autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drying towels: is the PFM by Griot's still the best?

Quote Originally Posted by gsmarquis View Post
    Are they sensitive to the cleaning and drying process to maintain the usability?
    I wash mine like all my other MF’s. Wash on warm with Micro Restore and dry on low heat. Work as they did on day one.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Dry me Crazy's, big blues and the PFM. Hands down PFM by a mile. I do not use any drying aids with my PFM's as I found out with my other drying towels that the water absorbency suffers after a while no matter how I wash them.

3. Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes fly07sti, derass, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I wash mine like all my other MF’s. Wash on warm with Micro Restore and dry on low heat. Work as they did on day one.
    That's how I wash mine except I use Towel Kleen. Same results!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yes, personally if we’re talking Large PFM [which is what I use] I 1st fold the dry towel in half and go along each side of the vehicle “matador style” meaning holding the corners of the folded towel and gently dragging it along the vertical panel and following it up with a broad wipe across any areas that were missed with the initial wipe. [usually the lower half of the doors and the pillar above the windows]
    I gave this technique a try yesterday with my large PFM and it works really well! Much better than trying to fold the large PFM into something manageable for wiping, and worrying about it unraveling and dragging on the ground.

I personally like to start by dragging the large PFM across the horizontal panels, the addressing the sides.

But my small PFM's just showed up, so I just have to wash them, and I'll be using them for the vertical panels. Maybe I'll continue with "matador style", maybe the small ones will be enough by themselves. We'll see this weekend!

6. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    PFM is better than the big blue. I gave my big blue away after reviewing it for Meghan.
    As thick and as soft as they are, I agree. I love how they feel, but not as good for drying. Maybe some bath robes from the material? That would be great

Post Thanks / Like

Drying towels: is the PFM by Griot's still the best?

Quote Originally Posted by derass View Post
    I gave this technique a try yesterday with my large PFM and it works really well! Much better than trying to fold the large PFM into something manageable for wiping, and worrying about it unraveling and dragging on the ground.

I personally like to start by dragging the large PFM across the horizontal panels, the addressing the sides.

But my small PFM's just showed up, so I just have to wash them, and I'll be using them for the vertical panels. Maybe I'll continue with "matador style", maybe the small ones will be enough by themselves. We'll see this weekend!
    I love reading posts like these. Stuff like this is why I like this forum. I’ve picked up on lots of great tips from others, and being able to pitch in and help in any way feels great.Drying towels: is the PFM by Griot's still the best?

Btw, I know how you feel about having some new PFMs... I’m debating on whether I should wash them or just go ahead and use them right now as I’m getting ready to wash a couple of my own vehicles here at home.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    PFM is better than the big blue. I gave my big blue away after reviewing it for Meghan.
    I was the fortunate recipient of said towel. I think it’s a great towel and have always stated I’ve got zero complaints. Thanks, Guz.Drying towels: is the PFM by Griot's still the best?

9. Likes SWETM, JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I love reading posts like these. Stuff like this is why I like this forum. I’ve picked up on lots of great tips from others, and being able to pitch in and help in any way feels great.Drying towels: is the PFM by Griot's still the best?

Btw, I know how you feel about having some new PFMs... I’m debating on whether I should wash them or just go ahead and use them right now as I’m getting ready to wash a couple of my own vehicles here at home.

I was the fortunate recipient of said towel. I think it’s a great towel and have always stated I’ve got zero complaints. Thanks, Guz.Drying towels: is the PFM by Griot's still the best?

I use my PFM’s right out the bag. Never had any problems.

11. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I use my PFM’s right out the bag. Never had any problems.
    Great. That’s all I need to hear.Drying towels: is the PFM by Griot's still the best?

Post Thanks / Like

I do the same as fly07sti. I have 8 16x16 PFM's. I just used them right out of the bag and did not wash them. No problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Hum...

I have tried about 5 different drying towels over the years. Only one I did not like was the Cobra ones I purchased from Autogeek. I cannot remember the exact name but they are not actually towels. They are like thick foamlike pads. I purchased 5 of them one only used them once. Despised how they feel.

Other than that, I have seen no difference better using a normal microfiber towel or a drying microfiber towel besides the fact drying ones are bigger and hold much more water. I have purchased some at walmart and they worked just as well as specialty ones.

I am very curious to know what difference you see using the GG ones? Is it in the way they release water when you wring them? Do they absorb better? Are they softer?
    I've been using the PFM drying towels for over 3 years now and I've never once had to wring one out. I can easily dry my full size Ram 1500 with one PFM towel and still have enough left in it do dry most of my wife's car after it too. They absorb water unlike any other style of drying towel I've used.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

15. Likes JustJesus liked this post
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast