autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Very inconsistent

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Lots of good advice here, I'll hopefully add to it.

When I detailed for a living I learned quickly that the maintenance angle was the way to go. I racked my brain trying to come up with a group that would want the service and could afford it. I came up with teachers and real estate agents. The teachers (and college professors) wanted a clean car but had little time. The realtors HAD TO HAVE a clean car and even less time.
    Very good idea finding a specific market. Plus once you build up enough customers you don't even need to advertise. I think another profession to go after is Doctors and Nurses. The real estate agents is a guarantee for business.

2. Thanks RTexasF thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Very good idea finding a specific market. Plus once you build up enough customers you don't even need to advertise. I think another profession to go after is Doctors and Nurses. The real estate agents is a guarantee for business.
    We do two different hospitals, one on Friday of the first week and one the following Monday. It falls on their payday and the Monday after payday. One hospital closer to Orange County is very good. We'll go there and do 4 cars and make $300. The other is closer to our house and the money is not quite as good because people here don't spend quite as much money on things. But, all in all, it's been very good and provides a steady weekly income. Plus, we've managed to score some really good jobs outside the hospital from it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityAutoSpa View Post
    According to google the average household income is 153k median household income $102918 average household net worth $728k the median home value is 683k. I’m just relaying what google is giving me.

Basically all I do is maintenance washes I guess. Rarely will I sell my higher end packages and I won’t hand wax a car on my smallest package if it’s full of Decon I’ll show them and recommend a clay bar. I will however wax one that has had a full detail in the past or a newer vehicle.
    Hey, you also have 3 registered sex offenders. LOL

I'm not the paint police. I'll do what people want me to do even if it's against my recommendation. You're never going to hurt a car giving it a good wash and a good coat of wax. Plus, you get people used to spending a little bit more. Next time it's a little bit more than that.

Post Thanks / Like

I will say, the median income is very high but the population is very low. Sometimes you have to overwhelm yourself with sheer numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone ideas are great. You need to research your areas and know where and where not to market. Most of our details are $375 to $800 per car and coatings are $1800 to $4500 per vehicle but that’s based on what area where we’re working. In our area marine customers are golden those are the big spenders. Google AdWords express is great if you don’t know how to work the standard AdWords. We have a working total budget of $1300 month but I would say start with $350/400 and work a small area then build from there most of our customers are word of mouth. We have some New York buddies that charge in the upper $1500 for details only. You may not have customers like that in your area so what I tell most people go to your local bmw,Lexus, Porsche dealers and try to get them to sale your coating and cut them a small portion.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

It was more of Im not putting a paste wax over all that decon bc it’s going to be a itch to get it off.

I’m learning my area, lots of hidden money out here most don’t want to spend it.

I did a gls today absolutely disgusting. They don’t care for anything more than simple wash and interior. $80 act like I just told them I kidnapped their only child.

I need to find the ones who want to pay for quality work. I used to clean the vents on my basic package not anymore that starts the next package up. But then I don’t want them to feel like they wasted their money.

Any ideas how to get out of constant maintenance washes and on more full details?

Post Thanks / Like

Jesus lol 4500 for a coating? I know some people in my area charge 1000-1500 maybe the top guy charges 1800.

Guess dc has that political cash. I grew up in olney/ Montgomery county. Potomac is where it’s at and Chevy Chase old money.

Post Thanks / Like

I did raise my prices earlier this year to 80/100 for the basic and so on about 50+ for each package. Got a lot of people saying no I’m too expensive And business took a hit. I think my main problem is all the cars are leases they just throw them away in 2 years.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m going to give adwords another shot, after looking at my targeted area I have it selected by zip code. Only the places I WANT to work will see my ad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityAutoSpa View Post
    Jesus lol 4500 for a coating? I know some people in my area charge 1000-1500 maybe the top guy charges 1800.

Guess dc has that political cash. I grew up in olney/ Montgomery county. Potomac is where it’s at and Chevy Chase old money.
    Mo county you can always get top dollar you just have to know where the find them. $1800 is base paint correction with level 2 coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.