waxes, but I'm only picking up a product here and there. I just wish that their various prep polishes weren't so expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

DBAILEY, I’m going to try the various SiO2 sprays on top of Synergy and Pro Primer Polish or Essence for that reason. That way I can enjoy the wax/polish SiO2s for a bit, then top as I please, without going for the expensive prep polishes. I guess I’ll be missing out on any extra buzz the expensive prep polished could have added, but I still get to see the sprays on top of clean SiO2.

16. Likes DBAILEY liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast